PDA

View Full Version : "Believe...there's magic in the stars" starts tonight, you there?

Ralph Wiggum
01-10-2003, 02:55 PM
I won't be there but I was wondering if anyone is gonna be there. They made alot of changes to the Holiday version this year so i was wondering if they will do it for the normal version.

zapppop
01-10-2003, 02:59 PM
I'll let you know in a few hours

RStar
01-10-2003, 03:43 PM
So that means you'll be there?

With your monkey???

;)

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
01-10-2003, 11:38 PM
Without looking at the CD credits... who here knows who sings the main vocal in Believe....

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
01-10-2003, 11:42 PM
"Believe...There's Magic in the Stars" that is :-)

Polar33
01-11-2003, 02:57 AM
I saw the show tonight. For those who are wondering, there were no changes to the show. It's the same as it was before holiday Believe... took over. Which is a bit of a shame...I really will miss those fan effects.

They were doing light and sound checks for the show on Tuesday night after closing...let me tell you, it was really odd being in the park with the music for the fireworks playing and the castle changing colors, but NO fireworks going off. It was actually a little creepy. But I did get to see a few cool things about the castle lighting that I never noticed before.

Oh, and I can't believe I actually know this off the top of my head (and am admiting to it) but Sandi Patty (http://www.delafont.com/music_acts/Sandi-Patty.htm) is the lead vocalist for Believe...

zapppop
01-11-2003, 08:14 AM
I will confirm.
There are no changes.
It's still a great show.

cemeinke
01-11-2003, 09:26 AM
Well maybe someone can confirm this for me, but I think I did detect one very minor change.

The opening "comet" firework was launched so that it flew left to right. My recolection is that last year, this opening firework went from right to left.

Rallymonkey23
01-11-2003, 09:45 AM
No, I "believe" (pun intended) the opening "comet" always flew from left to right. Anyone else know for sure?

Sheila
01-11-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Polar33
Oh, and I can't believe I actually know this off the top of my head (and am admiting to it) but Sandi Patty (http://www.delafont.com/music_acts/Sandi-Patty.htm) is the lead vocalist for Believe...

How sure are you? I thought it was Kellie Coffey (of course it could be Kellie for Holiday Believe and Sandi for regular Believe). Coffey is the main singer on Illuminations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot.

On the other hand, I have been told that the singer on Holiday Believe is really Sheena Easton, which I don't believe for a minute. I'm just about positive it is indeed Coffey.

It sure would be nice to get this all straightened out.... ;) :D

Sheila

DisneyGuy03
01-11-2003, 11:28 AM
Actually, I too, remember it being from right to left, but not in the most recent version.....also, didn't anyone else notice the hearts? I am pretty sure those weren't there before or were they just never working?

Also, did anyone else notice that the lack of wind caused the smoke to just sit there last night blocking quite a few of the fireworks?

gn2dlnd
01-11-2003, 12:07 PM
Well, whether it's Sandi, Patti, Sheena, Sheila, or Kellie, does the lyric, "A magic carpet ride, where fun awaits for you," make anyone else crazy? "Fun" can either "wait for you," or "await you," but it can't "await for you." At least, not in English.

cemeinke
01-11-2003, 12:16 PM
The hearts were there before, but like some of the other "shape" fireworks like the Stars and happy faces, they don't always work.

Yeah yesterday many of the fireworks had to be viewed through the smoke - so maybe there are some changes none of us have seen yet ;)

Polar33
01-11-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Sheila
How sure are you? I thought it was Kellie Coffey (of course it could be Kellie for Holiday Believe and Sandi for regular Believe). Coffey is the main singer on Illuminations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot.

Yep, there are separate vocalists for each version of "Believe...". Here is Kellie Coffey's website (http://www.kelliecoffey.com/) for anyone who is interested.

Darn, I just remembered that I forgot to go and get the changes to this years Holiday "Believe..." on tape. Anyone know of a website that has this years version available for download?

