PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland independence celebration fireworks

Pages : [1] 2

cstephens
07-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Just saw the show and waiting out the crowds. The show was a.mazing. Not the same show as in previous years. Some new effects that were terrific. And one part reminded us of Rod Miller. It's very Main Street-centric because of castle effects. Our normal spots from Small World would have been a limited view. Definitely recommend the show.

THpoohbear
07-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Thank you so much for the report! I logged on just to see if there were any fireworks reports. How crazy was the crowd? How long did people wait for Main Street/Hub spots?

We're attempting to view the show tomorrow. Can't wait!

cstephens
07-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Thank you so much for the report! I logged on just to see if there were any fireworks reports. How crazy was the crowd? How long did people wait for Main Street/Hub spots?

It was full by the time the show started, but it wasn't that bad beforehand. We like the section on Main Street just in front of Coke Corner, and we got there about 8:40 and we were in the front row.

DisneyFunFamily4
07-03-2009, 12:02 AM
we watched from small world, but if I had known you were at coke corner we would have crashed your party!! j/k..... the view at small world was pretty good, and we liked the show. I would have preferred to see it in front of the castle but we dont have the patience for that most of the time. DL was definitely more crowded than last night, but it wasn't' too bad, and there was hardly anyone back at small world watching the fireworks. It was a good show, I'd go see it again if I wasn't blocked out all weekend......

TikiGeek
07-03-2009, 06:44 AM
And one part reminded us of Rod Miller. Music? Fireworks? What did they do? Glad to hear that other people still remember Rod. :)

Darkbeer
07-03-2009, 06:58 AM
Note, the show that was offered Yesterday, Tonight and Sunday are different than the July 4th show.

The Saturday show is longer and will have more unique fireworks (and much more Red, White and Blue).

Here is a link to a YouTube video of Thursday's performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Zaqzs6Fuo

cstephens
07-03-2009, 08:09 AM
Music? Fireworks? What did they do? Glad to hear that other people still remember Rod. :)

It's a little hard to describe, and I seriously doubt they meant for it to be a reminder of Rod. I'm not sure it's even a natural reminder. I'm just weird. :) There's just one particular effect that they used during a song that totally made me think of Rod. I don't want to spoil the show for others, even in spoilers, so I'll try to remember to come back after Sunday and post about it.

Oh, and it turns out I'm going back tonight to see the fireworks, probably from Main Street again. On Saturday, we may end up at Small World just because of the crowds.

olegc
07-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Oh, and it turns out I'm going back tonight to see the fireworks, probably from Main Street again. On Saturday, we may end up at Small World just because of the crowds.

looking forward to reports on the reported differences...

Karin
07-03-2009, 09:40 PM
From the top of the parking structure tonite it sure looked a lot like "Wishes" to us...

dlfansx4
07-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Note, the show that was offered Yesterday, Tonight and Sunday are different than the July 4th show.

The Saturday show is longer and will have more unique fireworks (and much more Red, White and Blue).

Here is a link to a YouTube video of Thursday's performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Zaqzs6Fuo

I was wondering if the show tomorrow would be different because last night's show seemed very short. We watched the parade at California Adventure and then used the back route (by Soarin) to beat the crowds over to Disneyland. We walked right in and up to the train station (since we were not really intending to watch the fireworks) but we just missed the train so we stayed in the station. We ended up watching the fireworks from the door to Main Street station with one of the conductors. It was between trains and he didn't tell us to move so we just stood there with a perfect view of the castle and fireworks.

Bytebear
07-04-2009, 06:56 AM
The show was a lot of fun. I caught it last night. It wasn't like the typical Disney shows in that there were no lulls in the rockets. It was blast after blast after blast, both from the sky, and a massive amount of shots from the castle. If you like all those behind the castle rockets, you will love this show. They just kept coming. And yes, there were some remnant from the Wishes show, but I thought that was nice, especially seeing the big spider from the Haunted Mansion sequence. I found them kind of cute and a reminder of that parade, so I was perfectly happy with it. The music was great. All classic patriotic songs like "You're a Grand Old Flag." Loved it.

fairestoneofall
07-04-2009, 07:09 AM
Saw it last night from Main Street. It was a really good show. Glad I was able to keep the kiddo out that late without a meltdown.

cstephens
07-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Great show tonight. There were a couple of extra segments, and the ending was different. Rod reminder wasn't there but alternate was spectacular. Some other shells rearranged and some new shells. We ended up seeing the show from Main Street again. Parks weren't busy at all today but it got crowded at night closer to fireworks. A lot of fun today.

cstephens
07-05-2009, 12:42 AM
Music? Fireworks? What did they do? Glad to hear that other people still remember Rod. :)

Oddly enough, as we were leaving tonight around 12:30am, we ran into Rod on Main Street and chatted with him for a few minutes.

TowerofTerror
07-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Did the park yesterday ever get to capacity?

cstephens
07-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Did the park yesterday ever get to capacity?

I doubt it. It was actually quite uncrowded throughout most of the day. It got more crowded later in the evening as people came to wait for the fireworks, but it was definitely a lighter day than recent years, even though this year was on a Saturday.

olegc
07-05-2009, 06:59 PM
it could be that spreading out the show to 4 days (even though the non-4th days had an older rehashed show) may have diminished the crowds for one day. Now if only New Year's Eve could be stretched out :D

cstephens
07-05-2009, 07:27 PM
(even though the non-4th days had an older rehashed show)

I would seriously disagree with that statement.

olegc
07-05-2009, 08:38 PM
I would seriously disagree with that statement.

the audio is definitely a redo from last year - at least last year from WDW (I have the online replay from last year- same tracks). I think some of the shells were similar to regular shows - am I not correct? lots of other colors besides RWB.

I wanted to know how different the fourth show was from 2,3 and 5.

cynthia312
07-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Great video! Thank you for posting!

DisneyDaniel
07-06-2009, 02:36 AM
Here is a link to my video of "Disney's Celebrate America!" fireworks, recorded from the center of the Hub, right in between the Partners statue and Sleeping Beauty Castle. Enjoy!

ZJC7kKo0yhM

Darkbeer
07-06-2009, 06:40 AM
THANK YOU for the Video Daniel!

As for attendance, it was around 45,000 in late afternoon (out of an expected 75,000) on the 4th, and yes, it did get busier in the evening, but not as bad as was expected.

K & S
07-06-2009, 08:25 AM
We were pleasantly surprised at the light crowd yesterday...shocked in fact. The fireworks show was wonderful.

:)

Hannahbelle
07-06-2009, 12:27 PM
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones to not see the park "crowded". I was in the Main Street/ Hub area between the ride time sign and the entrance to Adventure land and thought the crowd was "thick" (IMO) I felt like a sardine! We staked out a bench and a spot at 6 pm and were met with some pretty rude people, but the good ones made up for the bad.....I will explain more later in my trip report. I wasn't gonna let anyone rain on my fireworks though! I thought the crowds in the early part of the day were light but after the fireworks, the line for Space Mountain was 65 minutes and the line for Autopia was 60 minutes at 10 o'clock at night. Other areas of the park may have been better but with the added 11:30 pm of Fantasmic we weren't even going to attempt to head back over to NOS or Fronteirland.

TowerofTerror
07-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Look to me the park wasn't as crowded as everyone thought it was gone for the 4th of july