PDA

View Full Version : Getting a Corn Dog Fix (starting June 1--Bountiful Valley Farms Market!)

Toocherie
05-28-2009, 12:32 PM
With the imminent closure of Corn Dog Castle for up to two years, I'm wondering how those of us who crave the corn dogs are going to fare. While the little red wagon remains on Main Street in Disneyland, the line is notoriously slow and I'm wondering also if it can accommodate the legions of corn dog lovers. There seem to be several places in DCA where Disney could put a temporary corn dog facility (some of the food locations are rarely open) and while it would take re-tooling (putting in a fryer) it can't be that hard can it? I'm just looking ahead and considering that getting a corn dog in the next two years is not going to be an easy feat . . . . thoughts?

bennette
05-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Hmm. Maybe you had more wine at last nights Food and Wine event than I realized. Disney adding a food service cart when none of the others are open?

I personally am planning to just leave my husband in line while I shop and vice versa. There's no way he can survive without his corndog.

Andrew
05-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Seems like Award Weiners would be a natural, since they already do hot dogs. I just wish they'd add a turkey dog; right now, I can't eat anything there.

Toocherie
05-28-2009, 12:55 PM
Hmm. Maybe you had more wine at last nights Food and Wine event than I realized. Disney adding a food service cart when none of the others are open?

I personally am planning to just leave my husband in line while I shop and vice versa. There's no way he can survive without his corndog.

Well, I was actually thinking that some of the locations that appear to me to be underutilized (like the shake place which I rarely see open) could be converted to a temporary Corn Dog palace. Andrew is right--Award Weiners would be a natural too. Or get a second "little red wagon" and place it somewhere in DCA.

bennette
05-28-2009, 01:12 PM
I would love Award Weiners to offer it since we tend to spend more of our time in that area of DCA. But we'd take a wagon just about anywhere they offered it.

Now if they would just add a vegetarian corn dog (really, they are good!).

Mom2
05-28-2009, 04:43 PM
I have noticed those terribly long lines! *sigh*

It is worth the wait though! We dream and talk about those corn dogs all year long!

Toocherie
05-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Agreed--it is worth the wait--I just don't want the wait to be twice as long as usual!

Note to self--consider going to DL this weekend just to get a corn dog from Corn Dog Castle.

AVP
05-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Adding a fryer to an existing restaurant isn't a simple matter; fire-supression equipment must be installed as well and that might require the restaurant to go through "plan check" again. Award Wieners *had* a fryer, and I don't know if they took it out when they stopped serving fries. I seem to remember hearing something about that, but I can't recall the details.

AVP

mswong40
05-29-2009, 09:23 AM
:(

I literally craved a DL corn dog the whole 3rd month of my pregnancy in February........needless to say I will be have to wait much longer to grab one when I go to DL in the winter. :(

But I will wait, I will eat 2-3 if I have to!

Chadsgal
05-29-2009, 08:00 PM
We will be waiting in the line for the Red Wagon at the end of Main Street no matter how long it may be. This is a family favorite & must!

DisneyJenn
05-30-2009, 09:24 PM
I was at the park yesterday and we decided to have a corn dog. Expected to wait in line at the cart, but when we got there.... no line! It was a pretty busy day too, but a very pleasant surprise! It was probably about 4:30pm or so... Really shocking because we passed it many times and there was a line every other time...

Toocherie
05-31-2009, 02:00 PM
The D23 site is announcing that starting June 1 corn dogs will be available at Bountiful Valley Farms Market. Hopefully it's the hand-dipped ones like at Corn Dog Castle! Whoo hoo!

emmah
05-31-2009, 07:35 PM
toooooooo funny; i have been wondering for ages what a corn dog actually is; i thought it was some sort of patty made with corn and shopped like a sausage so i just googled it. a corn dog is what we new zealanders and australians call a hot dog! how funny. the things that come in buns with mustard we call american hot dogs. strange huh!

janell
06-01-2009, 12:19 PM
I was at the park yesterday and we decided to have a corn dog. Expected to wait in line at the cart, but when we got there.... no line! It was a pretty busy day too, but a very pleasant surprise! It was probably about 4:30pm or so... Really shocking because we passed it many times and there was a line every other time...

If 4:30 was around a paraid time, that could be why the line was not there. Yesterday we went back into DCA to get our last Spicy Corn Dog. We were walking through Gizzly Rapids area, one we hit the paraid line, we were not allowed to go towards the corn dog stand, along the site where Gold Dreams was. Due to with the two construction walls up, there must not be room for people to walk and the paraide to go by.

We had to walk all the way around PP to get back to the hot dog stand. Which had no line at the time. Once we got sat and eating then the parade came by. lol

If you want to do anything in that back area, I say do it around a parade time, you may have no line. lol

Drince88
06-01-2009, 12:51 PM
a corn dog is what we new zealanders and australians call a hot dog! how funny. the things that come in buns with mustard we call american hot dogs. strange huh!
That is funny. I wonder what the British call the thing you call a hot dog?

emmah
06-02-2009, 12:42 AM
That is funny. I wonder what the British call the thing you call a hot dog?

they call them hotdogs too. We buy them at fish & chip shops, which is why they are battered. you also get really good ones at local fairs and at stock cars - back when i ate meat, i used to looooooooove them, especially when dunked in tomato sauce. mmmmmmmmm.

olegc
06-02-2009, 08:39 AM
i kind of wanted to know why this note appeared on the D23 site - and where? shouldn't it be on the Disneyland site as well?

Second Star
06-02-2009, 08:58 AM
i kind of wanted to know why this note appeared on the D23 site - and where? shouldn't it be on the Disneyland site as well?

It's on the News & Features tab, off on the right hand side. And, yeah it probably should be on the Disneyland site too.

But, being at we will be there in a little under 2 weeks, all I can say is YIPPEE!! :D Cuz I love corn dogs. Shhh - don't tell my doctor. :eek: