PDA

View Full Version : D.land song stuck in head

Pages : [1] 2

jcruise86
06-21-2009, 05:20 AM
I saw/heard DCA's Pixar Parade on Tuesday at 5:15. We made the mistake of sitting right under a speaker. (I was hoping for bubbles.) Now it's Sunday morning and the music is still stuck in my head in a bad way. I've often heard people joke about this re. the Small World music, and I've had other non-Disney songs stuck in my head for a day, usually pleasantly so. But this tune, which didn't bother me during the parade, is annoying me. After my daughter and I go tomorrow I will probably be ready for the 7-week AP blockout.

njdrummer
06-21-2009, 05:38 AM
Give it a big, dramatic ending in your head. That should make it go away.

Katran
06-21-2009, 05:46 AM
I hate when that happens to me. I usually just have to let it wear itself out, or come up with another song that's less annoying.

jcruise86
06-21-2009, 05:54 AM
Give it a big, dramatic ending in your head. That should make it go away.
Thanks drummer from New Jersey! (Max W. from Conan & Bruce's bands?)
I might loudly play about five of my all-time favorite songs after my daughter wakes up--maybe that will clear out the tune, or at least replace it.

Also (forgive me--I know this is way too much information), my wife gave me an "all-natural" herbal sleeping pill last night and this seems to have combined with the song to maximize brain damage! Don't ever take "all-natural" herbal sleeping pills! It will have been a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me. The "serving size" was two of these horse-sized pills, and they had about 14 ingredients. I felt (and still feel) really dizzy, and I have a headache unlike any other I've ever had. It wraps around the front, sides, and bottom of my brain; and I feel just a touch of nausea. I know this is the digression to end all digressions, but if I save one person from taking an herbal sleeping pill it will have been worth it!
I also wanted to describe this not-FDA-regulated atrocity to exonerate the Pixar Parade song, since it is just a part of what is plaguing my brain.
Writing this post actually made me feel better. Sorry, reader, it didn't do the same for you!

ScottC4746
06-21-2009, 06:18 AM
I saw/heard DCA's Pixar Parade on Tuesday at 5:15. We made the mistake of sitting right under a speaker. (I was hoping for bubbles.) Now it's Sunday morning and the music is still stuck in my head in a bad way. I've often heard people joke about this re. the Small World music, and I've had other non-Disney songs stuck in my head for a day, usually pleasantly so. But this tune, which didn't bother me during the parade, is annoying me. After my daughter and I go tomorrow I will probably be ready for the 7-week AP blockout.

I thought I was the only one who does this. Usually it is the recessional hymn from church that gets stuck there for a week. Last night I was at the park and the last ride I rode was Haunted Manssion so Paul Frees and Grim Grinning Ghosts I was humming and singing all the way home.

Katran
06-21-2009, 06:19 AM
Don't ever take "all-natural" herbal sleeping pills! It will have been a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me. The "serving size" was two of these horse-sized pills, and they had about 14 ingredients. I felt (and still feel) really dizzy, and I have a headache unlike any other I've ever had. It wraps around the front, sides, and bottom of my brain; and I feel just a touch of nausea.

Sorry you're feeling so crummy. I can't take any sleeping pills myself. I don't get headaches, but even a half dose will wipe me out for well over a day, and I'm left feeling groggy, dizzy, and like I'm going to pass out. I hope you're feeling better soon. I sympathize.

jcruise86
06-21-2009, 07:29 AM
Sorry you're feeling so crummy. I can't take any sleeping pills myself. I don't get headaches, but even a half dose will wipe me out for well over a day, and I'm left feeling groggy, dizzy, and like I'm going to pass out. I hope you're feeling better soon. I sympathize.
Thanks! I'm better now and the song is finally out of my skull!

Also, Scott, last night my (almost) four-year-old and I were watching "Frosty the Snowman" on video, and I was happy to recognize Paul Frees' voice as Santa.

Sesameguy
06-21-2009, 08:13 AM
I hate when that happens to me. I usually just have to let it wear itself out, or come up with another song that's less annoying.

