PDA

View Full Version : Diabetic in Disney

EchoThree76
07-16-2009, 02:04 PM
So i heard a rumor. I heard that if you are diabetic they move you to the front of the line so you dont stand in a long line. Is this true? If so how do you go about proving that you are diabetic?

MammaSilva
07-16-2009, 02:06 PM
This is not true, the ONLY people I know of that get a front of the line pass are the special cases such as Make a Wish kids, there is no 'normal' illness or disability that rates 'front of the line'.

Malcon10t
07-16-2009, 02:13 PM
So i heard a rumor. I heard that if you are diabetic they move you to the front of the line so you dont stand in a long line. Is this true? If so how do you go about proving that you are diabetic?No. This is among the many myths out there. If your diabetes causes you issues that fatigues you, you may rent a wheelchair. You will then use the handicap access. This is not a "front of the line" pass either. You wait in a different queue, which may be shaded or provide a place to sit while waiting, and sometimes the wait is longer than the regular queue.

A good friend of mine is a Type I diabetic classified a "Brittle" diabetic. He has never needed to use the Guest Assistance at the park.

adriennek
07-16-2009, 07:21 PM
So i heard a rumor. I heard that if you are diabetic they move you to the front of the line so you dont stand in a long line. Is this true? If so how do you go about proving that you are diabetic?

And here I saw the topic of the thread and I expected this to be a question about eating or storing insulin.

Adirenne

cstephens
07-16-2009, 10:54 PM
And here I saw the topic of the thread and I expected this to be a question about eating or storing insulin.

Adirenne

Same here. I can't imagine why simply being diabetic would give someone front-of-the-line access.

But I'm giggling that AdK was so tired, she couldn't even spell her own name!

adriennek
07-17-2009, 08:41 AM
But I'm giggling that AdK was so tired, she couldn't even spell her own name!

I was testing to see if you were paying attention. Ok. I wasn't. I couldn't see the screen because I was doing something else with my eyes.

Adrienne

Cheshire Figment
07-18-2009, 06:25 PM
The normal and official response for any stamina/mobility issue is the suggestion that a wheelchair or ECV be rented.

For any invisible disablity a Guest Assistance Card may be issued based on the needs (not diagnoses) of the individual. The GAC Specifically states on it that it is not intended to bypass any line.

And as mentioned above, only fragile or terminal children on a trip from Make-A-Wish or similar organization will get a FOTL pass.

EchoThree76
07-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Yeah..this is what i figured. The person who said that it is true was one of those know it alls that dosent really know anything at all. My sister was able to go to DL thanks to Make a wish. ONe of the best experiences ever.

dngnb8
09-15-2009, 03:00 PM

Adirenne

My wife has been diabetic 37 years. If anyone wishes information on caring for sugar levels in the parks, I would be happy to share what we know.