PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating 40"....& Father's Day!

fairestoneofall
06-22-2009, 06:32 AM
We went to DL yesterday for Father's Day. It was a beautiful day! The weather was great, crowds were manageable, but most of all DS1 was 40"!!!!

Since DS2 had also grown past 35", we were able to ride the Matterhorn for the frst time as a family. What a treat. We all had a great time. DS2 loved it and asked to go again.

DS1 had a blast riding BTMRR for the first (and second) time. He cried when the ride was over because he didn't want to get off. Luckily we had done the child swap so he was able to ride again with DH.

Had lunch ant CRBBQ, excellent again. DH's first time and he loved it too! Great Father's Day treat!

Then we were off to Splash. DS1 was able to ride it for the first time too....another hit!

We spent 8 hours in the park, very unusual for us! We were having such a great time!! Couldn't have asked for a better visit!

Hannahbelle
06-22-2009, 07:57 AM
We spent 8 hours in the park, very unusual for us! We were having such a great time!! Couldn't have asked for a better visit!

YEAH!!!! So happy you had a great day!

dlfansx4
06-22-2009, 08:34 AM
Awesome! It sounds like a great day!

Don't you just love when the kids hit those milestone heights :-) I realized how nice it was when we took our teenage nephews to the parks for a day and we were able to have all of us (including my 6-year old DS) on the "big kid" rides. I think the only thing he couldn't go on was Indy, Screamin and Maliboomer. My nephews were surprised to see him going on all the other rides with us. We still do the Fantasyland rides, but it sure is nice when you have more options for the entire family :-)