PDA

View Full Version : New Disney / Honda contest at Disneyland Resort and online

Pages : [1] 2

AVP
06-12-2009, 12:55 AM
It looks like there's another Honda-sponsored contest at the Disneyland Resort.The display and banners were up Thursday, but the contest doesn't begin until Friday, June 12.

There are two components to this contest - an online "Honda INSiGHT “Celebrate the Hybrid for Everyone” Sweepstakes," and an on-property contest with same-day prizes.

The easy one is the online sweepstakes: go to www.disney.com/celebratethehybrid (http://www.disney.com/celebratethehybrid) and enter online. The Grand Prize is a 2010 Honda Insight, and a Disneyland Resort vacation package for up to four people. You can enter once a day for 50 days.

The on-property contest is a LOT more complicated, and I wasn't able to find written rules for it. I'm relaying what I was told by the CM working the booth, and I fully admit I might have misremembered something:

From 9am - 3pm, fill out an entry form at the Honda display in the Disneyland Resort Esplanade. You must be 18 years old, a legal resident of the 50 states of the United States or the District of Columbia, and a licensed driver in your state of residence. (These are the same eligibility requirements for the online version). You must ALSO have a cell phone with you, and photo ID.

Around 3:30pm there will be a live drawing at the Honda display. Prizes include souvenirs, meal vouchers, premium viewing opportunities, gift cards, etc. I BELIEVE the CM said there are 50 prizes per day, but I may have misunderstood him. The contest lasts for 50 days to celebrate Honda's 50th anniversary - there were a lot of 50s being thrown around. I'll double check that tomorrow.

If you win, they will call and/or text message you to let you know, and you have until 6:00 pm that day to claim your prize or you forfeit it.

Good luck!

AVP

KarenW2
06-12-2009, 01:38 AM
I just tried to login, to enter the contest, but after I put my info in and hit submit, it didn't go anywhere! It just sat there. I tried signing up again, but it told me my info was already in there.

Is there an official starting time for the contest starting today?:(

stan4d_steph
06-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Just entered. Thanks for the tip!

fairestoneofall
06-12-2009, 07:28 AM
I entered too!!!!

Pookie
06-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Where on Property is the booth?

Stichy626
06-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Thanks-I'm entered too!

DisneyFunFamily4
06-12-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm so glad I check MP while I'm waiting in line, I saw the honda signs when we walked over to DCA a little while ago but I had no idea what it was, now I have to make it back over there before 3. Thanks AVP

candles71
06-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Karen are you already registered at Disney sites? Cause it only asks for the same login info. In other words I didn't have to register again but used my ap login info.

fairestoneofall
06-12-2009, 01:21 PM
The car was in the hub last night when we were leaving the F! event.

KarenW2
06-12-2009, 01:22 PM
It must've been a time thing, since I just tried it again right now and it went thru with no problems! Maybe it didn't start working, until after 9 am Pacific time or something!

AVP
06-12-2009, 02:24 PM
It must've been a time thing, since I just tried it again right now and it went thru with no problems! Maybe it didn't start working, until after 9 am Pacific time or something!I registered about 10 minutes before I posted this, so it was working by 12:45 a.m.

I did confirm that it's 50 prizes for 50 days, and the prizes include dinner at the Celebration Ranch, reserved seating for up to 6 at Magical and Disney's Electrical Parade.

AVP

cstephens
06-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Where on Property is the booth?

It's in the esplanade between DL and DCA. The "Up" house with balloons is there too!

DisneyFunFamily4
06-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Did you know that we entered this yesterday at the park but didn't win? Did you know that you can check with guest services at DL or DCA between 4 and 6 pm to see if you've won?

Hum... I guess I'm not in the questions only thread anymore am I?

good luck I hope some one from MP wins something cool...

KarenW2
06-21-2009, 12:40 AM
Has anyone from here won anything, when you entered the contest at the Esplanade?

KarenW2
07-04-2009, 12:38 AM
I take it by the wealth of replies I received to my last post, that NOBODY has won anything in the "in-park" version of this contest? That's surprising.

DisneyFunFamily4
07-04-2009, 12:45 AM
I entered everyday for the past three days, and did they call me to tell me I have won? NO.... Did I get the text saying I won? NO..... Life is So unfair. They were checking ID to make sure you were a US citizen yesterday before they would let you enter...

olegc
07-04-2009, 08:38 AM
maybe it really is 50 prizes in 50 days - so 1 per day.. so the odds of winning just got a lot tougher..

