PDA

View Full Version : Magical fireworks "dress rehearsal" - video and discussion (SPOILERS)

Pages : [1] 2 3

AVP
06-04-2009, 07:40 AM
Several MousePlanet staffers were on hand last night to watch and tape the first public "dress rehearsal" of the new Magical fireworks show. We've posted the video on our MousePlanet.tv You Tube channel:

Part One (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY-ZikehcM0)

Part Two (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y3aWIFFrnQ)

The video quality isn't what we'd hoped for, but after being moved away from the spot Steven had been saving all night so Disney's own film crew could set up, we wound up on Main Street between someone who provided "commentary" through the whole show, and another person who stepped right in front of the camera after Dumbo made his appearance. In other words, it's *exactly* like being there yourself! :p

AVP

K & S
06-04-2009, 08:15 AM
We were pleasantly surprised to be there for the rehearsal last night.

I noticed a few timing adjustments needed, other than that but I liked it. My only criticism is that the confetti effect seems almost unrelated to the rest of the fireworks show and somewhat out of place.

(I was at DL to take a friend from my church to dinner at Steakhouse 55 in order to thank her for all her help with my mother's funeral. I'll post a review soon.)

TikiGeek
06-04-2009, 08:22 AM
...we wound up on Main Street between someone who provided "commentary" through the whole show, and another person who stepped right in front of the camera after Dumbo made his appearance. In other words, it's *exactly* like being there yourself! :pSo very true!!! It seems to happen every time. :rolleyes:

fairestoneofall
06-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Oh, I really want to watch the video. BUT, I hate spoiled surprises even more. It's like having a Christmas gift right in front of you....to open or not to open.....
I'll wait til net Thurs!

Malcon10t
06-04-2009, 09:24 AM
Did they announce that they were doing the fireworks?

And that woman's running commentary is a riot, don't ya love em! I wanted to say "Shut up and watch the show!"

houseofmouse
06-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Loved watching it. Dumbo is amazing!!
Some of it reminded me of the PAP fireworks show in Magic Kingdom.
Can't wait to see it myself the end of this month!:)

megzrg
06-04-2009, 11:59 AM
does anyone know if these dress rehearsals are going to be going on all week?

Both Fantasmic and the Fireworks are no longer listed on the schedule for this coming weekend, but there is also nothing saying that they are going to be dark either.

bennette
06-04-2009, 01:15 PM
does anyone know if these dress rehearsals are going to be going on all week?

Both Fantasmic and the Fireworks are no longer listed on the schedule for this coming weekend, but there is also nothing saying that they are going to be dark either.

Click here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=127382) for the schedule of dress rehearsals for Magical Fireworks. All other events are currently scheduled to be dark, presumably in expectation of the new Summer Nightastic events that start the twelfth.

olegc
06-04-2009, 01:31 PM
The video quality isn't what we'd hoped for, but after being moved away from the spot Steven had been saving all night so Disney's own film crew could set up, we wound up on Main Street between someone who provided "commentary" through the whole show, and another person who stepped right in front of the camera after Dumbo made his appearance. In other words, it's *exactly* like being there yourself! :p

AVP
that's OK. Nice to have some preview - eventually some fan will create video and cut it with the actual audio track they got from someone inside the park -and make it available online. Then it will be an awesome download.

BTW - does this mean that MAYBE we'll have a NEW park CD this summer? fireworks, non-parade, new electrical parade music (ok, remix).

Hannahbelle
06-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Oh my goodness, okay I only looked at Dumbo, I swear! I'm saving the whole experience for my 4th of July weekend trip!
So does anyone have any tips on where to watch (best place) and how long in advanced I should stake out my spot??? I don't care how long; the fireworks are pretty much the only reason I'm going. Pray the wind doesn't ruin it!

mickey4ever
06-04-2009, 03:55 PM
I am so with you on that! This is why we are making the trip in July! I will stake out my spot for 8 hrs if I have to....:p

megzrg
06-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Click here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=127382) for the schedule of dress rehearsals for Magical Fireworks. All other events are currently scheduled to be dark, presumably in expectation of the new Summer Nightastic events that start the twelfth.

