PDA

View Full Version : July 17 D23 special event

Pages : [1] 2

Kuzcofan
06-29-2009, 10:10 AM
(This might this might be in wrong place..sorry im new here and still learning how to post)(long time viewer first time posting)
Ok I just tried to get tickets for D23 special event at Disneyland on
July 17th. I kept refreshing the web page at 11:00 the link appeared I clicked it and it was already sold out!!!! How can it sale out in 10 seconds! Did anybody here get tickets?

olegc
06-29-2009, 10:16 AM
at 11:02 (on my computer) the link finally changed to say Buy Tickets. (they are free, but still this was the link).

then I went through the process and was lucky it did not go down (like previous events). I was able to get tickets

by 11:08 - for me - it said sold out.

I did not check again right after I got confirmation so I don't know how long after 11am it was done - but I do know that computer speed, network connection, and whether your internet service caches pages or not (supposedly to make your experience faster) all have a lot to do with the issues folks have been experiencing (I have multiple computers of different age and memory in the house and I can tell). That, along with the sheer volume of folks registering, makes for a busy server. and I bet there won't be that many tickets available. 100 -maybe 200? i don't know the exact number.

I will say this - no one should again say that D23 does not have a lot of members... that's old news..

dznyphreak
06-29-2009, 11:08 AM
I was really bummed I didn't get tickets, and now I'm kicking myself for thinking about the fact that my computer was caching the site and I should turn that off just in case. 11:02 was when it opened up for me, and as soon as I had clicked on it I was told it was already sold out. Ugh.

popinjay
06-29-2009, 11:14 AM
I am so thoroughly confused.

I sat here and refreshed over and over (after missing out on the studio tour, I wanted to make sure to get these tickets!).

I got the link to register, RAN through it fast as I could, and I got a confirmation page - but nothing ever came up on the page - no numbers, nothing. After waiting a few minutes, I pressed refresh and it came back to the beginning of registration. I started to go back through but it said "wait list" so I didn't press anything in case it nullified my first register.

I looked in my email - no confirmation. (Has anyone who registered gotten an email confirmation?)

I called guest services and spent 40 minutes on the phone being passed around (I can't find a number for D23!) - no one could tell me where I could figure out if I'm registered or not!

Anyone have any information that could help me out? Thanks a mil!

olegc
06-29-2009, 11:52 AM
I looked in my email - no confirmation. (Has anyone who registered gotten an email confirmation?)[snip]

Anyone have any information that could help me out? Thanks a mil!

I got in like you and followed a similar path - but did not bother to try and go back. My confirmation page had no details - it simply said Confirmation and the event title and date. I decided if it was a problem later I would try to remedy it.

I received my email confirmation about 12:10pm. It did have details and my guests name...

Burnt Toast
06-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Popular events are popular.

Take BlizzCon, a convention at the Anaheim Convention Center for Blizzard Entertainment (World of Warcraft, Diablo, StarCraft)... this year the tickets sold out in a matter of minutes.

Kuzcofan
06-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Yeah I knew Blizcon would go fast, My friend got tickets for it. Unfortunately I am out fo town that weekend again :crying: I have been playing WOW for 4 years now (almost since it started), It is what I do every night(which my wife hates), except when I go to Disneyland

ryanvalle
06-29-2009, 07:45 PM
Am I the only one on mouseplanet lucky enough to have gotten tickets for the 17th?

I checked three times: 10:45, 10:58, and at 11:00 am sharp. By 11:00am, my buy option was there and I got tickets right away for me and one guest.

I received a confirmation letter about an hour and a half later saying that I got the tickets and spot to go.

Kuzcofan
06-29-2009, 07:59 PM
it seems like just you and Olegc and perhaps popinjay, but he never got confirmation. Both me amd my wife tried, her from home and me from work and neither of us were able to get them.

ryanvalle
06-29-2009, 08:07 PM
I see. I will find it really upsetting if there were members who were able to attend the studio tour and the disneyland event. Both are "e-ticket" events which I think each member should be limited to doing once per year per membership.

Kuzcofan
06-29-2009, 08:52 PM
I think I was just shocked more then mad that they were gone that fast, I expected them to sale out fast, just not that fast. That is really the only thing so far I am interested in, I just hope they have more things like that at Disneyland otherwise I probably will not renew D23 next year. Though I did get another special D23 pin in the mail today. (sorry not a very good picture)

ryanvalle
06-29-2009, 08:53 PM
well next year is disneyland's 55th anniversary. It wont be much of a fan club if they can't do a huge event for that...

plus a toy story 3 release, i am sure that would be the screening of the year they would give out...

olegc
06-29-2009, 08:57 PM
I see. I will find it really upsetting if there were members who were able to attend the studio tour and the disneyland event. Both are "e-ticket" events which I think each member should be limited to doing once per year per membership.

in the interest of full disclosure - I guess you are going to be upset.

