PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get a brick??

Pages : [1] 2

Christiii
01-11-2003, 09:10 AM
Good Morning!!
I was just wonderfing how many people have gotten a brick on the walkway between disnyland and DCA?? My mom and I have one, and I love our placement!! Its in the block right in the center, facing Disneyland..everytime we go, we have to step on our brick for good luck...I think its a really neat thing to read all the bricks from different visitors...PLUS, you get your discount with your PAP, so the price isnt too bad!!
Id love to hear if others have gotten them too!!
Hugs!
Christi :-)
Lodi Ca

Rallymonkey23
01-11-2003, 09:53 AM
We don't have one. :(
We are waiting until they lower the price for them. At least to $75.00. What is the price for them now anyways? Is it still $150.00? (or something like that) So, yeah, if they never lower the prices, then were just gonna have to settle on stomping on Paul Presslers brick everytime we go. :D

Christiii
01-11-2003, 09:59 AM
the price is $150, but with the AP discount it comes out to $135...whichI didnt mind spending....I always splurge on something there, and this time I know cant be forgotten in a drawer somewhere!! haha Now I have my eye on a 1939 Mickey Mouse watch...I really need to start chanting..I dont NEED it... I dont NEED it
:-)
Christi
Lodi Ca

blusilva
01-11-2003, 03:34 PM
Yes, I have one. It was a gift from my brother for Christmas 2001. We got it the day of Uncle Walt's 100th birthday celebration, so that's the date I put on it. :)

Wizard69
01-11-2003, 04:53 PM
I have a brick! Mine is in the center as well. I didn't mind spending the money. I even have the little replica on my desk at home. Being an AP as well as a stockholder, and, since I love Disney, why not invest in something I that I can look at all the time as well as help Disney with revenue.

rexfarms
01-11-2003, 05:00 PM
I am also waiting for the price to go down but if it doesnt, then I will wait until Disney says they are going to stop selling them, then buy one, but shhh its a secret. I bet 80% of the bricks are APers.;)

uberfrau
01-11-2003, 06:56 PM
We have a brick! And it was made worth every penny when my (then) boyfriend got down on one knee, right over the brick.... and asked me to marry him :)

HBTiggerFan
01-11-2003, 06:56 PM
I would like one, however I do forsee my budget allowing me to spend $150 on a brick. Right now I don't forsee my budget allowing me to spend $205 on my renewal PAP.

Christiii
01-11-2003, 07:16 PM
I got a replica too!! I just love the idea of it!! I got the acrylic one with the wood base...it is just adorable!! I know $150 is not cheap, but its is something that will be around for a long time. Mine is placed right next to the center sundail, at the ray that points to Disneyland (if that makes sense), so it is really easy to find!! The price is $135 to AP holders.
Lodi Ca

dsnyredhead
01-11-2003, 08:48 PM
My husband and I got one with our wedding date on it.

tabacco
01-11-2003, 09:08 PM
Anyone want to loan me $150? ;)

HBTiggerFan
01-11-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Christiii
I got a replica too!! I just love the idea of it!! I got the acrylic one with the wood base...it is just adorable!! I know $150 is not cheap, but its is something that will be around for a long time.

Actually I believe they are only guaranteed to be there for 10 years, and then you need to either renew it or risk it going buh-bye :(

The price is $135 to AP holders.
Lodi Ca

I don't forsee my budget allowing $135 either. Oh well.

JBKMC
01-11-2003, 10:40 PM
Yep got one there C31-129.

We havent tracked it down in awhile but every now and then we stroll over and take a look at it.

Also works well as a meeting spot for our friends. It Is a little small for everyone to meet on, but the general area is good enough.

rexfarms
01-11-2003, 11:48 PM
I still enjoy stomping on Pressler's brick. C-34 I believe. Or is that Cynthia's which is right next to his?;) I like Cynthia, she is always nice to me. :)

cstephens
01-12-2003, 08:05 AM
We were given a brick as a wedding present, so our name and wedding date are on it. It's actually in a fairly easy-to-find spot, so we look at it on occasion.

