PDA

View Full Version : What are some good and reasonably priced food places in Disneyland and DCA?

ErikaR
01-06-2003, 07:08 PM
What are some good places to eat that are reasonable? I have been to Blue Bayou when I was younger and really enjoyed myself, but I wanted to find some good quick eats.

MammaSilva
01-06-2003, 07:20 PM
well personally I love Redds Pizza Port, portions are huge, you could easily share one of the pasta dinners between two people who were 'average' hungry (maybe not with a teenager but they are another species :) ) I also like the clam chowder over in NoS...it's a good bargin. I like Taste Pilots Grill in DCA and although I still haven't made it there yet a LOT of folks on MP swear by the White Water snacks at the Grand Californian that has a refillable mug available...

ldsguy
01-06-2003, 08:18 PM
While technically not within the parks, I love the White Water Snack bar in the Grand Californian Hotel, they have full meals and are extremely reasonably priced, also one of the few places left in the resort that gives free refills on drinks, if you purchase one of thier mugs you can refill it as long as you have the mug for free. Here's a sample of menu and price, please note this is from memory, and is only a small portion of the menu.....
Hamburger/Cheesburger (Kids, includes Fries, kids Drink (Refillable as well), and a full size hamburger, patty is just slightly thinner than the adult version, but not much, any age can order).......$4.99...Adult version...no drink, larger portion of fries and slightly thicker patty and a pickle spear comes with it in addition to the letuce and tommato that comes with both, but if you want a picke spear with the kids, just ask for it, no extra charge.....$5.49

Hot Roast Beef Sandwich (No Fries, but the sandwich is enough to fill even me up).....$6.99

Grilled Chicken Sandwhich (Oretega Chile, Homade Gucamole (yes it is really home made...ok, well made there, but you get the point), lettuce and tommato)......$7.25

There are many others, but this is a partial list, yes, it's more expensive than outside the resort, but for inside the resort the prices are fairly good, the portions larger than Red Rockett's which was mentioned earlier and the quality of ingredients is superb, when they give you a slice of tommato, they make it a really thick slice and I have yet to see them serve anything that resembles much green on the tomato, also they usually give a few pieces of fruit with the meal, lately it's been oranges, you can also request mixed fruit instead of the fries at no additional cost, probably could get a side sald instead as well. It's a nice quiet atmosphere, which on a busy day can be a nice rest for a bit. This is by far my favorite food establishment in the resort, esp. at a reasonable price. They also give discounts to all Annual Pass Holders, with no minimum purchase. The CMs that work there are some of the best I have seen in the resort and believe me, that's saying something, they will do absolutley anything they can to make your stay there more plesant and will make sure that you are comfortable, even after they brought you your food (Oh, you order hot food with the ashier, everything else you get yourself, they then bring the hot food to the table and they are not allowed to take tips, they will get you anything you may need, like I liked to get ranch with my meal and I forgot to get it, so I told the lady when she brought my food that I would be right back, that I forgot my ranch and she said she would go and get it for me.) Also, if you want something that's not on the menu, ask them, they will usually make it for you if they can.

Ok, well, this turned into a long winded response to a simple question......But also, on a side note, can we please get more people going in there? They now close at 7:00 pm every day, including weekends, because there haven't been enough people going in there lately. Also, remember the Grand Californian Entrance is only limited to Hotel Guests if you haven't been in DCA yet that day or don't have an Annual Pass, otherwise, igonore the sign, because it's wrong.

MonorailMan
01-06-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by ldsguy

Ok, well, this turned into a long winded response to a simple question......But also, on a side note, can we please get more people going in there? They now close at 7:00 pm every day, including weekends, because there haven't been enough people going in there lately.

Yes, how annoying. The padders were going to eat there, but we found them closed. :mad:

ErikaR
01-06-2003, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the help, anymore?

HBTiggerFan
01-06-2003, 09:58 PM
ErikaR,
If you are not opposed to eating close to the DLR I am a big fan of Mimis Cafe www.mimiscafe.com located a 5-7 minute walk from either Main gate. Their food is great, their prices are comparable to places at the DLR (but not inflated for the location) but the food quality and quanity is 110% better. (no, I do not work there)

I do suggest you avoid the Dennys and IHOP located across the street on Harbor, the food is mediocore and their prices inflated.

