PDA

View Full Version : Prices for Disneyland Photo Pass increasing too?

T1nkerbe11Fan
06-18-2009, 08:42 AM
I read the thread about the photo pass for WDW increasing to $149 but what are the current prices for the DL photo pass and is that increasing as well?

Hannahbelle
06-18-2009, 10:06 AM
I read the thread about the photo pass for WDW increasing to $149 but what are the current prices for the DL photo pass and is that increasing as well?

Wow, whats $149.00?
I thought you spent what you wanted.....

Hannahbelle
06-18-2009, 10:13 AM
We did a trip one time where we really took alot of pictures with the cast member photographers, because there was a large group of us and we wanted us ALL to be in the photos. We paid $59.99 for the first CD which had ALL the photo pass pictures and than an additional CD was $19.99.
This was nice because than we could get them developed on our own and they even include the pictures that you put enhancements on. I thought it was an expensive but worth it purchase.

DisneylandDad
06-18-2009, 10:30 AM
Last week ours cost $59 maybe 59.99. Ours had 173 pictures but the CM who helped us said he had heard of guests with as many as 400-500 pictures on them. We had about 50 pictures just from Pixie Hollow and the PFF and another 15 or 20 from the Pat E Cake Bday party.

Hannahbelle
06-18-2009, 10:39 AM
YES, I have heard that too! I have friends that go for a whole week and the price of the CD is the same whether you have 2 or 200 pictures! Good deal if you're there with just yourself and one other because than you can both be in the photos.

Drince88
06-18-2009, 10:43 AM
The price quoted was for the CD. The CD is more expensive if you have WDW pictures vs DL pictures. I think it's based off of the last card number entered into your account that hasn't yet expired (and would therefore be on the CD).

The 'theory' is that there are more places at WDW to have your picture taken, but I don't really think people GET to more places in any one day, they're just there more days and OVER THOSE DAYS get to more different places to have their picture taken.

fairestoneofall
06-18-2009, 11:10 AM
The price quoted was for the CD. The CD is more expensive if you have WDW pictures vs DL pictures. I think it's based off of the last card number entered into your account that hasn't yet expired (and would therefore be on the CD).

The 'theory' is that there are more places at WDW to have your picture taken, but I don't really think people GET to more places in any one day, they're just there more days and OVER THOSE DAYS get to more different places to have their picture taken.

This is EXACTLY how it workds! We spent a week at WDW and loaded a photopass card with a couple hundred photos, but didn't want to pay $129 at WDW when I'd spent only $59 previously at DL. So, a week after we came home from WDW we went to DCA JUST to get a photo taken......MAGIC!!! I only paid $59 for the whole CD. A bit of info that the photopass people don't offer up voluntarily!!

Hannahbelle
06-18-2009, 11:13 AM
Aaaaah! I like your thinking Fairest.......

fairestoneofall
06-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Aaaaah! I like your thinking Fairest.......

Heck yeah...I'm a deal finder!! One of the perks of being local too!!

T1nkerbe11Fan
06-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Yeah last time we were in DL it was $60 for the CD and that was Dec of 07' so I wasnt sure if i missed something :) I was hoping that WDW was just so expensive because of all of the parks etc there and a LOT more photo ops but I wanted to make sure before our trip this Dec. So is it still $59 at DL?

fairestoneofall
06-18-2009, 12:47 PM
It was $59 as of Feb 1st this year.

T1nkerbe11Fan
06-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Thanks Fairest........Its just always nice to not be shocked if our expecting 1 price and all of a sudden its a lot more than you expected. We always try and budget way out for character meals etc to make sure we have enough for what we really want to do :fez:

HobbitFeet
06-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Yeah last time we were in DL it was $60 for the CD and that was Dec of 07' so I wasnt sure if i missed something :) I was hoping that WDW was just so expensive because of all of the parks etc there and a LOT more photo ops but I wanted to make sure before our trip this Dec. So is it still $59 at DL?

You sure you weren't part of a share then? Because the cost was higher then. It was the same price as at WDW then.

In early '08 they started messing with the price, and it settled down to the 59.95 plus shipping (before, they didn't charge extra shipping) about a year ago.

I have active pictures on my account, and it's still the same 59.95 plus shipping.

in addition, they have a NEW thing, a CD that you can upload your own personal pictures to then add the borders and graphics from the photopass site. 19.95 for that one, and I assume shipping is extra. Many people want to put their personal pix onto their photopass CD, but you can't do it...so this might be a fun little thing in addition to the proper photopass CD. Wish they'd do a "bundle" price, though...I can justify even the cost of the WDW CD b/c getting the rights to pictures of you is a big deal...but paying to get pictures that you owned already feels funny...though the cost of the labor, supplies, and making the graphics available to you are worth *something*, of course.

T1nkerbe11Fan
06-18-2009, 06:26 PM
No we weren't part of a share then and Im the one who had to turn ion the photopass for the CD and it only cost me $60 and we havent been to DL since 12/07. So as long as it seems to be the same price or at least close to it Im ok with that.... the main reason we do it is for all of the family pics that actually have everyone in it and sinc my hubby and I get 1 full day of just the 2 of us its the best way for us to get good pics of just him and I :D

HobbitFeet
06-19-2009, 09:00 AM
That's just weird then! We went in Sept '07 and did a share, but the full price was the same as WDW. Went again in Dec '07 and did photopass CD again, and it was the same price that it had been in Sept. Weird weird weird.

Then Jan '08 I saw signs at a lower price, about 74.95...I would wonder if your trip was later Dec than ours, but the prices still don't match up. Very odd. You got lucky or we were unlucky!

It's nice the price is so relatively low for DLR, though. :)