PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland's 54th Anniversary

ScottC4746
06-16-2009, 04:38 AM
I am wanting to go for the 54th which is Friday 17 July. We are nearly 30 days away and have not heard any hype. Are they doing anything special like they have past anniversaries or should I wait until next year for the 55th?

K & S
06-16-2009, 06:52 AM
Last year there was a brief ceremony on Main Street and that was it. CMs had special buttons but there was no birthday merchandise for guests to buy.

Wait for the 55th.

Hannahbelle
06-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Yes, I think they only produce the merchandise every 5 years.

olegc
06-16-2009, 11:04 AM
I am wanting to go for the 54th which is Friday 17 July. We are nearly 30 days away and have not heard any hype. Are they doing anything special like they have past anniversaries or should I wait until next year for the 55th?

and you won't hear hype. There is no annual event. On the day, as stated above, they play the Walt speech, etc. and may hand out buttons at the gate - but that's it. they tend to have pins as well.

This year D23 is doing something - but it's a hard ticket event (and will probably be hard to get too) only open to members.

next year is the 55th - and they may see some added bump up in advertising and some merchandise but I still think they will hold off on anything big. They're saving all of their money for 2011 and the relaunch of DCA ;-)