PDA

View Full Version : How many days

stephanie01
01-10-2003, 06:36 PM
We can go to Disneyland 4 days and San Diego 2 days or go to San Diego 3 days and Disney 3 days.

What would you do if you had 3 toddlers? 3 or 4 days in Disney? Reasons why would be helpful too! Thanks so much.

MouseWife
01-10-2003, 06:41 PM
I guess you need to give a little bit more information:

time of year

ages of kids

what sort of things you would like to do, places you would like to go & see

budget...........

EandCDad
01-10-2003, 07:03 PM
You could easily spend 4 days in the Disneyland/Anaheim area with 2 days at Disneyland and 1 at DCA and the extra day for other theme parks or shopping or what have you.

Here are some things to do in San Diego:

The Zoo
The Wild Animal Park
Sea World
Legoland (I think in another thread you said the kids are 2,2,4, I would recommend a stop here)
Beach (if it is beachy time of year)

So Mousewife is right, you can easily spend time in either of your combinations and your preferences will play a big factor in that. I would say if this is a once in a lifetime type Disneyland trip, spend 4 days there and 2 in San Diego. You can't do all the San Diego things in 2 days, so pick two and go with them.

MouseWife
01-10-2003, 10:05 PM
Yep, I went to Legoland today. The ones having the most fun were the youngest ones. I was sad thinking how I wished it were around when my older kids {15,17} were small.

Hey, maybe that new ticket, that City Pass, might be just what you need.

I don't have a link but there is a thread on it.

EandCDad, I thought of you and lisap today whilst at Legoland.
You have young girls, do you go there often? It was pretty empty today. Is this normal? {sorry to derail........}

EandCDad
01-11-2003, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by MouseWife
Hey, maybe that new ticket, that City Pass, might be just what you need.

I don't have a link but there is a thread on it.

Here is the Souther California City Pass Link (http://citypass.net/cgi-bin/citypass/city_fly?mv_arg=socal&rand=7090). This pass will get you a 3 day park hopper to Disneyland and DCA and one day tickets to Knotts (which is in Buena Park), Sea World, and the SD Zoo. You could easily do three days at DL and DCA and then come down and do Sea World and the SD Zoo.

You'd miss Legoland, tho, and you probably couldn't use the Knotts ticket, but with the age of your kids, it wouldn't be a big loss.

Mousewife-We have passes to Legoland. We go frequently as it is only about 15 minutes from us. I would think it would be pretty uncrowded on a weekday in January. It has its crowded days but they usually mirror Disneyland's (summer, weekends, spring break).

DisneyGuy03
01-11-2003, 11:07 AM
Well, I live in San Diego and I would reccomend in order of priority:
Sea World
LegoLand ? (I have never been there, but from what I have heard it's really good for the young kids, but it is in Carlsbad, which is about 30-45 minutes away from San Diego)
The Zoo
The Wild Animal Park (Technically it is in San Diego, but it's closer to Escondido, from down by Sea World it would be about a 45 minute drive in a different direction than Legoland)
The Beach (of course depends on time of year, but if you do go to the beach, I would reccomend La Jolla, a short drive from Sea World and really nice beaches with palygournds and all)

Sea World has a good pass if you are wanting to go to certain parks, I believe thier selection includes:
A ticket for Sea World/Universal Studios (14 days) last time I checked on this ticket, it cost $65 or something like that.

A tickets for Sea World/The Zoo/Wild Animal Park (I know these tickets can be purchasd at the zoo and wild animal park, but I believe they can also be purchased at sea world, the last I saw, these again we valid for 14 days and cost something like $55)

Sea World and Disneyland now both sell tickets that are valid at both, I do not know the cost though.

As mentioned there is the So. Cal. City Pass, which is also a really good deal.

And there are many, many more deals out there, through AAA, military, non-profit groups and I am sure there are others, just depends on your affiliations.

Well, I hope that this helps you.

julia
01-12-2003, 11:01 AM
Hi!

I think I would do 4 days at Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure. I was at Disneyland late last summer for some business meetings until mid-afternoon, then spend 9 hours per day for 3 days in the parks. I was in the parks from 3 p.m. until after 11 p.m. and still didn't get to half of the rides and attractions that I wanted to see. I was organized in what I wanted to see, but I took my time, ate leisurely meals, stopped to rest the feet every so often, used my FastPasses and still wished that I could have had a couple more days. There is so much to do and so much to see....

With the wee ones, be sure to at least stop for a visit at the Build-A-Bear Workshop, it is so cute! I always smile when I see someone in an airport with a box from the Build-A-Bear Workshop at Disneyland.

Have a great time!
Julia

stephanie01
01-12-2003, 03:10 PM
Our group will have two 2 year olds and one 4 year old.

I'm afraid that we'll only be able to spend about 2-3 hours a day at the park before the kids get pooped out. However, b/c they are so young I'm sure there are only certain attractions for their age group.

Thanks for all your replies.
Stephanie

Darkbeer
01-12-2003, 03:54 PM
Actually the CityPass is a great idea, Knott's has the Camp Snoopy area that the little ones love. I would think about Legoland as a add-on, with the ages of your kids, it would be perfect for them! (Note, Legoland is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, except during the summer).

The San Diego Zoo has a great Children's Zoo, and the Bus Tour is great for the entire family.

Sea World might be the toughest on the little ones, most of the attractions are shows which require the little ones to sit and remain in the chairs. They have a play area though, mainly dry, but with a wet area.

As for Disney, DCA has the new Flik's Fun Fair, which the kids will love, unless it is busy, which then the waits will get to everyone, especially since the ride times are so short. Most everything else in DCA is for older folks.

Disneyland will mainly be Fantasyland, and Toontown. The best strategy is to get there early, like a few minutes before park opening, and head straight to Fantasyland, and ride Dumbo, Peter Pan and then Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, then the rest of Fantasyland and Toontown, though I would make Mickey's House (which offers interaction with Mickey) my first stop at Toontown.

So plan to visit DLR during the week, and not on the weekends.

This make 4 days in Orange County (3 at the DLR and one at Knott's, plus two days in San Diego.)

MouseWife
01-12-2003, 04:45 PM
We actually never spend more than 3 hours at a time at the park, or any park.

You will have a hotel room, so, that is great.

We go right when the park opens, while the lines are short. Enjoy the rides the kids love and some for the bigger ones {I have older ones}while those lines are short. A nap back at the hotel, combined with lunch and maybe a swim and everyone is refreshed to go back into the park for another 3 hour stint. Or less, what ever.

You can see the fireworks, the Electric Light Parade, that sort of thing.

As for Knott's, yes, Camp Snoopy is great. If you get there early as well you can do all of the things the kids like and then be done. It usually isn't crowded{during the week}. Another plus about the short lines is that if one of the older ones wants to ride a more scary ride, those waiting don't have to wait that long.

Have a lot of fun!