PDA

View Full Version : First look: Disney's Electrical Parade with new Tinker Bell float

AVP
06-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Part one of the video from the June 11 media preview - part 2 will be available shortly.

25TEZenHy3M

AlbertaMinnie
06-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Thank you! I remember watching the Main Street Electrical Parade as a kid on my first visit to Disneyland and its always been my favorite. I love that Tinkerbell is opening the parade now. I look forward to watching part 2! Thanks again!

AVP
06-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Sorry for the delay, I forgot to post that Part 2 is ready:

eo5ZTTZNZjU

houseofmouse
06-15-2009, 07:10 AM
I like the new float. Miss the Blue Fairy though, thought they may put her somewhere else in the parade. :( I am not sure about the re-mixed music though. It seems too fast and some of the old stuff is now missing. But I am sure it will grow on me and may be different in person. I will find out soon!!:)

Fantasmic Guy
06-16-2009, 01:57 PM
It seems too fast and some of the old stuff is now missing

I noticed that too. The Dumbo floats were missing, like the clown float. Disney will probably add the floats to the parade later.

MammaSilva
06-16-2009, 03:48 PM
The Dumbos circus unit was part of the 'redo' ...it won't be back in the current version of the parade....I have a sad over that, it was my daughters favorite unit.

olegc
06-16-2009, 04:43 PM
my favorite part of dumbo was King Leonidas (bedknobs and broomsticks) at the pipe organ. THAT I will miss. only place in all Disney you could see him.

the music is a remix of the Electrical Parade:Dreamlights from Tokyo Disneyland. (I read this on Honor Hunter's Blue Skye Disney blog).

jazzysmom
06-16-2009, 07:31 PM
How thoughtful of you to post that! Thank you so much! I love the ELP and look forward to seeing the new version!

Crazy4DL
06-16-2009, 08:49 PM
my favorite part of dumbo was King Leonidas (bedknobs and broomsticks) at the pipe organ. THAT I will miss.

Oh me too! :(

Matterhorn Eric
06-17-2009, 12:40 AM
I'm quite sad over the changes they made. The electrical parade was something that I had always looked forward to, from a child to my adult years. I'm not a fan of the new music, sounds more bubbly or popish. I guess I will just have to mourn my old favorite just like many rides before it. :(

MouseVII
06-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Saw the parade last night. I liked it. I think the only thing people may find troubling are the changes they made. The parade itself looked fantastic, from the floats, to the costumes, to the performers.

I didn't notice any changes to the music coming from the sides, just on some floats. Sounded pretty good, too. Not out of place, just something new and different.

I did notice the parade was more spread out. It took 20-25 minutes to see it all, and adding the fact that it started late made it impossible to try and catch the fireworks.

Overall, I'm glad its back for the summer.