PDA

View Full Version : smoking section

disneyscott
01-09-2003, 07:55 AM
With ROA closed where have they moved the smoking section that was accross from HM? or Did they just get rid of it?

Undertaker72
01-09-2003, 08:26 AM
It's still there. Right in front of a tarp like thing.

DisneyGuy03
01-09-2003, 08:55 AM
They shouldn't have it there, it's too close to the Mickey's Fry thing next door....but then again, not that many people eat there anyway, sorry,but if I want McDonald's I'll go accross the street. I personally think we shoudl just do away with smoking all together in the parks, but, hey, that's just me, I understand some do like to smoke, but they could pick some areas that are a bit more out of the way than they do for the smoking areas, well's here's hoping on that, no offense to any smoker on here, it's just that the smell really bothers me and I know that a lot of people come to the parks on oxygen and they can't be withing 100 feet or soemthing like that of someone who's smoking, for obvious reasons.

Darkbeer
01-09-2003, 08:57 AM
If you know where they had Handicapped seating for Fantasmic!, you know where the temporary smoking section is, the little area, which is right next to the main path (the waterfront path is now closed on the West end).

Fearless Mouse
01-11-2003, 09:18 PM
I must agree. I am a smoker and the places they picked for the smoking sections are not that great. i feel the one on the river of america is too close to the loading for tom sawyer island. The one on the big thunder trail they should stick back where the BBQ was. The one by the matterhorn should be moved also when the bobsleds open up again the line for it will be right there. It would be great if they could open one up on main street somewhere the ones they have are way to far apart from each other. Leaving the family to go have a smoke was a half an hour experiance on sat the 4th.

DisneyGuy03
01-11-2003, 09:33 PM
Fearless Mouse, while I don't like smoking in the least, I do thank you for taking the time to go and find a smoking area to smoke in, I think it's nice that you stop to think where the areas would be that would make it nicer for those of us that don't smoke. I am curious, but my guess is that you were one of those that would seek out an unpopulated area to smoke in before the current policy, is this true?

I wish we could just get everyone to stop smoking, I mean it's extremely bad for your health....I mean heck, Nicotine used to be used as a pesticide until the government deemed it "too dangerous for human beings to be breathing in" not sure about the exact wording, but it was something to that effect, but since we can't and nor would I want to try to force everyone, I would just like to see everyone stop of thier own will, but I seriously doubt that will ever happen, so we must try to find a way that we can get along, like I said, esp. at Disneyland there are many issues in regaurds to smoking and I do agree that the areas that have been picked are not good.....but we aren't running the park.

Fearless Mouse
01-11-2003, 09:40 PM
i always worry about others before i light up and i never smoke around my kids. when they are old enough they can make thier own decision im not going to make it for them. also there are not enogh benches in the smoking areas i was sitting on the rocks or railing most of the time i was there the 4 th through the 10 th so the 4 and 5 were real busy. anyone have the numbers for those days???