PDA

View Full Version : If you could work at Disneyland, what would be your dream job?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

torquedork
06-29-2009, 03:26 PM
My dream job is to work in the Entertainment department! I'd love to work with the characters and work behind the scenes at the shows (specifically Fantasmic! and the Electrical Parade!).

I also wouldn't mind being a tour guide since I know almost EVERYTHING about Disneyland Park!

One thing that I used to do was working behind the scenes at various theatres which I would love to get back into working on shows once again

mickey4ever
06-29-2009, 03:52 PM
I would love to be the gardner and work with all the flowers and topiaries! Second would be a guide, third a pastry chef!

torquedork
06-29-2009, 04:11 PM
You know the person (guy or girl) who sits down by the edge of the Rivers of America with a headset on, calling the shots for the Fantasmic! show? That's right up my alley!!!

The person who you are describing is called a "Stage Manager"

Too Far From DL
06-29-2009, 06:04 PM
I would love to do maintenance on some of the rides after hours. It would be really cool to walk around the POTC, and the HM with the lights on. I have help put together a few Haunted Houses, really fun stuff.

I'd love! doing ride maintenance! I think all the technology is facinating and it's what I do everyday..... except not on cool rides and stuff....I've applied twice, but alas they only accept local applications.....:crying:

Jodi
06-29-2009, 11:56 PM
My life's ambition is to be a Jungle Cruise skipper. (I'm only half kidding.) That would not just be the best job at Disney, but anywhere.

Seriously, if I could afford it, I would go and work my way up if I had to.

I already have the spiel down, complete with variations on the jokes to keep things interesting.

DisneyFanKat
06-30-2009, 09:46 AM
I used to want to work the Storybook ride... But I do like the Jugle cruise - just not sure I could pull it off - ha!

I want to be a hostess at Club 33. Do they even have hostesses? I haven't been there....yet! :)

danyoung
06-30-2009, 11:17 AM
The person who you are describing is called a "Stage Manager"

Are you saying this from inside experience? I work in the biz doing live events, and we rarely call the person in charge the Stage Manager, although the term does get used from time to time. Sometimes the position is called Show Coordinator, sometimes Show Caller, sometimes Executive Producer, among others.

katy621
06-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Working for Team Disney Anaheim, Marketing or Advertising.

UsBurchs
06-30-2009, 02:33 PM
I would love to be someone who gives out really cool random magical moments to people. Walk up to some average "Joe" just standing in line with their kids. "Hey, can I talk to you for a minute? How would you like a Fastpass for every ride in the park!" or a little girl is dressed up as Jasmine walking down Main Street. "Would you like to meet the REAL Jasmine?" and tada! I just made her year! :) That would make my heart SING! Heck, I'd volunteer to do a job like that. Getting paid would be the cherry on top of the most delicious sundae ever! I guess it would be like the "dream team" was a couple years ago, but I wouldn't wear a blue vest and carry a bag so that people would swarm me. I'd be in regular clothes, just going around granting wishes. How fun is that?

Mickeygirlforever
06-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Jungle Cruise skipper, not doubt. The skippers are the true high point of that ride making it memorable....love it!!

9volt
06-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Fireman, hands down, case closed. :)

torquedork
06-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Are you saying this from inside experience? I work in the biz doing live events, and we rarely call the person in charge the Stage Manager, although the term does get used from time to time. Sometimes the position is called Show Coordinator, sometimes Show Caller, sometimes Executive Producer, among others.

I used to be working theatre especially all of the behind the scenes for many years which we referred to the person who called the show as the Stage Manager.

clockworkmonkey
06-30-2009, 08:28 PM
My dream job was and still is Jungle Cruise skipper.

potzbie
07-01-2009, 06:00 AM
Yeah! JUNGLE CRUISE skipper!

• "These rare orchids grow only where rare and sensitive plastic can get enough moisture!"

• "Attention Kmart shoppers! Trader Sam has a deal for you today. One of your heads for what he has behind Door Number Three!"

• "Beware the Bengal Tiger! It can jump over 20 feet. [...] Stay away from the King Cobra! When they spread their hoods, they can jump over 20 feet. [...] Beware of the hippos! When they wiggle their ears, they can jump over 20 feet. [...]."

• "As we approach the dock, please notice the life-like animatronics of the Jungle Cruise Castmembers. Don't they seem almost real?"

danyoung
07-01-2009, 08:06 AM
I used to be working theatre especially all of the behind the scenes for many years which we referred to the person who called the show as the Stage Manager.

No argument there, and it's entirely possible that Disney uses the same term. I just saw F! last night, and was waiting for a chance to talk to the Director, but it just never opened up. Maybe later in the week.

kiki
07-01-2009, 10:27 AM
I would love to be a parade performer. I have been a dancer for most of my life and if I lived just a little bit closer or went to CSUF (California State University Fullerton) I definitely would have auditioned. I would also love to be character like Minnie or Mickey but being 5'2" or 5'3",I'm slightly over the height requirement:crying:.

disneyFREAK242
07-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Imagineer hands down... ever since I was a little kid, I have always wanted to design a ride or attraction of some sort... that is still my dream job, and I am going for it!!! Or, if that doesnt count, then it would either be a Matterhorn Mountain climber, Jungle Cruise Captain, or a Tower of Terror operator!!!! haha that would be AWESOME!!!!

torquedork
07-01-2009, 04:06 PM
No argument there, and it's entirely possible that Disney uses the same term. I just saw F! last night, and was waiting for a chance to talk to the Director, but it just never opened up. Maybe later in the week.

I had left theatre about 10 years ago to explore different types of work other than just theatre. Now I've been considering on getting back into theatre just for the fun of it just as a side job because of really do miss being in theatre especially thrill of putting on show.

Squeaky
07-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Yeah! JUNGLE CRUISE skipper!
...• "As we approach the dock, please notice the life-like animatronics of the Jungle Cruise Castmembers. Don't they seem almost real?"
[/I]
HAHA! I've never heard that one before!! Love it!!

DVCmom
07-02-2009, 12:31 PM
A person who helps with visitors with disabilities. I have always had a LOVE for sign language.

MrZombie
07-02-2009, 02:38 PM
I wish I could be a face character for Peter Pan. I look half my age or just a little over half and would be the appropriate height (all Peter Pans look like older guys and are tall). I'm 22 but look 12-15 and I'm 5'3". Realistic for Peter Pan but I know their face characters have height requirements and that all the Wendy's would be taller than me. Though, that is quite accurate too since Wendy seems taller than Peter.

If not, then since I'm a business major I'd love to work in Disney global management or work on their promotional team. I saw recently the special congratulatory event they held in front of the castle introducing their new marketing team. I'd love to be up there one day too.

snowsbeau
07-02-2009, 02:48 PM
I would love to work in Fantasyland! Sending people to Pleasure Island, to Neverland and on a Wild Ride with Mr. Toad. Telling eager children and adults about Cinderella's fairy tale castle and Alice's trip down the rabbit hole on the Stoybook Canal boats! Or best yet, sending a innocent bunch of kids into the dark back allys of Toontown to do battle with the weasel's to avoid the dreaded Dip! That would be so much fun. Ah...wait. Been there done that! :D