I got a late wait-list spot for August 15th after i struggled like the rest of the group. However, the only reason that the tour was available because they created more spots after the fact. We still don't know officially how many spots were created pre- and post-fiasco for the tour, nor for the DLAND USA event. Even so - I don't agree about the limitation. Then - what if they announce another event later in the year (for Christmas)? Does this mean I can't sign up for that one? or, if I did not sign up for any, how do I know one will come later in the year?

They are announcing and making changes on the fly - so since the menu is not complete there can't be a limit on events and make it "open to all" as the advertising says. Besides - it's not like I did anything unscrupulous or had any inside way to get a spot. I just did and have been lucky.

ryanvalle
06-29-2009, 09:25 PM
in the interest of full disclosure - I guess you are going to be upset.

I got a late wait-list spot for August 15th after i struggled like the rest of the group. However, the only reason that the tour was available because they created more spots after the fact. We still don't know officially how many spots were created pre- and post-fiasco for the tour, nor for the DLAND USA event. Even so - I don't agree about the limitation. Then - what if they announce another event later in the year (for Christmas)? Does this mean I can't sign up for that one? or, if I did not sign up for any, how do I know one will come later in the year?

They are announcing and making changes on the fly - so since the menu is not complete there can't be a limit on events and make it "open to all" as the advertising says. Besides - it's not like I did anything unscrupulous or had any inside way to get a spot. I just did and have been lucky.

Limited was a bad word to use. I meant to use priority. If i ran the system, I think that after the show/event sells out and waitlist fills up, I think they should sort through the lists and see if anyone on the main list get to go to the a previous e-ticket event? If so, move them down to the waitlist and fill in that spot with someone that is on the waitlist that hasnt gone to an e-ticket event. It won't limit the amount of events one can attend, but gives priority to people that havent been able to attend a d23 popular event.

But say if someone is in your case where you're on another waitlist, then you wouldn't be considered as one who attended an e-ticket event. In my system, you would be given priority to the disneyland event, BUT would not be prioritized on the disney studios tour on august 15th...

But that's just me, so I am sure that others may or may not agree with me.

By the way, im not upset with you :)

olegc
06-29-2009, 09:33 PM
By the way, im not upset with you :)

I knew that. it's the process - not us. thanks ;)

cstephens
06-29-2009, 10:25 PM

They do limit one of the same event per year, but not separate events. It's really the luck of the draw.

I'm figuring that I'm taking my experiences during this first year of membership, and when it comes time to renew, I'll look at what the year has given me, and that's how I'll decide whether to renew.

I hadn't realized until Saturday afternoon that they actually added a third tour time. The original tour time was 10am, and the one we were on was noon, and then there was a 2pm tour as well.

donaldorn4
07-01-2009, 10:00 PM
As many of you guys know D23 has been really rediculous lately... I mean look at how :crying:the tour thing went and than the Disneyland 54th anniversary thing that was to be open at 11AM but was late 2 minutes late. But not only that but was told to be sold out... This is something that is not right and should be taken into action.

Some people have suggested (emails sent to me) that we should hold a strike outside the building that the :crying:54th anniversary will be held at... If someone else is interested... which sounds like to me you all might :eek:be... than :eek:please contact me and I will see what we can do.

After all we need to take D23 to the high levels and make them think what we paying customers espect and was promised. Please let me and all paying customers form one big line and protest until they give us the gifts and treatment we deserve. IT IS NOT WORTH $75.00 FOR ONLY 4 magazines!!!:crying:

And not only that but why pay for the expo which is $90.00 when all we are going to get is going to get turned away from live events. This is something Disney corporation will regret if we take a stand and do the strike!

And the letters that the Disney corporation is being sent to people is being the only letter that is being sent to other people. " Dear Reader the event was sold out. Our crew put it up at 11AM..." Which we all know did not happen.

Please note that I can be reached at:
icstitch@ymail.com

cstephens
07-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Some people have suggested (emails sent to me) that we should hold a strike outside the building that the :crying:54th anniversary will be held at... If someone else is interested... which sounds like to me you all might :eek:be... than :eek:please contact me and I will see what we can do.

Y'all have fun getting thrown out of the park and possibly getting your APs revoked. I'll be enjoying the day at Disneyland instead.

disney42dude
07-01-2009, 10:40 PM
I don't understand how people can be so upset. When I signed up, I didn't even know there was going to be all these events. It was the magazines, certificate, gift, D23 expo (I might be forgetting something?). These other events are exclusive and have capacity limits. I thought it was awesome how quickly they responded and with extra tour times and dates (to come). Did I miss something? When we signed up were we guaranteed to be able to attend certain events? Obviously there are a lot of die-hard D23 members who try to register for these events as soon as they open. Some will get through, some won't.

