PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant to appear in Lakers Victory Parade at Disneyland on Thursday at 10am.

Pages : [1] 2

AVP
06-17-2009, 10:25 AM
I've asked Disney for more details, specifically info about exactly when and how spectators can get into the park to see the parade, and I'll post that info as soon as I get it. With 95,000 people packing the Colosseum this morning, I imagine there might be just a little interest in the Disneyland parade. Kobe is the only player currently confirmed to appear, but others might be added later.

AVP

olegc
06-17-2009, 01:10 PM
yeah - but how many of those 95K are AP holders? The coliseum event was free. I am sure it will be crowded - but different...

backsthepack
06-17-2009, 01:40 PM
We are arriving tomorrow between 9-10am...will this be a problem as far as traffic in the area? We are heading to our hotel and planning on heading to the parks from there.

mckygirl99
06-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Do you know if this will be a huge media event? I was just at the park, which is empty by the way, and was told they are expecting huge crowds tomorrow and if alot of media show up, it will be a MESS! I was going to take the day off to go b/c I didn't want to do the LA thing but maybe I will just wait for the ceremony at the first game of the season.

Hard decision since the Lakers and DL are my thing!! I know Kobe is a HUGE Disney fan too.

Burnt Toast
06-17-2009, 02:54 PM
I am going to be Media Hosting tomorrow, if that's any indication.

Good to know that the Parks were slow today... just goes to show that there's just too many APs. :D j/k!!!

The old man
06-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Too bad Disney is celebrating this disgusting wife-cheater and accused rapist. He did however, buy his wife off with a huge diamond ring--she seemed satisfied.

AVP
06-17-2009, 04:20 PM
Do you know if this will be a huge media event?I know that it's a larger event than originally planned.

I am going to be Media Hosting tomorrow, if that's any indication.Oh cool, see you there! Maybe you'll get assigned to me this time. :~D (Trust me, you won't have to worry about any geeky fan girl reactions on this one...)

AVP

AVP
06-17-2009, 05:04 PM
The official word from Disney is that the Mickey & Friends parking structure will open at 6:30 a.m. Disneyland will open at 7 a.m. for Magic Morning (a benefit offered to guests of the three Disneyland Resort Hotels), and will then open at 8:00 to the general public.

Disneyland Resort security will NOT allow people to line up, camp out or wait in Downtown Disney tonight, so please don't go there at midnight expecting to be allowed to stay until the park opens.

The parade will be at 10:00 a.m. down Main Street, so you'll have a wait of at least 2 hours from the time the park opens the public. It's been sunny the last two days - June gloom looks to be over - so bring hats, sunscreen and liquid.

AVP

newhdplayer
06-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Too bad Disney is celebrating this disgusting wife-cheater and accused rapist. He did however, buy his wife off with a huge diamond ring--she seemed satisfied.

What did Clinton buy Hillary?

TowerofTerror
06-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Awesome deal they did a a parade last time at disneyland when they won back in 2002

The old man
06-17-2009, 08:50 PM
It sure wasn't a six carat diamond ring.

I wouldn't go to a parade for him either.

Rufus T Firefly
06-17-2009, 09:59 PM

What will Senator Ensign buy Mrs. Ensign?

olegc
06-17-2009, 10:37 PM
What will Senator Ensign buy Mrs. Ensign?

wow! up to the minute scandal :p

seriously. let's talk about the logistics of the parade and crowds - not whether the guy's morals are suspect. That's for the Lounge...

Drince88
06-18-2009, 03:42 AM
Disneyland Resort security will NOT allow people to line up, camp out or wait in Downtown Disney tonight, so please don't go there at midnight expecting to be allowed to stay until the park opens.

Didn't they say that about the Jonas Brothers (I think that was the group)? I wonder if they actually stuck to it this time.

danyoung
06-18-2009, 06:53 AM

Things are not always as they appear. From the wikipedia article -

"On July 15, three days before Bryant was charged with sexual assault, Faber allegedly bragged about having sex with Bryant at a party... Steve Evancho told NBC News that he was surprised when Faber showed up at his house party. “She was bragging about the whole thing," Evancho said, adding that the woman seemed "happy. She was having fun." "

The case against him was dropped, and the civil suit was settled out of court for an undisclosed sum. So yes, he cheated on his wife. Too bad that he's the first person in history to be guilty of that.

Niwel
06-18-2009, 08:26 AM
Friendly reminder: This is a thread about the parade. If you want to talk about something other than that (which is totally fine), please take it to the Lounge.

I hope they show the WDW prez walking down her Main Street wearing the Lakers Mickey hat.

9volt
06-18-2009, 09:07 AM
Ugh! I can't stand not being there right now! For those of you who made it, please post your pics! I'd love to see them. :)

TikiGeek
06-18-2009, 09:13 AM
Too bad Disney is celebrating this disgusting wife-cheater and accused rapist. Nice choice Disney - he's an awesome role model - I can't wait for his book on dating. :rolleyes:

...settled out of court for an undisclosed sum. So yes, he cheated on his wife. Again, what a wholesome role model - it speaks volumes about the "new" Disney attitude. What a shame.

TikiGeek
06-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Friendly reminder: This is a thread about the parade. If you want to talk about something other than that (which is totally fine), please take it to the Lounge.I apologize - I missed this warning. I withdraw the comment.

pixar
06-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Was Luke Walton at this parade?

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/kobe_bryant_proves_he_can_win?utm_source=a-section

With the Lakers' 99-86 victory over the Magic in Game 5 of the NBA Finals, Kobe Bryant silenced critics by achieving what most had thought impossible: winning an NBA title with Luke Walton on his team.

:D

fairestoneofall
06-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Well????
How did it go????

greinstein
06-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Just got back (to work). The "Parade" was 15-20 Disney characters in front of the generic celeb. float with Kobe, Mickey & a few others. No other Lakers.

I was surprised--not very crowded. 2-3 deep around the "x-mas tree area, and thinning as you walked up Main St. @ 9:00. By parade time more people, but not any more than for a regular parade. I watched by the Matterhorn-Alice bathroom area. Very few people. One deep, at most when Kobe came by. Purple and gold confetti on Main Street with celebrate music .

I was hoping for more, but fun to see.

AVP
06-18-2009, 12:06 PM
A handful of photos from today's parade, and the post-parade interview sessions.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/blog.php?b=451

Enjoy!

AVP

TowerofTerror
06-18-2009, 01:05 PM
thought it would have been more crowded for the parade but it wasnt

olegc
06-18-2009, 01:16 PM
thought it would have been more crowded for the parade but it wasnt

well, the majority of follks interviewed at the parade in Downtown Los Angeles all said they have NEVER seen any Laker in person because they could not afford it - and that the parade and party at the Coliseum were their only chance. So - this to me is a great reason why it was not so crowded down main street. That - and the fact that the only place to know about it in advance was here or other fan boards. Whereas the main parade was talked about on every single TV and radio station since Sunday night.

ADD - from the photos by AVP it looked very well attended. Not light (but not screaming crazy either). I guess Security is better at Disneyland and does not allow for busting fences open.