PDA

View Full Version : Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters...

Pages : [1] 2 3

fairestoneofall
06-12-2009, 06:43 PM
So, when DH and I go to DL sans kiddos we have a "Buzz Battle". I'm pleased to announce that I OWNED him yesterday. I got my all time high score.... 544,700!!!

DebT
06-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Congrats! That's awesome. And I was really proud of myself when I got 140,000 in May....;)

candles71
06-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Wow that is so awesome. My high score is mumble;);) Actually our last trip I got a new high score but don't remember it, but was nowhere near that.

Mrs Mouse
06-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Wow that is so awesome. My high score is mumble ;);)

What a small world - that's my high score, too! :p My DH always beats me on BLAB, no matter what I do.

Well done, fairestoneofall! That score is really impressive!

fairestoneofall
06-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Thank you guys. DH is SOOO competitve, this and Boggle are the only places I have ANY hope at a win!!!

angcould
06-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Congrats fairest!!!! we won't even talk about mine, grins.....sad, truly sad

aznewsboy
06-13-2009, 07:53 AM
I'm no where near that. All I can brag about is that I can beat my kids so that's pretty sad. I think I get near 150,000 but I can't beat my hubby even when I'm trying hard & he's video-taping half the ride. I can hold my own against him on Toy Story Mania though.

Hannahbelle
06-15-2009, 08:51 AM
Soooooo, anyone else brave enough to comment on this:

My So CAL buddy ALWAYS ALWAYS blows us out of the water on Buzz scores, so we just thought that she was good from always being at the park. Well, we finally got her to let us in on a little secret; however, I haven't tried it yet and don't know specifically what shes talking about, so I thought Id ask if anyone else has heard of this:
there are supposedly "unmarked" targets on the ride that rack up points! I have witnessed her scores, so I know for a fact she is on to something?? I will try to get more info from her, but I may have to be sneaky about it.....

I guess I shouldn't of used the word "brave" I should say is anyone else willing to let us in on any scoring secrets besides the obvious: shoot them when they are lit up!?

fairestoneofall
06-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Soooooo, anyone else brave enough to comment on this:

My So CAL buddy ALWAYS ALWAYS blows us out of the water on Buzz scores, so we just thought that she was good from always being at the park. Well, we finally got her to let us in on a little secret; however, I haven't tried it yet and don't know specifically what shes talking about, so I thought Id ask if anyone else has heard of this:
there are supposedly "unmarked" targets on the ride that rack up points! I have witnessed her scores, so I know for a fact she is on to something?? I will try to get more info from her, but I may have to be sneaky about it.....

I guess I shouldn't of used the word "brave" I should say is anyone else willing to let us in on any scoring secrets besides the obvious: shoot them when they are lit up!?

There ARE targets that give your score a significant 'boost'....I just refuse to tell DH about them. There are few things I can beat him at.

Hannahbelle
06-15-2009, 09:47 AM
oh man, I love it!!!
Yes, my husband says I will NEVER beat him, I'm gonna have to get some target secrets from you, fairestoneofall, so I can have bragging rights too! MY DH loves it because I get so serious and competitive, but when I do come close to his score he always says "my lazer gun wasn't working right!"
Yeah right!!!! I gotta big "WHATEVER" for ya!!

FolsomFan
06-15-2009, 10:00 AM
Once I found our about the secret targets, I was able to put some distance between my DW and me (although I tell her where they are and she has hit them a couple of times).

I also got my high score on my last trip: 600,600. I was feeling pretty good about that until my friend sent me the picture of him getting 1.3 million.

cynthia312
06-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Okay okay, fork those secrets over people!!! ;) Please??? Pretty please? My highest score was a 424,000. How can people score 1,000,000+ let alone 600,000+???

disneyochem
06-15-2009, 11:40 AM
LOL! Thanks for the Monday laugh!

My family is so competitive on this ride that each one of us (four total) have to ride our own buggy! My daughters will not ride in the same car with daddy!

Please let us know where the 'targets' are! I am the worst in my family--would be nice to be able to blow them out of the water next trip! :D

mswong40
06-15-2009, 11:41 AM
Yes I would also like to know some of these secrets.

I just want to beat my fiance......who is also very competitive.....lol!!

TowerofTerror
06-15-2009, 12:14 PM
If u hit Zurgs . Theres a little hold in the middle of his chest that worth 100,000 its very hard to hit that secret target.

