PDA

View Full Version : Good karma

GoofyDad
01-03-2003, 10:35 PM
OK, here's the setting:

The whole Goofy family is trying to get through the FastPass entry at HMH on NYE. There is a big clot of people, and the CM guarding the entrance is trying to shout out that "we're letting in FPs for 6:10, if your FP is for 6:30, please step aside." Someone complains that they can't hear what he said, and he croaks: "I can't talk any louder, my throat is raw."

We worked our way thru the entrance (holding 6:10 FPs) but once inside I stopped to search thru my backpack for the Ricolas that I always carry when I travel, and I handed several to the CM.

He thanked me, then asked how many Goofys were in my party. I told him 4, and he proceeded to give me 8 "wild card" FPs. I had never seen these before (being a rookie), and the Goofy family was quite pleased! We did a back-to-back HMH ride!

Sometimes it pays to be nice - and its a lot more fun than being a jerk.

tabacco
01-03-2003, 10:44 PM
That was really ncie of you. I remember when I lost my voice at work... and on a grad night, no less. I wish you'd been there then! :)

PurpleDove33
01-03-2003, 11:48 PM
A few weeks ago when I came thru the parking booths at the Mickey and friends parking structure, I noticed that one lady was doing both sides of the booth I came thru, and I said something nice to her not really thinking or expecting anything in return. I was just being nice, when the next thing she did said because I was so nice to her, she put a thing on my car that allowed me to park outside in the Penoccio ( sorry spelled wrong) but that put me right across from where the trams were. That really made my day that she would do that. And as my mom always use to say, you get flies better with honey then vinagar. And it doesn't hurt to be nice anyway.

MammaSilva
01-04-2003, 06:05 AM
ooooohhhhh this is the perfect place to share this one.....our last day in the park is never a full day, it's from when we get there til around 2:00 so I can 'beat' that nasty rush hour traffic driving across LA to get back home......well this past trip was even worse traffic than ever driving to the park thanks to the holidays and I was so NOT looking foward to driving back across to get out of town but we had a "plan" we'd ride Splash, then BTMRR, go say goodbye to Mickey (a must for Brandy) then hit Indiana and be on our way.....as we were leaving Splash, walking towards HM, Katie (the 17 year old 1st timer I was tour guide/chaparone for) asked if we could ride HM one more time ...we'd ridden it at least six times so far during our 5 day visit and my first reaction was NO way were we getting in that line again even with SAP, but as we walked up I suddenly changed direction and pulled us into the SAP line, Katie looked surprised and I just said, hey it's only traffic we'll get home when we get home :) so as we were waiting our turn I notice that the CM on the front gate working FP looks VERY familiar, OMG who could it be but MAYNARD....our very first "official" Maynard siting! I quickly grabbed our cameras, got the girls over to the rope and nicely asked him for a photo op then he did autographs in the girls books.......shortly after that they moved him off of FP since there started to be quite the crowd of Disney fans who realized WHO was working and put another very nice CM in that postition and moved him up to the front door. On top of that I carry special felt tip pens for the characters to sign Brandys autograph book with so that it is easier for them and bolder print for her to "read" and Maynard commented on how 'nice' the pen was and how most pens were hard to work with so I was pleased to be able to give him the pen after he finished signing the girls books, I always carry several :) so being nice does Pay!

Brat
01-04-2003, 09:23 AM
I'm not so sure this was a good deed or even being extra nice, but here goes:

We were in line for Space Mountain on a Thanksgiving weekend. The wait was horrible, we didn't get FPs. We knew it would be busy, we were prepared to stand in line. After oh, about an hour and a half we finally get to the front of the stand-by line. The CM is waving the people in front of us through. Then she says she has to stop at us and let the FPers through. We stopped and said OK, and went on talking to each other. She just stared at us blankly and said "You're not going to yell or scream at me?" us: "Ummm, no. Do you want us to?" She almost looked like she was going to cry. She told us that we were the only people she had stopped that day who hadn't gotten angry and yelled at her. She couldn't believe that the boy (then 4) wasn't even fussing.

I'm glad we could make an over-stressed CM smile that day. There is no reason to be rude or discourteous just because it is super busy.