Yeah!!! thank you for the schedule we will be there for my birthday trip on the 6th and the 8th. This is my Husbands first trip to Disneyland so I guess he will have to wait to see Fantasmic another time.

disneyperson
06-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Arrgghh .....wanna look at Dumbo......but wanna wait until July and see it for real first.......arrggghhh....... what to do.

Chadsgal
06-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Here is link where they zoom in on Dumbo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LFfdTlXiyM

The spotlight on Tink seemed to be missing? I am glad I watched it for me it doesn't have the same Magic the Dreams had. Still very excited to see it next weekend. :)

cynthia312
06-04-2009, 06:26 PM
I can't.....MUST...WAIT...UNTIL TOMORROW.

I saw the first minute and thought to myself...I'm going to DL tomorrow anyways, less than 24hours..don't spoil the suspense.

darph nader
06-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Pretty cool. The opening music is kinda sappy:eyeroll:,but the spot-lights remind me of the old opening for the Disneyland show.
Dumbo is a nice touch.:cool:

I do agree with malcon10t,STHU lady.

Fantasmic Guy
06-04-2009, 06:40 PM
I can't.....MUST...WAIT...UNTIL TOMORROW.

I saw the first minute and thought to myself...I'm going to DL tomorrow anyways, less than 24hours..don't spoil the suspense.

I totally agree with you, why spoil a nice Disneyland trip?

cynthia312
06-04-2009, 06:44 PM
I totally agree with you, why spoil a nice Disneyland trip?

I know, I know! But it's so tempting though. The YouTube video is right in front of me......ahhh!!! the torture!!!

But I'll be good and just wait till tomorrow.

Fantasmic Guy
06-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Hope you have a great time at Disneyland.

disneylandgirl
06-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Here is link where they zoom in on Dumbo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LFfdTlXiyM

The spotlight on Tink seemed to be missing? I am glad I watched it for me it doesn't have the same Magic the Dreams had. Still very excited to see it next weekend. :)

Maybe it will have more "Magic" when you see it in person?

So.... I thought Mary Poppins was supposed to be in it?? :confused:

disney_leonard
06-04-2009, 08:53 PM
I was there last night too. Overall a good show but not close to Remember. My guess is half the shells of Remember. There were points were it seemed that there was a build up for spectacular fireworks then only a lighting effect on the castle? A big let down.

I loved Dumbo! Elephants CAN fly! Really great. I know that this is an economy and ecological move but I want lots of booms and flashes! This will be OK until Believe comes back in the fall. I was also there for Celebrate. We were near IASMW and the confetti cannons did not work. After Magical fireworks on Main Street it was obvious the cannons worked. Janitorial will be earning their money every night! Lots of confetti. I agree that the confetti doesn't seem to fit. My money says they will eliminate the confetti and no one will miss it with the fireworks.

megzrg
06-05-2009, 05:39 AM
I think that if you watch the video it will still be more magical there in the park. There is a big difference in seeing it on the screen and experiencing it in person. My son and I watched it because at that time we didn't know that we were going to get to see it tomorrow night :D

But looking forward to seeing it with my fireworks loving husband.

Drince88
06-05-2009, 07:25 AM
Are they JUST running this through August 23rd? We're going Labor Day weekend, and if it's back to the other show then, then I want to watch the video now - otherwise I'm waiting!

cynthia312
06-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Oh no it's going to rain today!! =( Actually, it was raining two hours ago in my area.

You think they'll still run the dress rehearsal tonight? :( I hope so!

dlfansx4
06-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Are they announcing the fireworks in the park? I am just wondering how hard it is to get a spot for them. My dd is going to flip when she finds out Dumbo is in it. I would like to take her tonight (since we are blocked out tomorrow) but I don't know what time we can get there.

Was it really crowded for the show last night?