PDA

View Full Version : Foods you can't miss (and dream about!)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Mom2
05-28-2009, 09:35 PM
I know there have been threads like this before, but I dont think there have been any recently.

Whats your favorite not to miss food(s)?

Honestly DH and I literally dream about and talk about the food way before the trip, there is so much of it we love!

Corn Dogs
Rancho Zocala Taco Salad
Redd Rockets Chicken Fusilli and Pizza
Dole Whips
Critter Country White Chocolate Raspberry Cookie

Those are our MUST HAVES!

angcould
05-28-2009, 09:51 PM
Oh good one!

The minute maid frozen treats, I know we can get them out of the park
but there is something about having them while going around the park, my
DS and I can hardly wait to get one!

I am definately going to try the white chocolate raspberry cookies everyone
is raving about, lol.....

The bengal barbecue beef skewers a definate must! this trip.

Definately the ice cream on main street going to taste very good in August

bennette
05-28-2009, 09:56 PM
My husband will probably be in line for a corn dog minutes after his eventual angioplasty! ;)

I dream about a churro but I can't really digest the grease any more so it's a very rare treat these days. Thank goodness I can still dream.

biolabetty
05-28-2009, 09:57 PM
Potato cheese soup at Carnation Cafe, I always have it when I'm there.

mrsdisney68
05-29-2009, 04:20 AM
Carmel apples for me! And the smell of the popcorn something about that says Disneyland for me;)

fairestoneofall
05-29-2009, 05:14 AM
* Pommes Frittes (did I spell that right)
* Giant Sugar Cookie for my boys, Cinnamon twist for me
* ICE CREAM

underthesea1987
05-29-2009, 05:35 AM
The Bread bowls!!

Churros

Mickey shaped ice cream bars

Dole Whip

Eating anything in the BB, the food isnt great but the atmoshpere is!

codewoman
05-29-2009, 07:39 AM
Bacon wrapped asparagus and Dole Whip (in that order to cleanse the palette).

TowerofTerror
05-29-2009, 08:41 AM
The Big Turkey Leg:)

mswong40
05-29-2009, 09:05 AM
CHURROS!!
Dole whips
Corn Dogs
Mickey Mouse Pretzels
Chili in a bread bowl
Delicious popcorn
Caramel Apples are always a must!!

D15
05-29-2009, 09:51 AM
+ Chicken Skewers from the Bengal BBQ
+ Dole Whip!
+ Mickey-shaped Ice Cream Bar
+ Mickey Pretzel
+ Disneyland Popcorn
+ Croissantwich from the Carnation Cafe

Mmmmm.... man do I have that DL food urge now! :eek:

woody9six
05-29-2009, 12:46 PM
As it turns out...the two main things that I must have at DLR are both in Downtown Disney. Beniegts at Brennan's and Carnitas nachos at Tortilla Jo's Taqueria. Although, I am developing quite an affinity for the English Toffee at the candy store on Main Street.

PixieChick
05-29-2009, 01:20 PM
This thread makes me really want to be in DL right now.

Churros!
Bread bowls
Mickey shaped ice cream bar

I've never had the dole whip before so we are definitely trying them on our next trip.

FolsomFan
05-29-2009, 02:53 PM
This will sounds really odd, but the first thing I get to eat is a bag of Chocolatears Dark Chocolate Non Pareils. It is something I am sure I can get outside the park, but it is not the same to me.

christina
05-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Churros ( #1 must have)
Jalapeno cheese filled pretzels
Dole whips
Pommes Frites
Clam chowder bread bowls
shredded beef nachos from Whitewater Snacks!!!! the chips are the best!!
Cookie boat from Blue Bayou
Po' Boy ( sadly they do not have it anymore)

Gandalf
05-29-2009, 06:07 PM
We like the Chicken Fusilli & Focaccia Bread @ Redd Rockets, it's pretty filling. We're in the "Monte Cristo" group for full service food. For snacking I wish DL carts offered the bagged caramel corn that's outside in DD.
To satisfy our sweet tooth we usually have a least one run @ the Dole Whip station. Although we used to always stop for FANTASIA ice-cream - It looked like a combo of Tutti-Frutti, maybe banana nut or pistachio? All I know is it was definitely tasty.

Foodie
05-29-2009, 08:30 PM
I dream about the shrimp salad in the bread bowl at the Boudin Bakery in DCA. Boy is it sooo good! I also have to get at least one churro per trip. And the last time I was there, they had the most delicious salmon dish at the French Market that I would totally get again next time if it's still there. Sigh...so much good stuff to eat there, so little time...!:D

duffytds
05-31-2009, 08:48 AM
This thread is about food so I thought I would post my question here. I read on the Celebration Central site in low bandwidth for Disneyland Resort that a Mickey Mouse shaped cake could be ordered so I tried to order one but was told that they had no such thing! It clearly states on the page, "Available Spring 2009" so I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this? If you have any information on the Mickey shaped cake, I would love to read about it!! Thank you very much!
If I'm writing in the wrong thread, please let me know. Thank you.

nursechrissy32
05-31-2009, 09:30 AM
Dole Whips!!!!!! oh man I want one now!

Then there are the chicken nachos at WWSnacks.

And the yummy bread bowls with cheddar brocolli soup in DCA.....

*****growl******<my tummy!

disneyland addict13
05-31-2009, 09:59 AM
No one has mentioned my favorite yet!

My mom and I love the New Orleans Square fritters with an ice cold carton of milk! We usually eat them two or three times during each trip. I'm also a big fan of everything at the Bengal Barbecue, Dole Whips, and the corn dogs!

Mmm... This is making me so hungry!

3Princesses1Prince
05-31-2009, 11:11 AM
Potato cheese soup at Carnation Cafe, I always have it when I'm there.

Oooooh! This will have to be on my list of musts. I love Potato Cheese soup.

3Princesses1Prince
05-31-2009, 11:21 AM
This thread is about food so I thought I would post my question here. I read on the Celebration Central site in low bandwidth for Disneyland Resort that a Mickey Mouse shaped cake could be ordered so I tried to order one but was told that they had no such thing! It clearly states on the page, "Available Spring 2009" so I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this? If you have any information on the Mickey shaped cake, I would love to read about it!! Thank you very much!
If I'm writing in the wrong thread, please let me know. Thank you.

Looking at Celebration Central, it looks like the Pat-E-Cake birthday celebration at Plaza Inn. You decorate your own cake. Its a Mickey shaped tray with a cake in the main circle, frosting and sprinkles in the "ear" circles. They've actually had this for awhile, maybe they've recently updated it..... I'm sure you can call PS and arrange it.

duffytds
05-31-2009, 11:45 AM
Thank you very much for your reply 3Princesses1Prince. I was actually looking for news about a different Mickey shaped cake. I found a picture of it on this site at

http://www.mouseplanet.com/8576/What_Will_You_Celebrate_promotion_brings_new_Celeb ration_Dining_options_to_the_Disneyland_Resort

If you scroll down, it's under Disney Celebration Cakes. This is the cake I'm trying to order ASAP but have had no luck. If anyone has any info, please post it! Thank you very much!!!

CarrieAnn
05-31-2009, 12:03 PM
there is just something about the popcorn at Disneyland that makes it sooooooo delicious.

The flavored soda that used to be served at the Monorail Cafe (yes, old school, I know). We would always stop in and have one after an evening meal.

darn it, now I'm hungry! :rolleyes:

Disneygirl05
05-31-2009, 12:31 PM
Tiramisu (from the wine country trattoria) is my favorite and a churro is a close second:)