Wizard69
01-11-2003, 05:07 PM
Magic in the Stars is sung by Sandi Patti.

Actually, I too, remember it being from right to left, but not in the most recent version.....also, didn't anyone else notice the hearts? I am pretty sure those weren't there before or were they just never working?

Disneyguy: The opening comet did used to fly from right to left. The hearts were always there. Last night they were all upside down though :) I think someone was facing the wrong direction when the put the shells in the cannon :)

JeffG
01-11-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Sheila

Kellie Coffey did the vocals for "Believe in Holiday Magic" and "Luminaria" while Sandi Patti did the vocals for "Believe There's Magic in the Stars". The singers are identified on the CD recordings of each, so I am sure of the accuracy of that.

-Jeff

Sheila
01-11-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by JeffG
Kellie Coffey did the vocals for "Believe in Holiday Magic" and "Luminaria" while Sandi Patti did the vocals for "Believe There's Magic in the Stars". The singers are identified on the CD recordings of each, so I am sure of the accuracy of that.

Thanks all. It's good to get that straightened out. :D

I thought the Sheena Easton one was the hardest to believe. She just didn't have that same breathy quality as does Kellie Coffey so I'm glad to know I'm not losing my mind.

Sandi Patty just knocked me out when I heard her sing on last year's Fourth of July Special with Peter Jennings. What a voice!

Sheila

cstephens
01-12-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by DisneyGuy03
Actually, I too, remember it being from right to left, but not in the most recent version

I've always remembered the opening going from left to right. That's why it creates a nice bookend when the last single comet goes from right to left. It really bothered me when they took that part out for a while.

Rallymonkey23
01-12-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Polar33
Yep, there are separate vocalists for each version of "Believe...". Here is Kellie Coffey's website (http://www.kelliecoffey.com/) for anyone who is interested.

Darn, I just remembered that I forgot to go and get the changes to this years Holiday "Believe..." on tape. Anyone know of a website that has this years version available for download?

Oh my word!! I always thought that Sara McLachlan sang White Christmas in Believe. :eek:

Is it just me, or does Kellie and Sara have the same voice? :confused:

Matterhorn Fan
01-12-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
Yeah yesterday many of the fireworks had to be viewed through the smoke - so maybe there are some changes none of us have seen yet ;) All the smoke seemed to be going Main St./Tomorrowland-wards yesterday. You should have been by the ROA--we could see everything great from over there, and there wasn't much of a crowd, either. (We did have to sit in front of a "talk all the way through Pirates" couple right afterwards--win some, lose some.)

Sophie832
01-12-2003, 09:18 PM
Glad we're getting all these answers straight at last. I was trying to imagine the shooting star effect in my mind, and I remember it being right to left as well, but I could be wrong, I guess. The smoke has been fairly thick this past weekend, but it's probably the weather. I like the music from both fireworks shows, so I'm glad to see the original back.

Whoops, just checked the tape...and it has always gone left to right, above the castle. I was wrong, and the show hasn't undergone any changes over the holiday season.

GoldenEars
01-13-2003, 08:34 AM
Just a minor correction in the spelling of Sandi Patti. She now spells her last name like *Patty*...which is actually the correct way to spell it.

According to Sandi, when she recorded her first album back in the early 80's, the record company made a mistake on every album cover, and spelled her name, Sandi Patti. So she just left it like that, and each time she came out with a new album, it was printed just that way. But in the mid 90's, she finally decided to change it to the correct spelling that she originally wanted.

If I'm correct, the spelling to her last name in the credits to *Believe* is spelled the old way. Apparently, Disney didn't know of the change, LOL!:D

Thanks~
Patrick

PS This information is coming to you from a true Sandi Patty fan!!
And if you haven't heard her regular music, pick up a CD, you'll be blown away by her singing capability. No one can hit a high *C* like she can!:p

RStar
01-13-2003, 09:20 AM
I've always like Sandy as well, and didn't even know that was her in the Belive show! Thanks for letting me know!