PDA

View Full Version : What has changed in Disneyland that you really miss?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

mswong40
05-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Okay I am so bored at work, and I am tired so I would like to know what has changed in Disneyland that you really miss or would like back?

danyoung
05-28-2009, 01:45 PM
I liked the old Tomorrowland, with the working People Mover, and the jets up on top of the pylon where they belong. I liked Country Bear Jamboree. I LOVED Adventure Through Inner Space, but I can understand why that had to go. And I also loved Captain EO, but watching Michael these days would just be creepy.

D15
05-28-2009, 01:48 PM
1955 pricing? :fez:

mswong40
05-28-2009, 01:50 PM
1955 pricing? :fez:

lol!!! thats a great one!!! And so you should!!:~D

bananaman20
05-28-2009, 02:41 PM
The Country Bear Jamboree, especially because it was replaced by not that great of a ride.

fairestoneofall
05-28-2009, 03:08 PM
I miss the old phone 'booths' in Tomorrowland. When I was a teenager, until they took them out, I used to call home from them everytime. It was funny to have 6 people sitting in there talking at once. Also, there used to be a place in Tomorrowland that you could pick up phones and hear your favorite character on the other end....another favorite from when I was a little girl. I miss the snoring bear in the cave in Critter Country.
I'm sure that there's more....

TowerofTerror
05-28-2009, 03:32 PM
I miss the Country Bear Jamboree and the snoring bear in the Critter Country:p

Tish
05-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Skyway & Country Bear Jamboree are probably my two biggest as well.

(And Pirates before the movies. Don't get me wrong, I love Johnny Depp, the first movie was fabulous. The changes don't add a thing to the ride though.)

biolabetty
05-28-2009, 04:22 PM
I miss watching something really entertaining in the carousel theater, like America Sings. I also miss the Country Bears and make a point of watching them multiple times when I go to WDW.

candles71
05-28-2009, 04:51 PM
The people mover, and the rockets being on top also (they are really in the way where they are)

Malcon10t
05-28-2009, 05:38 PM
The Skyway and Carousel of Progress. And America Sings. But I miss Carousel more.

Sansarc
05-28-2009, 06:35 PM
The People Mover (a great date ride!) and Country Bear Jamboree because it's one of the happiest memories I have of being there with my grandpa . . . I wonder if that's what makes some of these rides special for everybody?

oregontraveler
05-28-2009, 06:56 PM
PM, Circlevision, 2nd floor Starcade in TL, Motor Boat Cruise in FL
I wish I could have taken a ride on The Mine Train To Nature's Wonderland.

gobears97
05-28-2009, 07:01 PM
The Skyway for sure. I think longingly every time I walk by either the Fantasyland or Tomorrowland station. I also really liked the People (re)Mover. My favorite ride as a child was Adventure Through Innerspace. I wish I could take my daughter on that one.

disney_leonard
05-28-2009, 07:07 PM
1. Carousel of Progress
2. People Mover
3. Country Bear Jamboree

petesimac
05-28-2009, 07:29 PM
1. Carousel of Progress
2. People Mover
3. Country Bear Jamboree

Wow, and all three alive and well at WDW, although I wish we had Mr. Toad back, AND the subs. That's why we all have to make a concerted effort to visit both parks frequently.

DizneyMommy
05-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Definitely Country Bear Jamboree and People Mover, $99 AP's with no blackout dates, the parking lots that flooded when it rained, and parking right in front of the gate on rainy days when there used to be a parking lot in the Esplande - Eeyore I believe :-)

houseofmouse
05-28-2009, 08:06 PM
I miss the indoor seating they used to have at Carnation Cafe. I know it has been a long time but it was nice being able to sit inside when it was rainy or chilly.

DizneyMommy
05-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Oooohh, that made me think of something else. The ice cream stand at Carnation Plaza. I remember getting root beer floats and ice cream in waffle cones there on our way out of the park with my family.

Donald Duck Fan68
05-28-2009, 08:56 PM
I miss the One-of-a-kind shop in New Orleans Square, I miss the little shrimp-shack by the ROA that was replaced by the McD's fries (although I haven't been back since McD's left, what's there now?). I too miss the country bears, but I also miss the original Subs; I haven't been on the new subs yet, but I did go on Finding Nemo at Epcot and I imagine the two are similar.

Pookie
05-28-2009, 09:29 PM
I really miss the Country Bears. I had some really happy memories as a teenager with my grandma. At least I got to share this with our oldest at WDW which I think we did at least 10 times. I really bummed that I can't share it with our 2 yr old this time around.

Mom2
05-28-2009, 09:30 PM
I miss being able to sit in the area we always sat at in front of Rivers of America for Fantasmic. It was "our" spot for years, front and center in front of the wrought iron fencing and then they decided to change it to the reserved seating area.

Miss the BBQ Chicken Pizza at Redd Rockets Pizza Port. Miss the pizza and burgers at Storytellers Cafe (last I checked they did not have them any longer). Miss the Carmel Apple Dippers! Little bite sized apple pies with carmel dipping sauce and frozen cheesecake on a stick. Those may have been seasonal.

MadasaHatter
05-28-2009, 11:37 PM
Oooohh, that made me think of something else. The ice cream stand at Carnation Plaza. I remember getting root beer floats and ice cream in waffle cones there on our way out of the park with my family.

Me and my sister used to always go and get a sundae at the REAL Ice Cream parlor and sit at the beautiful counter. She would get the SNOW WHITE sundae I think it had chocolate with marshmallow topping on one scoop and vanilla with strawberry on the other scoop. I would always get the BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN and it had Coffee Ice Cream with Chocolate and Rocky Road with Caramel. I think I got those kind of right. I wish the new FAKE ice cream parlor still made those. SNIFF. Of course.....I am mad.....

Drince88
05-29-2009, 05:27 AM
I haven't been on the new subs yet, but I did go on Finding Nemo at Epcot and I imagine the two are similar.
I don't think they're enough similar for one experience to replace the other.

danyoung
05-29-2009, 05:51 AM
I agree. It's the same visuals, but the ride elements are totally different. There's something special about looking out of a sub porthole, through real water, and seeing all the Nemo animations. I enjoy both, but the subs are way cooler, IMO.