PDA

View Full Version : Went to Costco today and saw the AP deal is back...

Pages : [1] 2

ryanvalle
07-03-2009, 08:41 PM
A few months back, there was the Deluxe AP + $50 gift card deal that we saw at costco. A visit today informed me that it's back for the same price. Activation of the AP needs to happen by 10/31/2009.

fairestoneofall
07-04-2009, 07:10 AM
Yes, it is. But, it never really 'went away'....it origianlly ended 5/31 and they extended....GOOD DEAL!! I'll be making my purchase next month. Can't believe it's almost time to renew already.

SillyOldBear
07-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Does the Deluxe AP at Costco sell for the same price as it does at the park? My AP ends early Oct. If I renew before it expires I save a certain percentage right? I guess the savings wouldn't apply if I renewed at Costco. Is that correct?

MammaSilva
07-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Does the Deluxe AP at Costco sell for the same price as it does at the park? My AP ends early Oct. If I renew before it expires I save a certain percentage right? I guess the savings wouldn't apply if I renewed at Costco. Is that correct?

The advantage of renewing before your pass expires, you save $20.00 and can order the limited to renewal graphics on your pass.

Advantage of the Costco AP...it doesn't act as a renewal so no $20.00 savings, but as a new pass you get an additional $50.00 gift card. You make a $30.00 gain by doing the Costco deal over renewing the current pass. If you're a collector and those "only available by renewing" pass graphics are important then you may not want to do the Costco deal. For me, $30 is $30...we've done the Costco deal on both of our passes.

MacBaby
07-05-2009, 08:06 PM
Is the $50 gift card for Disney or Costco?

MammaSilva
07-05-2009, 08:13 PM
The $50 dollar gift card is a Disney gift card. I used ours towards upgrading the Deluxe to a premium.

Tinkmom
07-06-2009, 07:46 AM
Is the costco deal only for So cal residents?

Malcon10t
07-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Is the costco deal only for So cal residents?No, it is available for everyone, BUT it is only available from Fresno south. So, you need to stop to get it, as it won't be available in the northern Costcos.

Tinkmom
07-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the info! I'm thinking thats actually a good idea.

fairestoneofall
07-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the info! I'm thinking thats actually a good idea.

It's a great thing. Especially if you were already planning on AP's and you have to buy them for the whole family. Just think....a family of 4 can get $200 in Disney gift cards. That can go quite a ways for food and snacks.

SoCalSteven
07-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Does anyone know if you can upgrade the Costco passes to Premium? If so, can you use the $50 gift card towards the upgrade?

DisneylandDad
07-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Yes, that is what we did. I would assume that has not changed. The $50 card could also be used toward parking if we had only wanted parking instead of the premium AP.

the S factor
07-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Hi !
I had to delay renewal last year due to financial constraints. My pass expired on November 11 and I had to wait until November 19 to get a new pass. I bought the Deluxe at Costco, used the card to upgrade to Premium and it all worked out. You can use the gift card to upgrade with no problem, as a matter of fact, the CM at the window suggested it. That was already the plan, but the CM didn't know that.
The worst part was I couldn't go to the park for 8 days! It sounds weird but when I couln't go , I wanted to sooooo bad! And we are only 30 minutes away, so quick little trips are common.
BTW we were at the park last night and the fireworks were wonderful...

jenvaz
07-08-2009, 08:11 AM
i'm just curious, how do you know that they are only offered from Fresno south? I live in northern ca and would love to get these passes.

MammaSilva
07-08-2009, 08:13 AM
A lot of padders are in Northern California and many of us tried finding them in our local Costcos with no success...several made multiple calls to find that the Costcos near the Fresno area were the closest to carry them and that most of the Costcos actually down in So Cal had them in stock. The deal isn't restricted to any zip code, but the stores that carry them seem to be in that area only, they don't offer them online either.

kohl
07-08-2009, 08:16 AM
i'm just curious, how do you know that they are only offered from Fresno south? I live in northern ca and would love to get these passes.

We live in Northern, ca and since we couldn't find any around here, we found out which Coscto had them and stopped on our way and picked them up. Then drove to the park and activated them!

AVP
07-08-2009, 09:21 AM
There is a strong rumor that Disneyland tickets and APs will go up on August 2nd, so those who want to use the Costco deal should get them before they price increase.

AVP

Malcon10t
07-08-2009, 06:33 PM
We are in Modesto. I called each Costco going south on 99 until Fresno, where we found them. At one point, for a very short period of time, like only a couple days, you could order them from Costco.com.

ryanvalle
07-08-2009, 06:42 PM
There is a strong rumor that Disneyland tickets and APs will go up on August 2nd, so those who want to use the Costco deal should get them before they price increase.

AVP

Thanks for this warning...

I may pick up a ticket from Costco on my next visit since i have till the 31st of october to renew...

But there's a plus side to this: my birthday falls after the rumored price increase so with an AP, going on my birthday means I get a fun card worth more than $69 since fun cards are based on a 1 day/1 park ticket price :)

Now..back to topic :)

Sleeping Beauty's mom
07-08-2009, 09:46 PM
last week we saw these available at the Costco on Harbor, if anyone was interested. :)

K & S
07-09-2009, 06:31 AM

AVP

I won't be surprised to see the APs go up a little more than in past years, primarily due to the financing offer.

dlfanshl
07-09-2009, 06:47 PM
I live in Fresno and purchased mine at the North Blackstone location last Friday. I would happily check the West Shaw location one mile from Highway 99 for the Northern Californian prior to your trip. This would save you a stop in Fresno. We also have a beach house on the Central Coast and they were available at the San Luis Obispo Costco over the 4th of July. For those of you who are unfamiliar with that location it is at the junction of Highway 1 and 101. Let me know if I can help....

Shelley : )

ssmatik
07-10-2009, 08:40 AM
I have a plan that I want to clarify will work. I will be in the Ventura area on 7/18 and plan to go to a Costco to buy one deluxe season pass. I plan to go to the park in September for a weekend that isn't blocked out. I plan to process the season pass and get the gift card. I am then going to exchange my military friends voucher for a park hopper and then upgrade that to a season pass using the gift card and about $119 cash plus whatever they raise the rate before September.
Does anyone see a problem with this plan?

Also, can I just do this whole transaction at the CS window or do I have to go through the CS->Ticketbooth->CS thing?

DisneylandDad
07-10-2009, 08:49 AM
I plan to process the season pass and get the gift card. I am then going to exchange my military friends voucher for a park hopper and then upgrade that to a season pass using the gift card and about $119 cash plus whatever they raise the rate before September.
Does anyone see a problem with this plan?

I may be wrong but, if you are talking about a military free ticket then I do not think you can upgrade them as they started out free so they have no actual value.
If it is a companion ticket that cost 89 or 99 bucks then I think your plan would be okay. The $50 gift card can for sure be used for ticket media purchases unless they have changed something in the last 60 days or so from when we did it.

ssmatik
07-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Yes this is a $99 companion ticket that we were unable to use earlier this year.