PDA

View Full Version : Bring Us WRE in the 3rd Park

Mr D
07-15-2001, 07:36 PM
Thats what we need, an updated WRE (Western Rivers Expedition) in the third theme park. make use of the gold discovery and history that made California. The article is here on MP, though its very long it makes excellent reading. And please DisCo, do not put in any rollercoasters or anything that resembles the other "carnival" rides.

DisneylandKid
07-16-2001, 12:49 PM
Find room in D.C.A. and built it there!

PirateoftheCaribbean
07-16-2001, 04:51 PM
I agree. Put it in DCA. Why make another Cal-themed park? They can find another theme.

SimpTwister
07-17-2001, 12:41 PM
I would love to see WRE built anywhere, but in Third Theme Park we really run into overlapping themeing between the parks.

DL already has Frontierland, and DCA has Grizzly Peak, which has a Gold Rush 'history'.

TTP should have themes unlike any currently at the DL Resort (if that's possible).

Unfortunately, Frontierland has no room for a major attraction (and the other side of thepark needs more help anyway).

Maybe they could work WRE into DCA in a new themed area in Timon (though I get the feeling Timon will eventually be used mainly for Hollywood).

Napsto
07-22-2001, 03:11 AM
what is it?

Mr D
07-22-2001, 04:31 AM
I think it was a7 part article here on MP, basically it was a massive ride in a mountain, take time to read it and then decide if you think it would be a good idea for a third park.

Napsto
07-22-2001, 09:24 AM
who wrote the article?

Gauchograd99
07-23-2001, 08:32 PM
There is PLENTY of space in Frontierland.. the ranch area is a nice start since they are not using it for anything. If nothing else... it is a good start as there are a couple structures they might be able to use for housing a que or perhaps just use the wood... wood these days is non-existent for Disney (just like GOOD attractions).

DisneylandKid
07-23-2001, 08:34 PM
I agree!

SimpTwister
07-23-2001, 11:27 PM
Oh, right (duh)... forgot about the Ranch.

Yeah, Western River Expedition in the Ranch area! That would be sweet...

Napsto
07-24-2001, 12:36 AM
something fun in teh ranc area yah!

80S ERA
07-24-2001, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Napsto
who wrote the article?

It was written by Jim Hill. He doesn't write for MP anymore. He now writes for Laughingplace.com and the Orlando Sentinel.

80S ERA
07-24-2001, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Gauchograd99
There is PLENTY of space in Frontierland.. the ranch area is a nice start since they are not using it for anything. If nothing else... it is a good start as there are a couple structures they might be able to use for housing a que or perhaps just use the wood... wood these days is non-existent for Disney (just like GOOD attractions). Unfortunately, Disneyland rents this space for companies willing to spend an arm and a leg for their company picnics. I guess somebody in management figured that this made more sense financially.....so they decided to expand this festival area into the former Big Thunder BBQ (RIP!) area. I hope this area doesn't grow any larger.

Sad, huh. Why don't they just rent out the whole darn park?:confused:

Mr D
07-24-2001, 07:29 PM
My boo boo, thats right it was written by Jim Hill, I should have saved it as it was an extremely well written series about the concepts and hard work that went into Western Rivers Expedition (WRE) does MP still have it in the archives?

Thomas
07-24-2001, 09:25 PM
I remember when they used to rent out the park in the 70's.

As a kid, my mom worked for California Federal Bank. Once a year, her company rented out the park and it was opened only to employees, family, and friends with special tickets. The park was open from like 9pm-4am. It was great. No lines and no crowds. I also remember General Motors doing it also because I would attend with a friend.