PDA

View Full Version : Crowds the week of 1-12

scottcbrown
01-05-2003, 09:13 AM
Hi there!

I was wondering if anyone knows what the crowds would be like next week. Also, I noticed on Disney's website they took away the ROA from the refurbishment list. Did that change or just a mistake??

ldsguy
01-05-2003, 09:24 AM
More than likely a mistake, but who knows? With Disney everything is "subject to change without notice"....as for the crowds, it should be fairly light during the week, of course Fri. gets a little busier, Sat really busy and Sun dies back off. Wed. being the absolute lightest day of the week as a gneral rule.

scottcbrown
01-05-2003, 09:27 AM
Thank You. We're going Sun- Tues. of next week.

AVP
01-05-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by scottcbrown
Also, I noticed on Disney's website they took away the ROA from the refurbishment list. Did that change or just a mistake??

According to Guest Relations, it's a mistake. Superstar Limo and the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail also disappeared from the list. That really annoys me - if I were planning a trip next week, I would be really surprised to arrive and find out that there were 6 more attractions closed than the website mentioned.

AVP

scottcbrown
01-05-2003, 10:45 AM
I know, it's hard to plan a trip not knowing what will be closed down. If any of our favorite attractions are closed, we wouldn't spend the money to go down. They need a more accurate account list of what will be closed. Also, I noticed that they removed the fireworks that was listed for Saturday night. I don't know if that's another mistake or not.

julia
01-05-2003, 03:47 PM
Hi!

January and February (until President's Day Weekend) are among the least crowded months to go to Disneyland. Of course, weekends are busy because the local Disneyland Annual Passholders are off of work and go to the parks, so you will see a boost in the crowds. But, during the week, you should be very comfortable in the daytime hours with a slight rise in the crowds when people get off work.

You can check for the best available information at http://www.disneyland.com on closures of different rides - look under plan your Disney Days and Park Hours and Shows on the sub-menus. Disney is always reviewing their rides and shows and so might need to change their schedules at the last minute for safety, etc. Check with Guest Relations or your Disneyland Magical Pocket Guide, if you have one, for the latest information.

Have a great trip!
Julia

ldsguy
01-05-2003, 06:23 PM
For the truly most accurate list, look for RefurbMike's page....I lost the link, hopefully someone will be kind enough to post it.....for some reason Disneyland's website has gotten a bit shabby lately....not posting everything that's closed, nor ewverything that's running, also posting things as closed that turn out not to be. From my experence refurbmike's page is a much better resource, although not an official one.