PDA

View Full Version : Anyone filed a damage/loss claim with Disneyland?

backsthepack
06-25-2009, 09:19 AM
**Not sure if this is in the right place, feel free to move it if need be**

So last week while at Disneyland I had a jacket damaged by a cast member. We were leaving CA, it was a tad chilly and I had a pretty new Mickey sweatshirt/hoodie jacket on. White (of course). Well, the hand stamp lady stamped my husband and kid in a hurry and when it was my turn I was attempting to pull up my sleeve since the jacket cuff pretty well covers my hand. She didn't wait. The stamp went on my jacket cuff. And it really shows up well on material.

I wasn't overyly mad, but pretty upset. I had just spent $55 on this during on trip in March and had not worn it since then. Anyway, I went on over to DL and headed to the Emporium to ask someone if they had any idea if this stuff would wash out. The kid that helped me was so sweet but gave me this look like "you are out of luck lady". He sent me to town hall. Again, I just wanted to know if this would wash out.

The girl at Town Hall was really rather bored with her job I think. She hands me this form and tells me to fill it out. That was that. Again, I asked..."will this wash out?". She says I doubt it. And that was it. So now I have this copy of this form, no information other than what I filled out. What is the next step? No one has contacted me. This happened last Saturday. We came home on Monday.

And NO...it doesn't wash out. :crying:

sierranevada
06-25-2009, 12:14 PM
Since it was caused by a CM and if it did not wash out, I would definitely send a letter to Disneyland. They should offer to replace it.

Guest Communications
PO Box 3232
Anaheim,Califronia 92803-3232

AND:

Ed Grier
President
The Disneyland Resort
1313 Harbor Boulevard
P.O. Box 3232
Anaheim, CA 92803-3232

Others may have better contact information - maybe an email?

Tinkermommy
06-25-2009, 12:37 PM
Can you see it without the blacklight? (I don't mean to be flip, I'm really curious.)

backsthepack
06-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Yes, you can totally see it without the black light. It looks like yellow marker in daylight. If it wasn't visible to the naked eye, I really wouldn't care at all! Or if the jacket were a different color and it wouldn't show it wouldn't bother me in the least! But of course, it had to be the day I wore white.

Tinkermommy
06-25-2009, 12:53 PM
That's intriguing to me! (But it stinks about your jacket.)

Bytebear
06-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Wow, I am surprised they didn't just replace it or refund it, especially if you had just bought it and presumably had the receipt.

dznyphreak
06-25-2009, 01:17 PM
I would have expected a "No Strings Attached" to have been given to you. It's a little slip certain CMs can issue that offers a free replacement for something that may have been ruined.

Drince88
06-25-2009, 01:52 PM
especially if you had just bought it and presumably had the receipt.

I had just spent $55 on this during on trip in March and had not worn it since then.

It was 'brand new' but not newly purchased.

And that ink is a very day-glo color, isn't it. I liked it better when it really was just black-light ink.

cstephens
06-25-2009, 02:07 PM
That was really poor customer service by a number of people. I would go to the Disneyland website and use the "contact me" tool to send them a letter. Tell them what happened, including everyone who pretty much blew you off. I would present just the facts, but also that you're disappointed that no one helped you. I don't think it would be unreasonable for you to ask for a new sweatshirt since it was the fault of the CM, the ink won't wash off, and it's not like it was an old used sweatshirt. Heck, offer to give them back yours so you don't end up with an extra shirt.

I hope they take care of this the right way for you.

AnotherJenny
06-25-2009, 09:18 PM
This happened to me when I was about 10 (in the 80s :eek:). I had my hand out while the CM was talking, and she stamped me right on the shoulder without even looking. Fortunately it did wash out (or at least, I couldn't tell it was there anymore, because I was 10...)

It was a really cool shirt, a white Mickey shirt with a red ringer that my mom had bought in the 70s and never worn. Unfortunately it got washed in hot water and became a pink shirt shortly after that.

I just wanted to share because I loved that shirt :D

backsthepack
06-26-2009, 04:49 AM
Funny thing is that I do, indeed, still have the receipt. I don't know why I still have the receipts from our March trip, but I do. So I emailed them and explained everything, we will see what happens.

Animalia
06-26-2009, 05:30 AM
Sorry to hear about what happened. It used to be that if a CM didn't know the answer to a question, their response would be "But let me see if I can find out". Now I guess the response is to send a guest to City Hall to fill out a form.

You may have already thought of this, but since it's a white jacket, perhaps a spot of bleach on the cuff where the ink is will at least make the color go away so that it's not visible anymore. Good luck with whatever course you take.

backsthepack
06-26-2009, 07:01 AM
I thought about the bleach thing, but it is sort of an off white/cream color. So I think the bleach would actually look worse than the yellow ink! I am sure anyone who has been shopping there recently knows the jacket. It is a sweat shirt, zippered jacket, but looks like a letter jacket sort of. It has the red "55" with Mickey on it.

I do appreciate all of the responses and ideas.

Malcon10t
06-26-2009, 08:28 AM
Not the same, but my son bought a POTC watch last trip, the type you clip to a belt loop. The day we got back, the back of the watch fell off. Since it was clipped to a belt loop, no clue where it fell off. He emailed them, sent it back and they are replacing it. No receipt (he loses them...) I think they will help you out.

danyoung
06-26-2009, 09:31 AM
I'd say be just a little patient and let the system work. A few years ago I had a bit of flaming ash from an Epcot fireworks show land on my head, catching my hair on fire. I got burned a little bit, so I went into First Aid and got it taken care of. I also put in the paperwork for a complaint, and then sorta forgot about it. A couple weeks later I was contacted by someone in Disney's law department, very concerned about me (at least, that was the impression she left). We talked a bit, came up with a number for some cash compensation, and everyone left happy. So sometimes, the system works!

wabby1
06-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Sorry about your jacket...did you go to the vendor where you originally bought it and explain what happened and see if they would have replaced it? Personally, I think that would be a good momento from the park to have that stamped on the sleeve. It's a good story to tell people in case they ask about it. But if you want it replaced or to be compensated, I don't blame you there.

Good luck.

The old man
06-26-2009, 05:24 PM
Sorry about your jacket...did you go to the vendor where you originally bought it and explain what happened and see if they would have replaced it? Personally, I think that would be a good momento from the park to have that stamped on the sleeve. It's a good story to tell people in case they ask about it. But if you want it replaced or to be compensated, I don't blame you there.

Good luck.
And you can always get a whiff of lemon scent.

CariBelle
06-29-2009, 10:17 AM
It was a really cool shirt, a white Mickey shirt with a red ringer that my mom had bought in the 70s and never worn. Unfortunately it got washed in hot water and became a pink shirt shortly after that.

I just wanted to share because I loved that shirt :D

I had a similar shirt in the early 90s, white with red ringers and it had the MMC logo on it. My shirt also got washed in hot water and became a pink shirt with red ringers lol.