PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Reliable and frequent Disneyland visitor for trades

StarTourist
06-30-2009, 04:14 PM
Hey howdy hey!

What I'm looking for is a friendly, reliable, and willing person to help me out.

Beginning this year, Disneyland started it's own Piece of Disney History pin collection. Now, I have all of Walt Disney World's Piece of Disney History pins, and I want to continue the collection. However, these pins, which sell out rather quickly at about fifteen dollars after tax, go for upwards of forty to fifty dollars a piece on the dreaded eBay. It's killing me to spend that kind of money every month, simply because I live absolutely nowhere near Disneyland to go and buy them myself. Otherwise, I would.

So, what I need here is someone who could possibly be my Disneyland "go-to guy/gal". These pins are released once a month, and sell out of the edition size of 1,000 on the same day of release(from what I've seen anyway)

I'd be willing to trade for, pay for, or some combination of the two to get a hold of these pins. Keep in mind that one has to pay to enter Disneyland to even buy these, so I'd think what I need here is an Anaheim local who's willing to help out.

Thanks in advance!
...The StarTourist

fairestoneofall
06-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Hey howdy hey!

What I'm looking for is a friendly, reliable, and willing person to help me out.

Beginning this year, Disneyland started it's own Piece of Disney History pin collection. Now, I have all of Walt Disney World's Piece of Disney History pins, and I want to continue the collection. However, these pins, which sell out rather quickly at about fifteen dollars after tax, go for upwards of forty to fifty dollars a piece on the dreaded eBay. It's killing me to spend that kind of money every month, simply because I live absolutely nowhere near Disneyland to go and buy them myself. Otherwise, I would.

So, what I need here is someone who could possibly be my Disneyland "go-to guy/gal". These pins are released once a month, and sell out of the edition size of 1,000 on the same day of release(from what I've seen anyway)

I'd be willing to trade for, pay for, or some combination of the two to get a hold of these pins. Keep in mind that one has to pay to enter Disneyland to even buy these, so I'd think what I need here is an Anaheim local who's willing to help out.

Thanks in advance!
...The StarTourist

Hey, Howdy, Hey.....that's my line...LOL!!
What are you looking for specifically? I'll be there Friday evening, is there something you would like me to look for? I go 2 to 4 times a month. I'm happy to help you out, but I don't live in Anaheim.

AVP
06-30-2009, 10:05 PM
According to people who collect this series, the line to get the new release starts forming earlier and earlier each month - I think they said they were there at 6:00 a.m. last time for a 9:30 a.m. release?

I understand not wanting to pay secondary market prices, but when you're asking someone to get up at oh-dark-hundred, drive to Disneyland and then stand in line for three hours to get a pin... well, what's YOUR time worth?

AVP

fairestoneofall
07-01-2009, 04:54 AM
According to people who collect this series, the line to get the new release starts forming earlier and earlier each month - I think they said they were there at 6:00 a.m. last time for a 9:30 a.m. release?

I understand not wanting to pay secondary market prices, but when you're asking someone to get up at oh-dark-hundred, drive to Disneyland and then stand in line for three hours to get a pin... well, what's YOUR time worth?

AVP

Oh dear....Sorry, I WON'T be doing that.

DizneyMommy
07-01-2009, 06:35 AM
While I'm always happy to help out a fellow Disney lover, there is a big difference between picking something up "while I'm there" and standing in line on a specific day for 3 hours prior to park opening. The latter requires one to make specific plans in their schedule to accommodate the day and time, and I know at least my 2 little kids would NOT stand in line for 3 hours so I'd have to get childcare for them.

If $40 on Ebay is "killing" you, then you are not likely to find someone to go to all of this effort to get a pin for a price you a happy with. Sorry to be a buzzkill

StarTourist
07-01-2009, 06:50 AM

AVP

Hey, it's worth a shot, y'know? My thinking is that maybe someone hereabouts is already one of those "crazies"(I jest) who's already planning on standing in the line anyway. I don't really expect anyone to do such a thing just for little ol' me. Like I said, I'm trying to find one of the fans who'll already be doing this. And I don't mind paying above the pin's original cost. Not at all. But three times or more? Nah, that's over-inflated. I'm good with paying double $$, but not triple $$$.

The real killer (in my opinion) is the edition size of 1,000. It's obviously waaay to small for the demand that's out there. The series, when it was in WDW, started at 2,500, then was increased to 3,500 in time. Now I understand(and have been told as much by Disneyland pin persons-in-the-know(over the phone) that Disneyland isn't as large as WDW, and therefore doesn't warrant a WDW-sized editon run. However, when a pin series consistently sells out almost immediately, and has such a rabid aftermarket fanbase, Disney really ought to look at increasing the edition size.

fairestoneofall, thanks for the initial reply! I have a three year old daughter so I understand. Mine wouldn't last five minutes on some crazy early morning pin quest.

Mooshu
07-01-2009, 08:43 AM
Just curious as to what are the release dates for the pins? Are they monthly on a certain day? I will be there for a week in September

StarTourist
07-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Mooshu, the pins in the series are usually released on or around the same part of the month, but I think it can change. The next pin(for July) is due for release on the 19th. And yes, unfortunately, there is a line, and it starts early. I haven't a clue when any future month's pins are due to come out. But, there's one per month through at least December off this year.

And remember kiddies, I can possibly trade with ya too! I'm a D23 member, a Disney Visa Cardholder, a DVC member, and as soon as I return to WDW, I'll renew my Annual Passholder ticket(all of the above have exclusive pins to drive you crazy collecting them, by the way. I'm not tootin' my own horn)I visit WDW about twice a year on average since joining the Disney Vacation Club, and I'm ready, willing and able to help out someone who's "stuck" out on the West Coast:)

Yes, I'm a little nutty for the pins.

Mooshu
07-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Okay, let me know what the release dates are in September. I'll be down there for the 1/2 marathon and staying through the D23 expo, but I'll have a couple of down days where I won't be doing anything. So if it's one of those days, I have a season pass and I won't mind waiting

StarTourist
07-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Mighty awesome of you, Mooshu! I'll definitely let you know as soon as I find out!