PDA

View Full Version : The river bottom

Ghoulish Delight
01-08-2003, 10:15 AM
It's happened. The Rivers of America are drained, and Miceage (http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al010803a.htm) has photos.

One thing I notice immediately is that while they have fenced it off, it's kind of a picket fence, so it looks pretty easy to get glimpses through (you can see people peaking through in the pictures), which is nice. And it's short enough to leave unobstructed views from the Gallery. Bad news for the "keep the construction hidden and preserve the magic" purists. Good news for those of us who like to see behind the scenes type stuff.

Oh yes. And this has left me with one more question. Where will the ducks go? And we're coming up on mating season. Has the castle moat been over run yet?

DisneyFan25863
01-08-2003, 11:32 AM
The ducks will be fine. They will probably disperse over the resort, into Jungle Cruise and such. I'm more worried that construction crews will break the gas lines for Fantasmic. Now THAT would be a promblem:~) :eek: ;)

Not Afraid
01-08-2003, 11:39 AM
I sure hope they find that poor lady's 1 karat diamond ring at the bottom.

DisneyFan25863
01-08-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
I sure hope they find that poor lady's 1 karat diamond ring at the bottom.

:confused: :confused: Not familier with that......But if there was a ring down there, it would be gone by now. It would have been sucked into the DLR pumping system and been thrown into the filter, then thrown out. :(

DisneyGuy03
01-08-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
:confused: :confused: Not familier with that......But if there was a ring down there, it would be gone by now. It would have been sucked into the DLR pumping system and been thrown into the filter, then thrown out. :(
I was there the day that this happened, at least if it's the same incident, I don't know how large this lady's ring was, but here's what happened:
The Mark Twain was docked, taking on passengers, the ladies ring slipped off her finger, I would assume she recently lost a bit of weight or there wa some other reason the ring was loose, the Mark Twain remained at dock for quite some time, they were looking to find the ring and never did, she was at te edge of the baot nearest the dock when it happened, so it's quite possible that the ring slipped between the boat and the dock, I would imagine that there's some potential for the ring to go down into an area that the pump would not have pumped the ring out of the river, also looking at the pics I would imagine that like in a real river the ring could have gotten caught on something and just stuck there. So, it is indeed possible, greanted, highly unlikely, but I'd like to be an optomist on his and say that if they haven't already found the ring (Which I am sure that there is a good chance that this happened as well) that they will do so while the river is drained.

Nancy
01-08-2003, 05:42 PM
It would be so cool if they fixed the gas lines to the burning house while the river was drained and the island is in referb anyway!! They probably don't want to pay the gas prices tho.:)

DisneyFan25863
01-08-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Nancy
It would be so cool if they fixed the gas lines to the burning house while the river was drained and the island is in referb anyway!! They probably don't want to pay the gas prices tho.:)

The gas lines work fine, it's just that The boats would say "Looky there, a house being burned by the Indians" or somthing like that, and then Disney got sued by a Native American Assocition (not sure of the name) for racial segration or somthing, so they turned off the house to be PC.

Disneyfreak
01-08-2003, 06:15 PM
Couldnt they just edit that and make some phony story up.

tabacco
01-08-2003, 06:32 PM
They haven't used the "indians" story since the "unfriendly indian village" on the island was removed. It went through a stage at one point where the settler's still had exploded, then , most recently was just burning with no explanation needed. Complaints of PC-ness had no part in the decision to turn it off.

MonorailMan
01-08-2003, 06:39 PM
NOTE: The current maps still show it burning. :)

experiment626
01-08-2003, 08:44 PM
The last time we went on the MT I thought it said loks like "fill in the correct name here" is having a house warming party...