Inside DL the French Market and Cafe Orleans both have soup in a breadbowl (get the soup on the side) that is a lot of food and is good.

White Water snacks in the GC hotel has good food and is a good value for the DLR.

On the Pacific Warf in DCA the Boduin Bakery has an excellent shrimp louie salad that is a lot of food, though I don't really consider $9.79 a good value for a salad. They also have chowder in a bread bowl for a bit more (it looks like a larget bowl).

Have fun!!!

KarenW2
01-06-2003, 10:38 PM
My DH and I really enjoy the Storyteller's Cafe, in the Grand Californian Hotel. They have great food, service and prices for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can order off the regular menu, or choose the buffet when available.

My favorite breakfast food is their banana stuffed French toast. It's like their version of Tonga Toast, if you've ever had it at WDW's Poly. My favorite lunch/dinner choice is their pizza, where you can pick three toppings (more than three are an extra charge, but 2 toppings is enough for me!) to put on your pizza.

They have the best raspberry lemonade, which is really great to drink after a long, hot day in the parks.

Hope you have a great time wherever you decide to eat.

Kimi_Coconuts
01-07-2003, 08:42 AM
Our family loves Red Rockets Pizza Port (fairly good value) at DL and Taste Pilots Grill at DCA. I especially love the chicken salad at Taste Pilots, I'm salivating just thinking about it!

Matterhorn Fan
01-07-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by KarenW2
My favorite breakfast food is their banana stuffed French toast. It's like their version of Tonga Toast, if you've ever had it at WDW's Poly. My favorite lunch/dinner choice is their pizza, where you can pick three toppings (more than three are an extra charge, but 2 toppings is enough for me!) to put on your pizza. Hey . . . it's not often that Tonga Toast gets mentioned in the DL forum. :D

Tonga Toast: Yummy.
Storyteller's Stuffed French Toast: Dry, Peanut-Buttery Impostor (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=7096).

tabacco
01-07-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
I do suggest you avoid the Dennys and IHOP located across the street on Harbor, the food is mediocore and their prices inflate.

Dennys serve mediocre food? How could you say such a thing!?! :D

Dexter
01-07-2003, 01:17 PM
Personally, I'm a relatively large fan of the French Markets beef stew for dinner, and their french dips for lunch. I would say they have reasonable prices at dinner, salad and an entree for 10 bucks. Granted the 2.75 for a drink is kind of a kick in the pants, but water is free. Don't know what yer budget is, but we typically eat at the FM.

RRPP is also a good place, although, we had a problem last time we dined there. We waited in a huge line to find out they just sold out of the pasta we wanted and it would be 30 minutes before any more was ready. Poor planning on someones part lead to us going somewhere else cause we weren't going to wait for the pasta. :mad:

Rancho Del Zocalo has caused me mixed feelings, I'm not particularly fond of their food, but their prices are pretty good. I would recommend the tri-tip steak, if you can get it. The couple of times I've gone there for dinner they always seem to run out of it.

The plaza inn is also reasonably priced for what you get, I think, again the 2.75 for a drink thing though.

cemeinke
01-07-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Dexter
Rancho Del Zocalo has caused me mixed feelings, I'm not particularly fond of their food, but their prices are pretty good. I would recommend the tri-tip steak, if you can get it. The couple of times I've gone there for dinner they always seem to run out of it.

Lately I've found the ribs here to be exceptional - particularly when Irma's workingg the grill - that woman is awsome.

CarlieB
01-07-2003, 03:03 PM
On our last visit my boyfriend and I had a good lunch at Rancho del Zocalo - we shared the ribs combo (or something like that) and it fed both of us pretty well (I still miss the Big Thunder BBQ though...)

KarenW2
01-07-2003, 09:20 PM
Hi Matterhorn Fan,
I've had the banana stuffed French Toast every time I've eaten breakfast at SC and have never had any peanut butter in it. You may be thinking of some other menu item.

Matterhorn Fan
01-08-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by KarenW2
Hi Matterhorn Fan,
I've had the banana stuffed French Toast every time I've eaten breakfast at SC and have never had any peanut butter in it. You may be thinking of some other menu item. I ordered the "Stuffed French Toast" from the breakfast menu at Storyteller's last June. It had peanut butter. It's possible they've changed it since then, but what I had was nothing like Tonga Toast.