Hannahbelle
06-15-2009, 12:25 PM
I will ask my friend and get back to everyone, but found this on a "google" search:
"Finally… be sure to take a good look at Zurg. There is a line running down the center of his chest. Just below his cape hit that line. There is a very small circle (dark and hard to see), but if you hit it you get 50,000 points! This target can also be hit multiple times. This applies to the FIRST Zurg you see (the one you are very close too with all the small point targets. In the final room with Zurg, hitting the spot on his chestplate will also give you 50,000 points, but you are not nearly as close to this one, so it is VERY hard to hit. Now, if you hit the squares below Zurg he will turn in that direction, and this can give you a better look at the chest plate."

fairestoneofall
06-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Hannahbelle-
Good job doing your homework girlfriend!! Keep digging, there are more!
Oh, and I actually got 100,000 when I hit one of the targets.

Hannahbelle
06-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Heres the normal points:

Interested in how the scoring works on the ride?
Regular Targets (Multiple Hits Allowed)
============
Circle - 100
Square - 1,000
Diamond - 5,000
Triangle

Also, you very often have to hit a circle target to get a higher value target to "pop-up".

Lighted targets (The first person to hit gets bonus points, after that goes back to regular scoring)
============
Circle - 500
Square - 5,000
Diamond - 10,000
Triangle 100,000

The bottom line and other tips and straties? You should target only Triangles and you will come out with the highest possible score. Do not waste you time on the circles or squares! Also, note that if you hit a million points, your score will set itself to 999,999. While it will not show additional hits, you are still accumulating points. Good luck and make that scoreboard!

Donald Duck Fan68
06-15-2009, 01:20 PM
I have tried to hit those Zurg targets every time, but I always miss.

daveywest
06-15-2009, 02:59 PM
It also helps if you can get someone in a wheelchair to get on/off the ride while your in one of the more active rooms. ;-)

My wife had jokenly promised to buy me the pin with the BLBAB scoreboard if I could make L-6. An elderly person took some time getting out and they had to stop the ride with me right in front of a triangle. I took 2nd place that day!

pixar
06-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Hannahbelle-
Good job doing your homework girlfriend!! Keep digging, there are more!
Oh, and I actually got 100,000 when I hit one of the targets.

I thought it's a 50,000 target. Maybe you hit it twice really quick?

I know I usually get quite a bit of points off the first Zurg by shooting that "secret" target until I can't see it anymore. Now my bragging part. :) I average about 750,000 and my highest is over 1.6M, and that's without the ride slowing of stopping.

(I should mention this is at Disneyland. At the Magic Kingdom version last night I only got about 180,000 :( )

FolsomFan
06-17-2009, 02:11 PM
It also helps if you can get someone in a wheelchair to get on/off the ride while your in one of the more active rooms. ;-)

My wife had jokenly promised to buy me the pin with the BLBAB scoreboard if I could make L-6. An elderly person took some time getting out and they had to stop the ride with me right in front of a triangle. I took 2nd place that day!

Nice! I have a co-worker who intentionally looks for people who he thinks will cuase s stoppage and then gets into the line accordingly.

What was your score that day?

Sarah32384
06-18-2009, 06:40 AM
(I should mention this is at Disneyland. At the Magic Kingdom version last night I only got about 180,000 :( )

I remember the WDW version has the large guns secured down on the vehicle so you don't have as much freedom to twirl around and hit targets. Is there any other reason why the average score in Florida would be lower?

danyoung
06-18-2009, 06:44 AM
Nice! I have a co-worker who intentionally looks for people who he thinks will cuase s stoppage and then gets into the line accordingly.

There should be some way of accounting for these stoppages. On my last WDW visit I stopped just past the big robot with the moving hands. I was able to hit the target on the back side of his hand multiple times, maxing out the counter at 999,999. But I don't consider that to be my personal best at all, because I cheated.

pixar
06-18-2009, 06:50 AM
I remember the WDW version has the large guns secured down on the vehicle so you don't have as much freedom to twirl around and hit targets. Is there any other reason why the average score in Florida would be lower?

Yes that's the main reason why I get the lower scores at WDW. At Disneyland, when the vehicle goes in, I turn it about 70° to the left and pretty much leave it there until right before the camera takes the picture. I turn my body instead to shoot at the high value targets, and being able to hold the gun higher allows me to be more accurate.