PDA

View Full Version : What the hooey is a CityPass?

MonorailMan
01-08-2003, 08:29 PM
I was looking at the MP DLR update and saw this:
http://images.mouseplanet.com/mp/esplanade/PriceIncrease1-6-03-AVP.jpg

What's a "CityPass"!? I've never heard of one!

MammaSilva
01-08-2003, 08:35 PM
I looked at the article earlier and didn't look that closely at the pic but you're right what the heck is a CITYPASS?????? something new they are going to spring on us? like a length of stay pass? maybe one of the Staff can shed some light on it?

experiment626
01-08-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by mammasilva
what the heck is a CITYPASS?????? something new they are going to spring on us? like a length of stay pass?
Length of stay? and what would that include that the current hoppers doesn't??

cyberRoo
01-08-2003, 08:59 PM
http://citypass.net/cgi-bin/citypass

A CityPass is a collection of tickets to various attractions in a city/area sold as a group at a discount. The company was actually made by some guy in Wyoming, and Southern California is just the latest in their list of destinations. The tickets are discounted, but they all have to be used within 14 days of the first use (or purchase, I'm not positive). Attractions participate under the assumption that most people won't have time or interest to use all of the tickets in the pass. (they get extra money for selling the pass, or about half of the face value of their ticket if it's redeemed at their location - ok, that was way more information than anyone needs...)

Basically, it's a program that Disneyland has chosen to participate in - not a new Disneyland ticket per se. It's a great option *if* you'll be able to visit all or most of the attractions within the timeframe.

The SoCal pass includes a 3-day DLR hopper plus one day at Knott's, SeaWorld and the SDZoo for $166/adult.

GoofyDad
01-08-2003, 11:49 PM
They have them in Chicago. I was there with my family last year and we bought CityPasses that included the Art Institute, Field Museum of Natural History, Shedd Aquarium, Planetarium and the Museum of Science and Industry.

They're a great deal for out-of-towners!

Cadaverous Pallor
01-09-2003, 10:40 AM
What a great tip! If I ever visit any of the cities listed on the site, I'll totally take advantage of this!

MammaSilva
01-09-2003, 03:16 PM
wow thanks for the link CybeRoo ~ I have friends coming to the area this spring, that link will save me tons :)