PDA

View Full Version : What that about Tom Sawyer Island?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

experiment626
01-05-2003, 08:56 PM
I have been out of the loop on Disneyland. I know that parts of the island have been closed off for "safety reasons." But in another post, it makes it sound like they are removing it completely. I know they are doing much need refurb on the Rivers of America, so the island will be closed until the refurb is done. But are they closing the island completely up the complition of the river?? Any info, please.

rexfarms
01-05-2003, 09:04 PM
I doubt it, Fantasmic! wouldnt work very well without it. I hope they dont mess up TSI too much because I really love it but never spend all that much time there.

HBTiggerFan
01-05-2003, 09:40 PM
The fort is going away as are the closed bridges. They are supposed to be building a play type area on TSI now.

rexfarms
01-05-2003, 10:23 PM
What is a play thing like? [And is it true they are taking away the rope bridges at Redwood?]

HBTiggerFan
01-05-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
What is a play thing like? [And is it true they are taking away the rope bridges at Redwood?]

Hopefully the play area will be like the thing at DCA.

And a bunch of us padders went to DCA tonight to play on the ropes like they were going away for ever, and the Disney Security came walkin around in there and we asked them, and they said they are just replacing the ropes with new ropes.

stitcher
01-06-2003, 12:14 AM
they said they are just replacing the ropes with new ropes.

Haven't we heard something on this order before?

ldsguy
01-06-2003, 07:47 AM
Well, actually, our oh so wonderfull (read major sarcasim in the previous word) new theme park safetey commission is forcing them to make changes on the Island.....while in some respects I hate to see these changes, in others it's a good thing as it will force them to make the Island ADA compliant, which it needs terribly, thus widening the caves for wheel chairs where needed, no not the entire cave has to be accessable under ADA, like the secret passagways and other places that adults wouldn't reasonably be expected to be able to fit into, but the main part of the cave will. Obviously there are things that won't be wheel chair accessible, like the tree house because it wouldn't be feasible to do so, but there are large parts that can be considered reasonable modifications that can and will have to be made as well.

innerSpaceman
01-06-2003, 04:04 PM
I don't know what they are planning on doing, but boy was it ever so much fun to play on the Suspension Bridge and the Pontoon Bridge yesterday, despite the fact that they were purportedly closed, and despite the "bad example" that I set for dozens of kids who then wanted to play on the closed bridges.

The Suspension Bridge was particularly fun since it was covered with leaves and debris, looked like something out of an Indiana Jones movie, and - for lack of any maintenance for the past 3 years - honestly seemed like it could have collapsed at any moment.

rexfarms
01-06-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
I don't know what they are planning on doing, but boy was it ever so much fun to play on the Suspension Bridge and the Pontoon Bridge yesterday, despite the fact that they were purportedly closed, and despite the "bad example" that I set for dozens of kids who then wanted to play on the closed bridges.

The Suspension Bridge was particularly fun since it was covered with leaves and debris, looked like something out of an Indiana Jones movie, and - for lack of any maintenance for the past 3 years - honestly seemed like it could have collapsed at any moment.

Bad, bad innerSpaceman! lol jk;)

MonorailMan
01-06-2003, 05:12 PM
Even though ISm got a trip on the old bridge, Zapppop was officially the last (that I know of) person on both the suspension and pontoon bridges. :D

zapppop
01-06-2003, 05:22 PM
Well, I couldn't let innerSpaceman have ALL the fun could I ?

ldsguy
01-06-2003, 08:27 PM
Well, on Sat. CMs were watching these locations like hawks, you should have seen the looks I got from them just going over to take pictures......I am still shocked that I didn't get yelled at for standing on a Bench to take a picture over the fence that blocks ther other 1/2 the island.

cemeinke
01-06-2003, 08:31 PM
So how many Mouse Padders can you fit in Tom Sawyer's tree house anyway?

Not Afraid
01-06-2003, 08:33 PM
The Treehouse is a fabulous place to take pictures - both inside and out!

ryguy
01-06-2003, 11:26 PM
how are they going to get to the TSM while the river is drained any ways is the river shallow enough to hike over there or what

MonorailMan
01-07-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by ryguy
how are they going to get to the TSM while the river is drained any ways is the river shallow enough to hike over there or what

The river is only about 4ft deep. :)

innerSpaceman
01-07-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
Well, I couldn't let innerSpaceman have ALL the fun could I ?
Ha! You'd be amazed at how much fun Zapp lets me have!

zapppop
01-07-2003, 04:46 PM
Likewise

cstephens
01-07-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman

Did you really play on the closed bridges, or are you just joking?

zapppop
01-07-2003, 05:29 PM
you'll never know

HBTiggerFan
01-07-2003, 05:30 PM
I'll never tell

cemeinke
01-07-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
Did you really play on the closed bridges, or are you just joking?

If you joined us at the meet - you'd know ;) :~)

zapppop
01-07-2003, 05:35 PM
should've come

ryguy
01-07-2003, 08:09 PM
cool deal thanks learn some thing new everyday

stitcher
01-07-2003, 08:54 PM
I didn't see anything, I didn't hear anything, I didn't say anything.