PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian Prices

disneygeek87
01-05-2003, 12:38 PM
I'm planning a trip to DLR in July for 5 nights. I'm planning on staying at the Grand Californian, and I got prices from my travel agen for the per night rate. She said that a room at the Grand Californian with at Downtown Disney View would cost $390 a night. I thought that this was a little expensive but would be willing to pay it. I was just wondering if this hotel was really worth this much a night? Thanks

kikid
01-05-2003, 03:25 PM
Wow! We stay at the GC every June and have never paid more than $265 per night. Expedia is offering a rate of $295 over the July 4th holiday, maybe you should check this site before you make reservations with your agent. Also PP and DLH are cheaper yet. Good Luck
PS I always book directly through the hotel and buy my tickets online its so much cheaper.;)

julia
01-05-2003, 03:38 PM
Hi!

The Grand Californian Hotel is wonderful, but it is the superior deluxe hotel at Disneyland, so prices are a bit higher. You might consider doing a city/standard view room at the Grand Californian, it has all of the luxuries of the Downtown Disney view or the Theme Park View rooms at GCH. Ask about packages, which can be less expensive and include a whole bunch of great values along with a park pass and ask your agent to check several suppliers and let you choose the lowest prices with the features that YOU want.

I think that the extras at the Grand Californian are very valuable - it is quieter and more subdued, the pool area is secured and can only be used by hotel guests, all you have to do is walk out the back door of the Grand Californian and into Downtown Disney. Downtown Disney is busy until late because people are shopping, milling around, going for a night cap after the DL and DCA have closed and the fireworks are over for the evening.

Have a great trip!
Julia

ErikBsandiego
01-05-2003, 06:13 PM
I love the GCH but $390 a night is highway robbery. I would

A) Consider either DLH or PPH if you are committed to being "on property"
B) Consider a HOST of good close in hotels located around the park.
C) COnsider staying a bit away and seeing some of the other nice areas of So Cal. $390 for a hotel as your base of operations when you are gonig to go to sites "off property" is REALLY high (you could find, for example, some very nice beachfront resorts in Souther OC for about $240 a night which are, even at rush hour, no more than 40 minutes from DL.