PDA

View Full Version : Club 33 Survey

Pages : [1] 2

Osky
06-26-2009, 09:04 AM
Yesterday I received a letter in the mail from Club 33. I was excited for a bit, and then thought it was probably one of the "are you still interested" letters that they periodically send out. This one is asking for my participation in a survey next week. Looks like they are trying to see what people expect out of the club, what other clubs they belong to or are considering, etc. My guess is that it was prompted by recent turnover or the economy. Anyone else get this letter?

danyoung
06-26-2009, 09:22 AM
I didn't get the letter, but I'd be interested in what it says.

Osky
06-26-2009, 10:19 AM
Dear XXXX:

Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of Club 33 at the DisneylandŽ Resort! We understand that you have many choices in club memberships, and we appreciate you choosing us.

We value your thoughts and would like to ask for your input in a brief study about Club 33 and similar clubs. Your opinions will not only give us an opportunity to hear your feedback but also help us better understand how we can provide the best services to our Guests.

We ask that you please participate in a short survey followed by a brief online interview to share your feedback. The study should take approximately 15 to 20 minutes of your time and does not require any downloads or additional hardware or software.

The survey will be offered on Monday June 29th, Tuesday June 30th and Wednesday July 1st 2009 from the hours of 9am PST to 9pm PST. To take part in this survey, please type XXXX into your internet browser and enter the following user name: XXXX

This survey and interview are entirely confidential and, as a sign of our appreciation of your time, we will donate $50 to the Make-A-Wish Foundation upon your completion of the interview session.

Thank you in advance for your help. Your voluntary participation is very important and we appreciate your time.

Best regards,
The DisneylandŽ Resort

sierranevada
06-26-2009, 05:14 PM
I got it too. I didn't think I would be at the top of the waitlist this soon - it has only been 3 years! I will definitely take it. I am curious as to the questions.

olegc
06-26-2009, 05:34 PM
I got it too. I didn't think I would be at the top of the waitlist this soon - it has only been 3 years! I will definitely take it. I am curious as to the questions.

from Osky's text - it does not say you're at the top of the wait list - it just asks for your opinion. It could be also they use this as a first test of interest. Who knows - if you still want to be a member take the survey since they obviously are tracking who logs in - but I would not get any hopes up from that letter...

sierranevada
06-26-2009, 05:35 PM
from Osky's text - it does not say you're at the top of the wait list - it just asks for your opinion. It could be also they use this as a first test of interest. Who knows - if you still want to be a member take the survey since they obviously are tracking who logs in - but I would not get any hopes up from that letter...

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I didn't mean that I thought the survey meant I was at the top of the list, just that when I first saw the letter, I got excited thinking that I had moved up!

MKY4ME
06-26-2009, 06:19 PM
will definitely take the survey--it is worth it to give $50 for each one to Make-A-wish!

disney42dude
06-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Why does it seem that some people are on here only to judge others, point out typos or incorrect statements, make people look/feel stupid, etc.? Although it's hard to tell tone from a message board post, some posts on these boards tend to seem to lean in that direction.

Anywho...I'm interested to hear what kind of questions the survey asks and can't wait for them to reopen the waitlist for Club 33.

danyoung
06-27-2009, 05:39 AM
Why does it seem that some people are on here only to judge others, point out typos or incorrect statements, make people look/feel stupid, etc.?

Well, it's of value to distribute correct information, isn't it? And if someone posts something that isn't correct, it's up to others in the know to correct it. No one has to be rude about it. I'm very guilty of pointing out typos, especially when they're funny. But I try to always put in a ;) there to let people know I'm just funnin'.

olegc
06-27-2009, 05:47 AM
Why does it seem that some people are on here only to judge others, point out typos or incorrect statements, make people look/feel stupid, etc.? Although it's hard to tell tone from a message board post, some posts on these boards tend to seem to lean in that direction.

Anywho...I'm interested to hear what kind of questions the survey asks and can't wait for them to reopen the waitlist for Club 33.

i think it's your interpretation that, at least for my post, I am being judgemental. All I did was try to point out a correction to a statement - because we also have seen so many people read stuff on this board and then assume it's factual information when in fact it may have even been an opinion.

Besides - I gave a recommendation to still take the survey if there is interest. That, I believe, was a positive statement. All in all we're just trying to help each other out by having correct info about the park we love and not go down the path of "Disneyland is messed up because ..."

I wish I could be on that list -or even just have one meal there. Alas - no membership..

VickiC
06-27-2009, 08:26 AM
If anyone posts what questions were on the survey I hope they don't have anyone to identify their real name on this board, because it is likely to get them removed from the membership waiting list.

danyoung
06-27-2009, 08:53 AM
I can't imagine that someone's participation on an online fan site would be grounds for removal from the waiting list. You make it sound like Disney is the sworn enemy of anyone posting here.

VickiC
06-27-2009, 09:45 AM
"This survey and interview are entirely confidential"

danyoung
06-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Confidentiality doesn't always go both ways. I read that as saying that the results and the identity will not be shared by the company with anyone else. There was nothing there that swore the interviewee to secrecy.

VickiC
06-27-2009, 11:05 AM
When I have done marketing surveys of this type in the past I have had to agree not to share the questions with anyone.

danyoung
06-27-2009, 11:06 AM
That might be, and if that's the case then the participant better not post detail about the survey on a public forum.

disney42dude
06-27-2009, 04:04 PM
i think it's your interpretation that, at least for my post, I am being judgemental. All I did was try to point out a correction to a statement - because we also have seen so many people read stuff on this board and then assume it's factual information when in fact it may have even been an opinion.

Besides - I gave a recommendation to still take the survey if there is interest. That, I believe, was a positive statement. All in all we're just trying to help each other out by having correct info about the park we love and not go down the path of "Disneyland is messed up because ..."

Very true! I think I was a little too sensitive last night. Haha. I appreciate all the info I learn on here. :cool:

danyoung
06-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Not a problem, 42. I don't know how many times I've responded to a post in a certain way, only to look at it again the next day and wonder what it was that got me all riled up. It takes an adult to admit when he/she's wrong - nice job!

Wisdom
06-29-2009, 02:22 PM
A lot of people must have been responding to the survey. It was down quite awhile today. It's back up now. I just finished it. Interesting is all I can say.

Karin
06-29-2009, 07:33 PM
I just finished it. Interesting is all I can say.

Agreed. Very interesting. I wonder, though, how different it would have been if we were "current" members rather than on the wait list?

Second Star
06-29-2009, 10:47 PM
Well, I think the question of respondent confidentially has been answered. ;)

I too would probably donate a body, to get a membership at Club 33. :eek: Oh well, maybe one day. :D

sierranevada
06-30-2009, 05:45 AM
Agreed. Very interesting. I wonder, though, how different it would have been if we were "current" members rather than on the wait list?

Yeah - I wondered about that too. When you choose "waitlist" it seem to forward quite a bit.

Wisdom
06-30-2009, 08:23 AM
Without saying too much, do you think you need to choose? Or perhaps stay where you are and add on?
I wonder how long before we are contacted again. And do you think things are in place now, in the future or just an idea right now?

Wisdom
06-30-2009, 08:29 AM
Duplicate

Karin
06-30-2009, 08:50 AM
Well, I think the question of respondent confidentially has been answered. ;)

Without saying too much, do you think you need to choose? Or perhaps stay where you are and add on?

I think I said too much before and all I was talking about was who I am. I don't think it's wise to say anymore, and this may have been too much.