PDA

View Full Version : How much are they charging for the birthday Tour Maps?

mcampisi
07-16-2001, 07:50 AM
Just want to plan out costs for Tuesday! Thanks!

Castmbrdlx
07-16-2001, 08:15 AM
If you are talking about the 46 anniversay pin map, They are 9.95 and you can buy 7 limited edition pins at 10.50 ea. When you get all 5 stamps throughout the park you get a 46th anniversay pin and if you are a annual passholder you get a special pin as well. I did it yesterday and I thought It was kind of pricey...

Tony
07-16-2001, 08:17 AM
The maps are $10 each. That gets you the map, the pin, and if you are an annual passholder, a second pin. The additional attraction pins are $10.50 each.

Tony

cstephens
07-16-2001, 09:08 AM
My husband and I did the "sailing tour" yesterday, and cumulatively, yes it can be expensive depending on what extras you buy, but I think it's totally worth it. The attraction pins are gorgeous, and the special AP pin is incredible.

mcampisi
07-16-2001, 09:10 AM
Any clues as to what the AP pin looks like?

cstephens
07-16-2001, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by mcampisi
Any clues as to what the AP pin looks like?

The pin you get as an AP is a pin of the old "we're imagineering another attraction" sign with Sorceror Mickey. *Very* cool.

Dreamstaker
07-16-2001, 05:36 PM
Yes, and wasn't it interesting where they have that pin at. A little hint for us?

CTB21
07-16-2001, 07:26 PM
Disneyland has a serious problem with this map promotion.
We saw several low down e-bay pin people that found that do to the film Disney has put on the maps that after they got the map stamped and got the AP pin and redeemed the map for the 46th anniversery pin that they could rub the ink off the map and go and get the pins all over again . Here is one Example:
We were in Disneyana and this woman gets her pin turns around to one of the glass cases and starts rubbing the redeemed stamp and submarine stamp off the map, four feet from the CM who just stamped it, she heads over to the submarine lagoon gets it stamped again and gets the AP pin again ,then goes to the Disneyshowcase and gets the 46th anniversery pin again and wipes the ink off again then does the same thing all over.For $9.95 this person could have walked away from Disneyland with at least eight pins and a map and that's if she stopped after a certain point ,as far as I know she might be there every day this month.:mad: :mad: :mad:

DisneylandKid
07-16-2001, 08:13 PM
I would like someone else to tell me that it is well worth $10.75 to buy the map. (I would get the regular pin, and the AP pin) When does the promo end?

cstephens
07-16-2001, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Dreamstaker
Yes, and wasn't it interesting where they have that pin at. A little hint for us?

Yeah, that was pretty interesting, though the cynic in me figures they did it just to taunt us. My husband figured out where the pin would be once we were told it was at one of the stamping locations, since that place made the most sense, given the choices.

The only bad thing was that some people got in line right behind us, thinking it was the line for the attraction. The CM had to tell them that the attraction was not operating.

Originally posted by CTB21
Disneyland has a serious problem with this map promotion. We saw several low down e-bay pin people that found that do to the film Disney has put on the maps that after they got the map stamped and got the AP pin and redeemed the map for the 46th anniversery pin that they could rub the ink off the map and go and get the pins all over again

Yeah, I was wondering about that. The glossy paper was very pretty, but it didn't take the stamp very well.

It's a shame that people feel the need to abuse the system, but unfortunately, some people are like that.

Originally posted by DisneylandKid
I would like someone else to tell me that it is well worth $10.75 to buy the map. (I would get the regular pin, and the AP pin) When does the promo end?

Well, no one is going to be able to tell you whether or not it's worth it for you. For some people, it wouldn't be. For me, it's well worth it.

The regular promotion runs through July 29 (or until supplies run out). The free extra AP pin promotion runs through July 22 (or until supplies run out).

Napsto
07-16-2001, 09:57 PM
i wonder if they are really imageneering a new water ride.

PhilMP
07-17-2001, 01:42 AM
I was talking to a CM at the map-stamping location today doing my wagon stocking rounds and she said that the picture frame-like thing that you could mount all the pins on was 60 bucks.

