PDA

View Full Version : Possible Delay for Fantasmic!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rocketeer88
06-08-2009, 10:24 AM
The new dragon suffered a catastrophic setback the other night while rehearsing. It appears that the neck broke and word has it that it may be weeks or even months to get this thing up and running for the show.:crying:

fairestoneofall
06-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Is this confirmed?

disneylandgirl
06-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Yikes! No bueno. I hope it's Ok for July 17th when I'm there!

mrsdisney68
06-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Boy that's gonna stink if they don't get it fixed by the 12th:eek:

fairestoneofall
06-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Boy that's gonna stink if they don't get it fixed by the 12th:eek:

No, by the 11th when I have PS for it!!

houseofmouse
06-08-2009, 01:18 PM
I read this elsewhere too. But I doubt it will be months before it is fixed. The whole new summer promotion hinges on this dragon. I am sure they will fix it ASAP. I still have almost a month before we see it, so here's hoping it goes well. :)

Second Star
06-08-2009, 03:53 PM
I read this elsewhere too. But I doubt it will be months before it is fixed. The whole new summer promotion hinges on this dragon. I am sure they will fix it ASAP. I still have almost a month before we see it, so here's hoping it goes well. :)

I certainly hope so, we have PS set up for next Tuesday, and it would be a real bummer not to have a show to see. :eek:

personnext
06-08-2009, 04:34 PM
I certainly hope so, we have PS set up for next Tuesday, and it would be a real bummer not to have a show to see. :eek:

There will be a show, just maybe without a dragon. When the dragon is out of commission, Fantasmic! still runs, subbing the dragon with "Maleficient on a stick."

Fantasmic Guy
06-08-2009, 07:44 PM
The new dragon suffered a catastrophic setback the other night while rehearsing. It appears that the neck broke and word has it that it may be weeks or even months to get this thing up and running for the show.:crying:

WHAT, THE DRAGON BROKE DOWN.........................I CAN'T BELIVE IT!!!!!!!!
I HOPE THEY FIX IT SOON.

What are you looking forward to the most for Summer Nightastic?

You can vote here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=127529)

TowerofTerror
06-08-2009, 09:14 PM
I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE new Fantasmic show with the new dragon

Leofoenget
06-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Is this confirmed?

Yes confirmed that it broke the neck snapped or something

Andrew
06-09-2009, 08:04 AM
Yes confirmed that it broke the neck snapped or something
Confirmed by...? (If the person's job title isn't "Disney spokesperson" it doesn't count)

danyoung
06-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Fantasmic! still runs, subbing the dragon with "Maleficient on a stick."

I saw this one time, and I think it's a truly horrible substitution. It just seems like there's a gigantic hole in the show, with Malificent up there screaming and waving her arms around. I would hope that if it's really going to be a long time till they get the new dragon fixed, maybe they'd consider going back to the old dragon for the summer. I always thought it was a pretty good effect, even if it was only a head on a stick.

olegc
06-09-2009, 09:27 AM
I saw this one time, and I think it's a truly horrible substitution. It just seems like there's a gigantic hole in the show, with Malificent up there screaming and waving her arms around. I would hope that if it's really going to be a long time till they get the new dragon fixed, maybe they'd consider going back to the old dragon for the summer. I always thought it was a pretty good effect, even if it was only a head on a stick.

i guess the question then is how to handle the logistics of the fix. If they put the old dragon back, they need to hoist the new one out of the platform I believe. That means a lot of helicopter and other resources. Add to that the pressure on marketing to have the dragon ready (since they promoted it so much) - and I really wonder what they will decide to do. We all know that sometimes the practical answer does not win out at Disney.

cstephens
06-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Confirmed by...? (If the person's job title isn't "Disney spokesperson" it doesn't count)

But I read it on the net, so it must be true! And my paper boy is friends with the son of the hairdresser of the person who schedules the techs for the show, and he said it was true too!

dznyphreak
06-09-2009, 10:11 AM

Al Lutz posted it on MiceAge. Is that legit enough? :)

Tony
06-09-2009, 10:30 AM
We got official word from an official Disney spokesperson on the situation. They have confirmed that Fantasmic will initially return without dragon. Flotsam, Jetsam, and Croc will debut as scheduled.

She did state that the rumors of the Dragon's head falling off are false, and that the dragon will appear as soon as mechanical issues are resolved.

Autopia Guy
06-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Al Lutz posted it on MiceAge. Is that legit enough? :)

No, thats not. Or to me at least.

Dragon not Ready for Debut (http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/disneyland-fantasmic-4605/)

Not that trust the LA Times as that amazing of a source either... But it does say that it was confirmed by a DLR official.

AVP
06-09-2009, 12:18 PM
But it does say that it was confirmed by a DLR official.Several media outlets asked Disney for comment on the rumor before posting it, and they issued a short statement this morning. From my MousePlanet Blog:

Disneyland's popular Fantasmic! show will return to kick off the new Summer Nightastic! promotion this Friday, but the new and improved dragon won't be ready for the debut. A Disneyland spokesperson has confirmed that there are mechanical issues with the 40-foot tall, fire-breathing dragon, but denies rumors circulating online that the head of the 5-ton broke off during a dress rehearsal of the show Sunday night.

http://twitpic.com/show/thumb/6zlj2.jpg (http://twitpic.com/6zlj2)

The show will open to the public on Friday with several other major enhancements, including personal watercraft-propelled puppets of Flotsam and Jetsam, and an all-new Crocodile figure. New marketing banners were installed Tuesday night to advertise the Summer Nightastic! promotion, most prominently featuring the new dragon.

Disney says that the new dragon will join the show as soon as the technical issues are resolved.

olegc
06-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Hmmm ... sources, sources, sources... I always like to wait for official word.

Hannahbelle
06-09-2009, 01:52 PM
WOW! I sure hope this get fixed soon. Please keep us updated whomever hears anything....
I thought part of the new dragon was also gonna be the fire? Wont that be missing as well with the old one? I cant remember the "old" one for some reason. I know somewhere in the show theres fire, because I remember the heat on my face one time....
Hope its fixed by the 4th of July weekend, but I really hope it gets fixed for all our Mouseplanet people that have Priority seating arrangements this week.

DisneylandDad
06-09-2009, 02:34 PM
There will be a show, just maybe without a dragon. When the dragon is out of commission, Fantasmic! still runs, subbing the dragon with "Maleficient on a stick."
I said in a different thread that I could not imagine F without the dragon. I think I have seen this version and it was so bad I had attempted to block the memory :eek: The new dragon has been nicknamed MURPHY I guess by the F staff. This is bad but guests always are mad about one thing or another. We were in line for Roger Rabbit about 11:45 this mor ing it g
Broke for maybe 20 minutes and I overheard a man say "they better give us a free day because of this" I tried to contain my laughter but a chortle or a snort slipped out and he got all mad before I told him to relax or I would have my wife kick his butt:p

fairestoneofall
06-09-2009, 02:56 PM

Thank you....that is what I meant by confirmed!!! :) Rumors are like So. Cal wildfires.

Toocherie
06-09-2009, 03:22 PM
so with those of you for Premium Seating on the 11th -- would it be appropriate to ask for a refund? or are you going to just go and make the best of it?

fairestoneofall
06-09-2009, 03:26 PM
so with those of you for Premium Seating on the 11th -- would it be appropriate to ask for a refund? or are you going to just go and make the best of it?

Tickets are non-refunable aren't they? Anyhow, we're still going. Haven't even told DH about the dragon dilema.