Kuzcofan
07-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Just to clarify I am not angry that I did not get tickets, disappointed yes, shocked yes, angry no, especially knowing that other people did get tickets, I was kind of concerned that tickets were never available and that Disney exec got them all or something, especially since I know where the location is and it really doesn't sit that many people. I am happy for the people that got tickets, though I am positive Olegc somehow was able to slow down both my wifes computer and my work computer so he can get my tickets, just haven' figured out how he did it yet :p. I do not want to strike and I really do not suggest anybody else to strike, that is just kind of stupid. I too had no idea what I was getting for my money. I have liked all the gifts and the magazines so far, as far as the magazine it works out to less then $20.00 an issue I have spent more then that on Disneyland books before, some good and bad ones. I may or may not buy D23 next year, though rynaville did have a good point about it being the 55th anniversary so we will probably will renew 1 more year to see how it goes. Maybe they should have a special D23 members only night where only D23 members are allowed in to Disneyland for the evening, now that would be fun, having the park pretty much all to ourselves, then they have special concerts and other things going on just for members, and I am sure they would not sale out in 2 minutes that way. now that would be great! Maybe we should all ask Disney execs to do that!

Sarah32384
07-02-2009, 05:32 AM
And the letters that the Disney corporation is being sent to people is being the only letter that is being sent to other people. " Dear Reader the event was sold out. Our crew put it up at 11AM..." Which we all know did not happen.

On my computer, it looked like the link opened right at 11 AM. Like everyone is saying, it looked "sold out" two minutes later, but I was lucky enough to get two tickets to the event. Going on strike and complaining about the special events will most likely only convince the company to limit the events to those which can accommodate large groups of members and eliminate the studio tours and Disneyland backstage events. I don't think that's what any D23 or Disney fan would want.

Unfortunately, an event will always quickly sell out if there's high demand, whether it's a special Disney event, a Madonna concert, a public meeting with the President, or whatever else.

Sarah32384
07-02-2009, 05:49 AM
Maybe they should have a special D23 members only night where only D23 members are allowed in to Disneyland for the evening, now that would be fun, having the park pretty much all to ourselves, then they have special concerts and other things going on just for members, and I am sure they would not sale out in 2 minutes that way. now that would be great! Maybe we should all ask Disney execs to do that!

Now THAT'S an idea! =) How about we get together and push for a special D23 night in the park or other similar events? I'll go write an e-mail right now to customer service.

olegc
07-02-2009, 06:59 AM
though I am positive Olegc somehow was able to slow down both my wifes computer and my work computer so he can get my tickets, just haven' figured out how he did it yet :p.

now now, let's not get too hasty in accusations here (ha ha).

in all seriousness - a strike? let's not make D23 the AP program all over again where everyone expects entitlement and to be served all the time. it is what it is. the events they are offering are unexpected and limited in number. The tour fiasco was mainly the first day of registration - then they added more tours - within ONE WEEK! - to help with the demand. Since when has Disney reacted like that? We don't need a strike or a show of force. If you want to make yourself heard then contact someone and let them know politely. You won't get any restitution for that specific event (sorry, no free nights in the Disneyland suite) but then maybe for the next event things will be different.

As for the Expo live events and "not getting in there" - what is to be expected?! this is a massive marketing campaign to sell this event out and have hundreds, if not thousands, of people attend. If you are expecting to be at every single seminar and live discussion - forget it right now. Too many people for too few seats. Make a list of what you MUST attend, and go from there.

I feel VERY LUCKY that I have been able to get tickets to the local events. After the tour thing I did not know if I got on the wait list or not - and then an email came that said I was in. Then I was lucky to get the Disneyland tickets. For me, being unemployed since Dec 2008, it has been a very small victory to be able to get free tickets to events. Otherwise I would be sitting at home like the rest of you - but I would not be angry. As I said - it is what it is - a very popular program.

ryanvalle
07-02-2009, 07:42 AM
Do no strike. It's a waste of time. You're better off writing a friendly complaint letter to d23's customer service. That way, at least they know how they can improve.

They can't do much when all they know is that you're angry with them...

dznyphreak
07-02-2009, 09:19 AM
Do no strike. It's a waste of time. You're better off writing a friendly complaint letter to d23's customer service. That way, at least they know how they can improve.

They can't do much when all they know is that you're angry with them...

Just when I was about to dust off my torch and pitchfork...you all are no fun. ;)

I'm really not upset over this. There are worse things that could happen than not being able to see a little movie. I just left the experience feeling like I was cheated--like I didn't have a chance at tickets to begin with because the timing was off. I know the capacity was even smaller than the studio/archives tours, so the fact that it sold out didn't surprise me. I just wish it had told me that at 11 am instead of 11:02. Then I would have felt more like I need to work on my clicking speed rather than Disney needs to work on their timing. That's all. As for when they add more tour dates, you all better watch out! I'll be practicing my refreshing and clicking abilities for weeks to make sure I claim my two measly tickets. :~D:geek:;)