AlisonWonderland
07-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Last Friday my uncle won a free photopass download. He got a call on his cell around 4:15 and we had to go to the esplanade by 6 to pick up the prize.

They would not tell him over the phone what he had won. In order to recieve the prize, he had to show ID. They then checked his name off on a long list of names (looked to be around 50).

We are hoping that one of these days we can get lucky and someone else can win one of the bigger prizes (reserved fantasmic viewing would be nice)!

AVP
07-04-2009, 10:44 AM
It is 50 prizes a day, and I've gotten a look at the prize sheet a few times. There is one prize of dinner at the BBQ for 4 people, and then it looks like 4-6 prizes each for reserved seating at Fantasmic!; Celebrate: A Street Parade; Disney's Electrical Parade or Magical.

The rest of the prizes are really minor, ranging from light-up Mickey ears to a free PhotoPass download. I know one Padder has won the seating for Celebrate, and another has won the photo download. I've entered about 7 times, and won nothing.

When they notify you that you've won, they don't tell you what you've won. You won't know until you claim your prize if you've won dinner or the .jpg.

AVP

dac1997
07-04-2009, 01:29 PM
My wife and I were at the Resort on Tuesday celebrating onr 2nd anniversary. We were just leaving to go check into our hotel when my phone vibrated. My wife said, what , did we win something? And I said, as a matter of fact yes. lol we ended up with a free photopass download. It isn't much, but hey...free is free. And any free Disney thing is a great deal.

cstephens
07-05-2009, 09:41 AM
A group of 5 of us went to the display yesterday to enter the contest. When we walked up, I made a comment about all of us filling in an entry form. The CM then informed me that we could only fill out one entry form as a group. I questioned that and said one entry even though we weren't related? He asked if any of us were related, and I pointed to the husband and said just he and I. He then changed his claim and said it was one per household. Just because 5 of us are walking up together and obviously know each other doesn't mean we all live in the same house, so that was an odd assumption to make.

I then scanned the rules a bit and asked where it said that it was one entry per household, because I had only seen the age and residency requirement info. He ignored my question as he was handing out the entry forms to the others. I waited until he was done, and I asked him again where it said one per household. He ignored me again as he did something else, so I asked a third time. He then opened the brochure and kind of pointed to the official rules section of it. I looked through that, and then I told him that I didn't see it say one per household on there anywhere but ok, whatever, and only I entered for the husband and me.

I know he was pretty mad at me, but I guess I thought it was an odd rule, especially since it's not on any of the official rules listings, and if he's going to state a rule, I would think it would actually say that somewhere, so his ignoring me and hoping that if he did that would mean I'd stop asking, not to mention his automatic assumption when we walked up, didn't sit well with me.

Oh, well, none of us won anyway. Guess I'll just stick with the on-line contest.

LLevy
07-06-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm always curious... If you won the car or a trip to the park, how would you pay the taxes? is there tax paperwork to fill out there? what about the small stuff, like photopasses? I'm always afraid I'll win, and not be able to afford the prize..

LL

candles71
07-06-2009, 01:43 PM
you don't have to pay taxes on anything under 1200.00

I remember years ago being in a sports bar in Reno and them advertising their tax free jackpot of 1199.99....:|

Malcon10t
07-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Actually, you do have to declare the winning. But if the prize is under $600, no 1099 is required.

Thinking about winning something big, I wonder if you could write off your trip as an expense to winning???? Any tax accountants?

KarenW2
07-12-2009, 01:16 AM
I wonder if the reason they don't tell you what you won, when you're in the park or wherever, is because if they told you and it was just a download, most people wouldn't bother to go back for it!

CS, how weird that the CM decided on his own that all of your group was from the same "family" or whatever, that he'd at first only let you enter once! If the rules are as simply stated as you said, it shouldn't matter to him how many people enter, as long as they do it by the rules, right?

And how totally RUDE of him, to keep trying to ignore your question, hoping you'd just get frustrated, give up and go away!! I'm glad you persisted and kept asking!

I wonder, do CMs who work those sorts of things have "leads"?? That way you could've asked the lead to explain their position on how many entries per household or group!!