The funny thing is that other friends gave us, as a wedding gift, an etching on the "leave a legacy" thing at Epcot, so we're bi-coastal. :)

Don
01-12-2003, 08:15 AM
We bought one a couple of years back. I can distinctly remember being told they would be there forever, as it was part of the sales pitch that involved connecting DL to DCA and we would always be a part of it, blah, blah, blah. Now we read these things have a shelf life. On the other hand, there's still so many open spaces on the Esplanade I don't know if we're in any danger of getting removed. Come ten years time (we have about eight years left I suppose), if they remove us and there's still spaces left, I ain't gonna be very happy. I'll at least want that brick for my own. Heck, even if they move it because they're outta space I'll want it. I paid for it, and no one EVER told me I was merely leasing it.

cstephens
01-12-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Don
We bought one a couple of years back. I can distinctly remember being told they would be there forever, as it was part of the sales pitch that involved connecting DL to DCA and we would always be a part of it, blah, blah, blah.

Hmmm, if they told you forever, then you were lied to. All the literature I've seen says guarantee of 10 years.

MammaSilva
01-12-2003, 08:55 AM
when I asked about the 10 year issue they said because the materials the bricks are made of are only tested for a '10 year span' and "may" start self destructing (not they words they used but my shortened version of their explanation) IMHO is that if they decide they want to revamp the area and change the walkway they avoid legal issues with that little fine print/loophole, so actually you never really 'buy a brick' leasing is much more accurate. Of course if you spend the extra for the replica you always have that as a memory..

as for buying a brick....I would love to but I always seem to find something eles I want more when I have the disposable income for one :)

Tatertotsmommie
01-12-2003, 10:24 AM
I would really love to buy a brick, but I never knew about this 10 year issue. I doubt they would actually pull the bricks out and replace them after 10 years. I hope they are just keeping their options open legally to be able to change that area if they decide to (like mammasilva was saying). How much extra does it cost to get the replica?

driftwood714
01-12-2003, 10:43 AM
Yes, they are keeping their options open legally. Management is telling everyone the bricks will be there for the life of the walkway, which could be who knows. But they put a guarantee period of 10 years for any refund or compensation claims by sponsors. I have one out there and I imagne it'll be there for at least 20+ years.

Over at WDW, they have a similar program outside the Magic Kingdom which has been going on for 9 or 10 years and the bricks look beautiful. That's a big reason why I sponsored a brick out here because I know how long the WDW program had been going and how the bricks looked the last time I visited.

dasrock
01-12-2003, 07:11 PM
cool, I'm going to get one for my daughter!
krystyne!

Don
01-12-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
Hmmm, if they told you forever, then you were lied to. All the literature I've seen says guarantee of 10 years.

Well, I dunno if I was lied to, because it is quite possible that whoever told us really believed it. All I know for sure is no mention was ever made back then of a ten year time limit.

Rallymonkey23
01-12-2003, 07:40 PM
So, If I were to buy/ lease a brick tomorrow, I would be guaranteed 10 years? Or is it guaranteed 10 years from the date they first started placing the bricks? That could get pretty confusing if/ when they go to replace the path.

mad4mky
01-12-2003, 08:45 PM
I don't have a brick. I thought I would want one...but then, I got to thinking...how often would I see it? Do any of *you* care that I have a brick?
And...I'd rather spend my $150 (or $135 since I am an AP) buying a nice piece of 14kt gold Mickey Mouse jewelry or watch than on a brick. Call me crazy, but I can enjoy my gold Mickey charm everyday! Or my gold Mickey earrings every day...
Or...I can save that money...add more to it...for a return trip to WDW or on another Disney Cruise...

Bricks ar nice...but I can't wear it, or see it everyday...:(
If I had money to burn now...that would be a different story...:rolleyes:

Kimi_Coconuts
01-13-2003, 12:33 PM
We have one and a replica and we love having it there!