PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim Angels

Maleficent0
07-15-2001, 08:39 PM
Okay, off topic, *but*...

has anyone been to a Angels game lately? I was floored when I got into the concessions line and waited a full 30 minutes just to get a hot dog and beverage. They were obviously running less concession stands than they could have, because I passed two that were entirely closed.

I can't help but draw the parallel to my horrendous experiences with DCA food services. Horrendously long waits as of late, and once you get your food, find a place to sit is impossible. Yeah, I realize that the DCA numbers have expoloded (relatively) at of late, but I'm still making the comparison.

Yet, I rarely have this probelm at Disneyland. Any comments?

m.

Napsto
07-15-2001, 11:39 PM
this is a disneyland topic.

USofA
07-16-2001, 09:17 AM
And Walt Disney Attractions is managing Edison Field, as I understand it, so it is Disney related, as is the comparison to DCA.

EandCDad
07-16-2001, 01:46 PM
I haven't been to the Big A since before Disney bought the team, but if it is like most stadiums, the Stadium owner probably contracts out the concessions to an outside company. I'm not 100% sure if Disney owns the stadium and the team or just the team. If they only own the team, then the Stadium is probably leased and the owner (the city?) is responsible for the contract and the quality of service. Unless USofA is right and WDA has a management contract, then all bets are off.

If you really have problems, ask to see a supervisor, explain your concerns. Find out who the company is that runs the concession (it is probably not Disney), and send in your complaints.

This seems to be unrealted to any DCA problems.

Napsto
07-22-2001, 03:12 AM
it's ashame the angels haven't been good lately. they need to pick it up.

Maleficent0
07-22-2001, 07:58 AM
They're playing 500 ball, which certainly isn't bad. The problem is the Seattle Mariners are completely unstoppable.

Napsto
07-22-2001, 09:30 AM
i am glad the dodgers are closer to first tha the angels.