Let's see, 9.95 for the map, 10.75 for 7 pins, plus 60 dollars for the frame. That makes it 134.50 dollars, or about 144.59 plus tax.

I think I'll just take my CM-only pin that they'll give us. Must be really hardcore traders to spend the money on all these pins.

Phil

cstephens
07-17-2001, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by PhilMP
I was talking to a CM at the map-stamping location today doing my wagon stocking rounds and she said that the picture frame-like thing that you could mount all the pins on was 60 bucks.

Let's see, 9.95 for the map, 10.75 for 7 pins, plus 60 dollars for the frame. That makes it 134.50 dollars, or about 144.59 plus tax.

I think I'll just take my CM-only pin that they'll give us. Must be really hardcore traders to spend the money on all these pins.

Phil

So have the pins framed yourself. Especially with the backdrop they give you, it's not all that hard, and it won't cost you $60.

I'm not a hardcore trader or really very much of a trader at all. I just think the pins were gorgeous, and they make a great addition to our Disney-related collection. Not everyone buys pins for the sole purpose of trading or re-selling. Some of us actually buy them because we like them.

Lani
07-17-2001, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
I'm not a hardcore trader or really very much of a trader at all. I just think the pins were gorgeous, and they make a great addition to our Disney-related collection. Not everyone buys pins for the sole purpose of trading or re-selling. Some of us actually buy them because we like them. At one point I started buying those Disney Mini Bean Bags, but my hubby slapped that thought down REAL fast with a restriction: "I must only buy beanies that are specific to Disneyland park, only." So all those Feng Shui Winnies are out, of course. ;)

That said, don't forget that the trading/re-selling market is one of the reasons that Disney probably MAKES so durned much of those pin thingies. If people only bought a few pins here and there, there wouldn't be nearly as big a market, and we wouldn't get to see as much variety, yah?

Lani's Disney park beanie collection:

- Abominable Snowman (my first)
- The BLUE Hitchhiking Ghosts (I always thought they were green...)
- Country Bears
- Indiana Jones Mickey
- Scuba Mickey (from WDW)

[...and a few others I've hidden from hubby. Shhhh!]

Gandalf
07-21-2001, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by CTB21
Disneyland has a serious problem with this map promotion.
We saw several low down e-bay pin people that found that do to the film Disney has put on the maps that after they got the map stamped and got the AP pin and redeemed the map for the 46th anniversery pin that they could rub the ink off the map and go and get the pins all over again . Here is one Example:
We were in Disneyana and this woman gets her pin turns around to one of the glass cases and starts rubbing the redeemed stamp and submarine stamp off the map, four feet from the CM who just stamped it, she heads over to the submarine lagoon gets it stamped again and gets the AP pin again ,then goes to the Disneyshowcase and gets the 46th anniversery pin again and wipes the ink off again then does the same thing all over.For $9.95 this person could have walked away from Disneyland with at least eight pins and a map and that's if she stopped after a certain point ,as far as I know she might be there every day this month.:mad: :mad: :mad: What are "ebay pin people"? I wonder why the store personnel didn't speak with the woman. Disney might have liked to be made aware of the situation, that way they could adjust to possibly a unique hole-puncher.

zapppop
07-21-2001, 04:03 PM
Why would you pay for it ?

I went to Disneyland yesterday and got the map for free.

Then I went to the 5 areas and got the stamps, showed one of the CM's my annual passport to get an extra pin, then went to the gallery above Pirates and got the second pin.

I got 2 pins and I got to keep the map I used too for free, so why is anyone having to pay money ?

cstephens
07-21-2001, 10:05 PM
They're not free.

zapppop
07-21-2001, 11:03 PM
OKAY, IF THEY'RE NOT FREE, EXPLAIN WHY THE CAST MEMBERS WERE GIVING THEM TO THE DISNEYLAND GUESTS AT NO CHARGE ON FRIDAY.

I'M WAITNG......

Andrew
07-21-2001, 11:47 PM
Would you please not post in ALL CAPS, thank you.

Napsto
07-22-2001, 02:30 AM
you got to pay.

also, i have the abonimal snowman beanie too, i wanna get the ghosts though!