PDA

View Full Version : Disney Tickets on the cheap

mhrc4
01-09-2003, 09:11 AM
Sorry for the last minute nature of this thread, but some family friends just called and they are coming into town to use some disney tickets they got for christmas, and my parents really want to go, we havent seen them in over 12 years since we moved to California from Washington.

I am not really finding any place i can gt disney tickets cheap, like not $47 really. Times are tight, and so is money after the holidays, but my family really wants to go. I found out that my AP gets me no discounts, my fiancees sister is a CM and she can only get $5.50 off per ticket. Other than the so cal 2 parks for 1 deal, does anyone know of anything like AAA or somewhere I can get 4 tickets for a decent amount?

thanks for any input

mhrc4
01-09-2003, 09:25 AM
nevermind

cyberRoo
01-09-2003, 09:26 AM
It really depends on your memberships/affiliations. If you know someone who works for or attends a university, they can usually purchase discounted tickets, this is true for larger corporations as well.

The usual reference for discounts for all things Disney is mousesavers.com. The DL tickets page is here:
http://www.mousesavers.com/dltickets.html

good luck!

DisneyGuy03
01-09-2003, 10:38 AM
Also, if you or someone you know is in the military or is retired, they get excellent discounts and apparently they no longer have to be with you to use the tickets, I would bet that this policy is due to all the current mess, but well, it's an option.

AAA does give reall good discounts for their members, if you are a member go into your local office and ask, a lot of times they have stuf that's not advertised anywhere, including mousesavers.

And the So. Cal 2 day for the price of one thing is probably the cheapest if you are going for 2 days or want to go to both parks in one day.

But your faincee's sister doesn't have anymore sign-ins? If that is the case she if she had a friend that's a lead or in some other form of management that can sign the needed amount of people in, I believe they are limited to 6 per day, but have an unlimited number of sign-ins, at least management used to.

kranders
01-09-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by DisneyGuy03
Also, if you or someone you know is in the military or is retired, Since I work on an AF base for a gov't contractor, I have access to the military discount. They have a $38 rate for a 1 day, $70 for 2 day (or 1 day parkhopper).

If you have enough time to allow for snail mail and the exchange of money, PM me and I can pick some up for anyone.

mhrc4
01-11-2003, 06:52 AM
damn, were going tomorrow, wish i wouldve started looking earlier, thanks very much for the offer though.