PDA

View Full Version : Oops, Disney needs to update its Marketing.....

Darkbeer
01-08-2003, 10:42 PM
I drove up to Rancho Santa Margarita today for work, and while driving up Interstate 5 (Northbound) near San Juan Capistrano, the long term Disney billboard was still claiming that it Snows Nightly at the Merriest Place on Earth. OK, send the crew down to replace the billboard with either Aladdin or the new SoCal Special.

After work, decided to run up to the DLR for a couple of hours and...

Even better, I got a Splash Mountain FastPass today (Wed Jan 08) and in the "advertising" space this is what is written...

For great viewing of Believe...In Holiday Magic Fireworks visit Rivers of America in Frontierland

Maybe they are real short fireworks that you can't see due to the fence;)

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
01-08-2003, 11:33 PM
It's only been a few days....

RStar
01-09-2003, 04:13 PM
Billboards only get covered with the new ad after it has been rented. If some one doesn't rent that particular one, then it could still ad Christmas in July:eek: !

I'm sure some one will rent it soon....

DisneyGuy03
01-09-2003, 07:38 PM
This reminds me of when I went about a month or so after the Country Bears closed and the Fastpasss said to go an watch them while I was waiting.....oops.

Disneyfreak
01-10-2003, 09:45 PM
Hey Darkbeer, LOL, I live in Rancho Santa Margarita. I go to Trabuco Hills High School in Mission Viejo.

Cool.
Where do you work?

DisneyFan25863
01-11-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by RStar
Billboards only get covered with the new ad after it has been rented. If some one doesn't rent that particular one, then it could still ad Christmas in July:eek: !

I'm sure some one will rent it soon....

Disney owns that bilboard, they don't rent it.

DisneyGuy03
01-11-2003, 09:21 PM
This is very true, if you ever notice that the Billboards that advertise for Disneyland, never advertise anything else, but generally the Billboards take about a month or so for them to update for some reason.