PDA

View Full Version : Bad Case of Eisner-itis

Gemini Cricket
07-16-2001, 10:05 AM
I have to make a confession.
While watching over my SimTheme Park the other day, I found myself consumed with Eisner-itis. I found that by compromising the park's happiness I could make tons more money. I sky-rocketed the prices of the gift shops, drink shops and burger joints. Then I made the rides shorter in length and less advanced so that the visitors would spend more time walking around and buying stuff and less time on rides. I also got rid of unpopular rides, regardless of age because they weren't cost-effective to have around. I found that since I had noone to answer to, the adjustments were easy.
Spending time in his shoes for a little while made it clear why it is so easy for Mike to mess up Disneyland. Eisner needs to answer to somebody. Maybe Disneyland needs a new unbiased Board of Directors.

Napsto
07-16-2001, 02:47 PM
that would be a decent idea, but then eisner will pick them and the ywill just be yesmen

PirateoftheCaribbean
07-16-2001, 04:41 PM
Ha Ha Ha Ha. Until I read the second paragraph, I thought you were saying it was a good idea. Thank goodness.:o

Doodle Duck
07-16-2001, 05:03 PM
Most interesting post...and if you did it compltely the OPPOSITE way you would have it the way Walt did it.
THAT is VERY very telling.
I'm so far to right on this clown that as to an entity to answer to...I'd be satisfied with no less than a Grand Jury. :D
Thanks Doc. Good stuff.