That's how I do it! The song doesn't necessarily have to be less annoying. I've found that just putting another song in your head for a minute will "cancel" both of them out. It goes back to chemistry class, where "like charges repel each other." :)

"Small World" is still the best Disneyland example, since it is sung throughout the entire ride, rather than only appearing rather briefly, like "grim grinning ghosts."

hlr8705
06-21-2009, 09:04 AM
The song that is always stuck in my head as soon as someone says D-Land is the one sung at the opening, Celebrate You, buy Corbin Blue...

trypticon
06-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Ugh, I've had the grim grinning ghosts song stuck in my head almost nonstop since 2004. Sometimes another song or set of songs will pop in for a few months to replace it, but when they go, it's right back to Grim Grinning Ghosts come out to socialize!!

Katran
06-21-2009, 09:29 AM
Ugh, I've had the grim grinning ghosts song stuck in my head almost nonstop since 2004. Sometimes another song or set of songs will pop in for a few months to replace it, but when they go, it's right back to Grim Grinning Ghosts come out to socialize!!

While I love that song, I can see how a 5-year stretch would get pretty irritating, lol!

K & S
06-21-2009, 09:40 AM

Try listening to Barry Manilow singing "At the Copa?" Of course being stuck with that could be even worse.

Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl

Katran
06-21-2009, 09:43 AM
Try listening to Barry Manilow singing "At the Copa?" Of course being stuck with that could be even worse.

Nononononononono!!! *plugs ears* Lalalalalalalalalala!!!!

TowerofTerror
06-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Tikki Tikki in The Tikki rooms the song currently stuck in my head

jkweitzel
06-21-2009, 09:57 AM
At this point I would love to have a DL song stuck in my head. Even IASW wouldn't be too bad. It's been years!!:)

ChurroGirl
06-21-2009, 11:37 AM
UGH the song that always gets stuck in my head is from the Disneyland USA DVD, the part where they to the thencential(sp?)
The Happy Birthday Disneyland song with the dancing cake?! I always get that in my brain, its there right now actually,

10 yrs of fantasy, 10yrs of fun, 10 yrs of growing and you've only just begun!

ScottC4746
06-21-2009, 11:52 AM
What about Baroque Hoedown? That would always get stuck in my head.

Michael_Lee
06-21-2009, 01:22 PM
For me it's Sunday Clothes from Wall-E

foolishmortal
06-21-2009, 02:07 PM
JCruise glad the song got out of head! Careful with the "natural" herb thing. the FDA found high levels of lead , arsenic and other toxic stuff in the non-reg stuff.

The sorn' or Space mountain music gets in my head a lot! The Happy Birthday song is my kids fav to sing in the car!
That one sticks with you for days!!!!:p

Hope everyone's ear wigs get un-stuck!

D15
06-21-2009, 05:20 PM
UGH the song that always gets stuck in my head is from the Disneyland USA DVD, the part where they to the thencential(sp?)
The Happy Birthday Disneyland song with the dancing cake?! I always get that in my brain, its there right now actually,

10 yrs of fantasy, 10yrs of fun, 10 yrs of growing and you've only just begun!

10 years of building on a dream that never ends, 10 years of happiness for 50 million friends!

And now it's stuck in my head too :p But I'd rather have Disneyland songs in my head than other ones, helps me pretend I'm there! :fez:

fairestoneofall
06-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Last year the DL 'theme' song from Brother Bear was stuck in my head for like four months.....
This is our family time...Oh no, not again!!!

trypticon
06-22-2009, 06:46 AM
Last year the DL 'theme' song from Brother Bear was stuck in my head for like four months.....
This is our family time...Oh no, not again!!!

That's a good song, and I really liked the parade of dreams. The Disneyland website lists that the parade is still running, but I was of the mind that it ended in January of this year.

What really got me into that parade was one of the dancers for the Beauty and the Beast float. She was gorgeous, and really knew how to suduce the men in the audience, as they were about all she paid attention to. It was one of those moments that you look back on, and wished you'd introduced yourself.

But yeah, the Brother Bear song was good for the parade, and I was surprised it had come from that movie.

codewoman
06-22-2009, 07:21 AM

Guess what song ran through my head all last night after I read your post? :~D

Hannahbelle
06-22-2009, 08:47 AM
LOL!!! This thread is making me laugh out loud (for real)!
My kids had a "DIsneyland sing a long" video when they were little and the "walking right down the middle of Main Street USA aaaaaa!" song always got stuck in my head and now it's there because I thought of it! Ha ha!!:rolleyes:

ScottC4746
06-23-2009, 04:48 AM
Here is a link listing all the music loops so you can find the music and listen over and over and over and over and over....:p
http://www.disneymusicloops.com/