PDA

View Full Version : Adventureland area music?

swcrazy
01-05-2003, 09:43 PM
I was wondering if there was any area music in Adventureland. Specifially congo type jungle music?

Come to think of it, which lands have area music and which ones don't?

Thanks

gn2dlnd
01-05-2003, 11:25 PM
I don't know what "congo type jungle music" would be, but no, Adventureland doesn't have area music. There is a shared fake radio broadcast for the queues of Jungle Cruise and Indiana Jones, and the Treehouse has its own soundtrack. If you're looking for the "native" music from the Jungle Cruise, it seems to me that it was available on the Disneyland Forever discs in the track labeled "Jungle Sounds."
Main Street, Toontown, New Orleans Square, and Frontierland all have area music that is broadcast pretty much throughout each of those areas. Fantasyland has a number of areas with their own soundtracks (Castle, Wishing Well, Teacups, Small World, carrousel), Tomorrowland has the Twirlatron, and Critter Country used to have area music, but I don't remember hearing any today.
Pretty much every area in DCA has its own music.

Laffite
01-06-2003, 02:14 AM
"Jungle sounds" is just a 9:39 minute track with sounds of birds and things that sounds like.... jungle. I think it's used for both JC and Indy.

Preston

rexfarms
01-06-2003, 04:21 PM
Remember when on top of Traders they had a Steel Drum band? They were good. :)

tangaroa
01-07-2003, 11:27 AM
If you're referring to pre-recorded music played on speakers, than no, Adventureland doesn't have any area music.

The Jungle Cruise and Indiana Jones both have radio programs which play in their respective queues, but they are not the same. The Indy radio reports news about Indy, while the Jungle Cruise radio reports news thruout the Jungle. They also have slightly different playlists.

The Tribal drums from the native village, and some other assorted tropical sounds were available on the Disneyland Forever system in a track called "Jungle Sounds". It was just shy of 2 minutes, and would probably be easy to find on a file sharing program. Another Disneyland forever track offered up some of the news segments you could hear on the radio in the queue. That would was called "Radio News."

I don't have a 9 minute "Jungle Sounds" track, but I do have the 7 minute version from the exit of Indiana Jones. Very Interesting.

Other areas of Disneyland which have music loops:

Main Entrance/Esplanade
Main Street
Plaza Inn
Jungle Cruise Queue
Indiana Jones Queue
New Orleans Square
NOS Riverfront
Critter Country/Splash Mountain Queue
Big Thunder Mountain Queue
Frontierland/Golden Horseshoe
Village Haus/Matterhorn
Fantasyland Carousel
Toontown
Autopia Queue
Space Mountain Concourse/Bathroom

MammaSilva
01-07-2003, 11:57 AM
I'm sure there are more than one, but my favorite steel drum band that used to play on top of the boat house for JC was called Alturas... I still kick myself for not buying the CD when they were there, we really enjoyed the music....

cstephens
01-07-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
Remember when on top of Traders they had a Steel Drum band? They were good. :)

Yep, I love them. Aren't they just there during the summertime?

rexfarms
01-07-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by mammasilva
I'm sure there are more than one, but my favorite steel drum band that used to play on top of the boat house for JC was called Alturas... I still kick myself for not buying the CD when they were there, we really enjoyed the music....

You cant find the CD any place else? Or even download it?

MammaSilva
01-07-2003, 07:14 PM
I didn't think to look last week while we were at the parks... I have it on my 'to do' list for our run in April :) I don't download music online....no CDR-W to convert it to 'usable' CD format :)

Not Afraid
01-07-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by mammasilva
I didn't think to look last week while we were at the parks... I have it on my 'to do' list for our run in April :) I don't download music online....no CDR-W to convert it to 'usable' CD format :)

I have one of their CD's. I actually hired them to perform at a concert series and some other events I did a few years ago. I'll burn you a copy. When are you down next?

MammaSilva
01-07-2003, 07:20 PM
right now the 'plan' is spring break ....I'd love a copy of their CD .. thanks for the offer :)

rexfarms
01-07-2003, 07:22 PM
You cant get it online either? Just because you dont have a burner, you could still enjoy the music while reading MP. :D

MammaSilva
01-07-2003, 07:25 PM
I could, but actually I have all sounds turned off on the computer, Brandy plays just outside the office doors and I need to be able to hear the slightest change in her breathing/sounds....it's a special needs mom thing :) so I never listen to music or stuff while I'm on the computer and it's such a habit that I never turn the sounds on when she is at school either....

rexfarms
01-07-2003, 07:51 PM
I got ya.

JeffG
01-08-2003, 09:32 AM
I'm not sure if there are other albums featuring the steel band as well, but you can purchase "Beauty and the Beat", their collection of Disney music, directly from Delos Records at this link:

http://www.delosmus.com/de40/de4027.html

Some here may recognize the name of the album's producer, who also signed the description on the above order page... :)

-Jeff