PDA

View Full Version : Club 33?

T1nkerbe11Fan
06-14-2009, 05:28 PM
I just wanted to start this and see if anyone has any insights to Club 33. My family and I are traveling there in December and Club 33 is one of the very few places we have never been. Since my husband and I have 1 date night the week we are there I wanted to try and supprise him with somethings truely unique and special. Its been such a hard year with him getting laid off and he worked so hard to find a new job and his whole drive is to be able to support our family to allow me to stay home with the girls. Ive never really been able to thank him for everything he has done for myself and the girls and its so hard to find something as special and unique as Club 33. If anyone has any insights on the restaurant I would truely appreciate it. A husband and special and loving as mine deserves more than I could ever give and this would come close to showing him just how much hes loved and appreciated.

Thanks for any help you can give!!!!

disneylandgirl
06-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong... but I thought you had to be a member of Club 33 in order to eat there... ?

Donald Duck Fan68
06-14-2009, 05:34 PM
You have to be a member of Club 33 (or a guest of a member) in order to gain entrance into the club.

T1nkerbe11Fan
06-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Thats a little disheartening. I may have to write of that idea though nothing comes close to that. :(

Malcon10t
06-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Thats a little disheartening. I may have to write of that idea though nothing comes close to that. :(Yes, you either need to be a member or be a guest of a member.

Another issue would be since he was laid off, and things appear to have been tight, be aware that Club 33 meals start off about $65 per person.

If you want to treat him to a nice dinner, Napa Rose is a nicer restaurant according to many here.

tod
06-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Let me put this bluntly: Not gonna happen.

Club 33 is an exclusive, private club. It costs a small fortune to join, and dues are pretty high as well, reportedly in the four-figure range everhy year.

Reportedly, members are responsible for the conduct of their guests. If a guest acts inappropriately, the full wrath of the club will come down on the sponsoring member.

TLMt and I are members of a less-exclusive club that is nonetheless a subject of interest to some people. We can issue guest passes to that club, but at our club we ARE responsible for our guests' behavior and if we give a guest pass to a jerk, the jerk may get expelled from the club and endanger our membership.

We are VERY selective about who we give guest passes to. And even if I am carrying a guest pass in my wallet, if I don't know somebody -- I don't give them a pass.

If -- IF -- there is a Club 33 member currently active on the board, they will never cop to it (nobody ever does) and they will not issue you a guest pass (nobody ever has).

I do not like to be the bearer of bad news, but rather than let you twist in the wind I thought you should know.

Sorry.

--t

T1nkerbe11Fan
06-14-2009, 06:04 PM
Fortunatly Malcon he got a new job in April which has been a blessing because it is actually better than the position before. So Ill look into an alternative like Napa Rose Thanks so much for the suggestion.

Tod,
I appreciate your "brutal honestly" however Im not looking for hand outs mearly information and suggestions. All I am doing is trying to make one night memerable for someone who has done so much for me. I realize that you may have had negative experience with people who seek you out to use your connections and Im sorry it shouldn't be that way but please don't assume every person is like that. I take a lot of pride in what we sacrifice to give to our family and expecting people to just give you anything is arrogant and not the way I operate. So thank you for your words however wasted on me because I never ask nor expect to get anything handed to me.

bennette
06-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Please see AVP's fairly recent post announcing our new policy of not allowing any solicitations regarding Club 33 here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=124159&highlight=club).

Much as I understand the desire behind your request, it is unlikely to be accommodated here and are now, in fact, against policy because they rarely lead to positive outcomes.

Regretfully,

Elizabeth

P.S. I am sure the folks here would be happy to help with suggestions for some other unique opportunity for your husband.

T1nkerbe11Fan
06-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Again as I said i was looking for information nothing more and since some people are jumping the gun thinking I asking for handouts I have continued research and have decided on Steakhouse 55 at the DL hotel. Im a little disappointed that this turned into an issue of solicitation. Nowhere did I ever ask anyone to make a reservation for me or use their membership just a simple looking for info and suggestions.

So disappointed that people are so paranoid and judgemental as to assume I must be pining for someone with a membership.

leota's necklace
06-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Please don't take it personally. The Padders who responded to you are not paranoid or judgemental, but accustomed to the request -- if you look back through the board you will see how often this issue would come up, and your post did sound like a lead-up to a solicitation, even if you didn't mean it that way.

Steakhouse 55 is a great restaurant and I am sure you'll have a lovely dinner. If you are able, do be sure to give Napa Rose a try, as the menu there is amazing.

disney42dude
06-14-2009, 06:53 PM
I totally got where you were coming from TinkFan. I hope you guys have a great trip. :cool:

Malcon10t
06-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Again as I said i was looking for information nothing more and since some people are jumping the gun thinking I asking for handouts I have continued research and have decided on Steakhouse 55 at the DL hotel.
The solicitation happens very frequently here. (See examples here.) (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=119498&highlight=club) I'm sorry if that wasn't your intent and we took it that way. Your post sounded like every other post "not asking" for reservations.

That said, keep an ear open for when they reopen the waiting list for membership. Membership is currently limited to about 450. They closed the waiting list 2-3 years ago. I've been on the list for about 7 years now. For several years, they haven't even taken any new members (which means everyone paid their dues and no one died...) When it does reopen for membership, get on the list. It will take years to get a membership, but at least you can say you are on the waiting list!

disney42dude
06-14-2009, 07:24 PM
That said, keep an ear open for when they reopen the waiting list for membership. Membership is currently limited to about 450. They closed the waiting list 2-3 years ago. I've been on the list for about 7 years now. For several years, they haven't even taken any new members (which means everyone paid their dues and no one died...) When it does reopen for membership, get on the list. It will take years to get a membership, but at least you can say you are on the waiting list!

That's great. Thanks! How would one find out when they reopen the waiting list?

Malcon10t
06-14-2009, 07:33 PM
That's great. Thanks! How would one find out when they reopen the waiting list?According to what I had been told, they will reopen when the wait drops below 10 years. Just like the closure and all that led up to the closure, it will probably be posted here when it happens.

For the OP, some other ideas for a romantic evening in the park would be to get Premium seating to either Fantasmic! or the Electrical Parade. I believe at the Electrical Parade, you get wine and cheeses. At Napa Rose, many like getting the Chef's counter.

tod
06-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Tod,
I appreciate your "brutal honestly" however Im not looking for hand outs mearly information and suggestions.
So thank you for your words however wasted on me because I never ask nor expect to get anything handed to me.

Coulda fooled me, it really looked like you were asking somebody to give you a guest pass to Club 33.

But if you are just looking for ideas, that's entirely different.

Good luck.

--t

AVP
06-14-2009, 08:51 PM
As bennette correctly stated above, MousePad does not allow solicitations for Club 33 access, and this thread is closed. If you have questions about our Club 33 policy, please refer to this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=124159), or contact a moderator.

AVP