PDA

View Full Version : What's your reason to celebrate at Disneyland?

Pages : [1] 2 3

angcould
05-28-2009, 09:20 AM
I am on a roll...... so enjoyed reading about everyones favorite ride, thought I would start another thread on what everyone is celebrating!

My DS and I are celebrating his leaving grade school. I lost my father this spring and he was a big Disney fan so we are going down to celebrate his
memory.... I know dad will be on every ride with us, laughing up a storm!

MammaSilva
05-28-2009, 09:23 AM
The promotion aside, everytime we go now it's to celebrate the gift of time. We came way way to close to losing Miss B a couple years ago, it was an awful time and while she fought for her life I kept promising her that when she got better not IF but WHEN we'd go to Disneyland, it's always been her Happy place...God was good and granted our prayers and so now we go to celebrate the gift of time.

underthesea1987
05-28-2009, 09:36 AM
My celebration is that Im in Disneyland!!!

Otherwise though the fact that Im in favorite place with my favorite people ( be it family or friends)

fairestoneofall
05-28-2009, 09:53 AM
For us it's usually Family Fun Days! We've deemed two Fridays a month as "Family Fun Days".....just time with my hubby and boys!!

3Princesses1Prince
05-28-2009, 10:32 AM
We are celebrating a number of things on our September trip.
* DH's birthday (day 1)
* My mom's bday (day 6)
* My mom's 1st trip since DCA opened (last time she was there Splash Mt was new!)
* DS's 1st trip (okay he'll be 9 months and won't remember it!)
* DD entering the Gate program
* Talking my DH into a trip this year!! :D

candles71
05-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Like Amerikanbeanhead- Just being at Disneyland:D. Although I am going with the graduating 8th grade class next week.

hefferdude
05-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Jan/Feb - Birthdays - mom,dad, gramma
July - Birthday - son
September - summer crowds have calmed down
December - Xmas Holiday other son birthday

- any other times it would be for mouseadventure but mostly just the two of us to slip away for some personal R & R. :-))

houseofmouse
05-28-2009, 11:08 AM
We are celebrating:
Date day with my DH, just the two of us.
Hanging with my good friend and her daughters.
Celebrating my son's 13th birthday!
Summer!!

codewoman
05-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Having just moved to a far-away state, we are celebrating the ability to travel back to our favorite *land* now that we're settled. It's been 9 months since the move!

FolsomFan
05-28-2009, 11:15 AM
We will be there next week. My wife and I will be celebrating the 13th anniversary of the day we met.

Nikara
05-28-2009, 12:05 PM
I'm going tomorrow, and celebrating graduating from USC! Now, if I only knew what I'm doing next...

K & S
05-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Last week we celebrated the end of my son's finals. Grades were just posted so tomorrow we'll celebrate his making the Dean's List.

:D

(This is a big deal to us because my son is dyslexic, but won’t let the college know.)

KarenW2
05-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Even tho there is the "celebration" going on, we're celebrating the same things we always do there! My hubby's birthday was in February, so we went to celebrate that, Tuesday, 5-26, was our 30TH Wedding Anniversary, so we went and celebrated that, then when October rolls around, we'll be there for sure, to celebrate my birthday!

Since we're PAP, we can go for as long, or as short as we like, which is really good! Tuesday, for some strange reason, was WAY crowded in BOTH parks, so we just stopped into DL briefly, to buy a giclee of the "Briar Rose Triptych" and a "Petite Print" of Alice's "Cup of Tea" (there was no giclee available) by Larry Nikolai, at the Art of Disney and to get me a Dole Whip, to tide me over until we had our anniversary celebration dinner, at Napa Rose.

Here's a link to Larry Nikolai's art: http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x671475a89

When we got to DLR, my hubby surprised me with the celebration "Happy Anniversary" buttons, he'd picked up a couple of weeks ago, when he was up there, for the Napa Rose Cooking School, taking his class and had stopped in at DL, before he left to come home. That's one of the things I love about him, after 30 years, he still manages to surprise me sometimes!! :D

DCA was WAY too crowded to even THINK of getting on any rides (and unfortunately, we kept seeing a lot of DRUNK people in the park, thanks to the Food & Wine thing I guess!), so we just did a few things there, then waited in the Grand Californian lobby, until it was time to go to dinner at NR.

Our anniversary dinner was, as all our dinners have been there, amazing and we had a great time, as always, sitting at the Chef's Counter, talking to Chef Andy and the rest of his crew! Since it was our anniversary, they started each of us off with a complimentary flute of champagne and with dessert, a complimentary glass of the Magicale, a dark red proseco-type wine. Yummy!!

Donald Duck Fan68
05-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Both our kids have birthdays in September, so we'll be celebrating that; we'll be there on the day of my son's 13th birthday. Our 15th anniversary will be just around the corner, so we'll kinda be celebrating that.

DisneyFunFamily4
05-28-2009, 08:55 PM
We're always looking for an excuse to go...

We went in APril for 5 nights pretty much just because.

we're going in 2 weeks right after the kids get out of school for two nights (dont tell, it's a surprise:))

we're going for DD5's birthday at the beginning of July

we'll be going in August for DD8's B-day (my B-day is a Blockout date:crying:)

DH's B-day is in September so we'll have to go for that

And then we'll have to go for HalloweenTime

ChristmasTime.

And we have to go for at least 5 more one day trips just to get our money's worth from the parking we added on to my AP...

Humm I wonder how busy Flag day, Groundhog day and Arbor day are?

cfitz/pirates
05-28-2009, 09:03 PM
were celebrating my DS very first visit to DL.

Mom2
05-28-2009, 09:27 PM
We are celebrating our yearly Disney trip! We have to get in at least one!

Second reason to celebrate is our getting to do the trip with a long lost friend who we only got in touch with recently...he is more like a brother than anything. It will be fun getting to hang out again (they are truck drivers and are not around a lot) and getting to know his gf a bit more.

foolishmortal
05-28-2009, 11:51 PM
Celebrated my 40th in march at DL!!! Way too much fun!

Then celebrating in Nov. the end of harvest season and even with the fact we got no water this year, the farm will have managed to survive another year!

That will be the "real" reason for celebrating at DL! I usually take the kids and Dh to DL after harvest,they both need it by then!

KS congrats on the dean's list! I'm dyslexic too so I know what a huge deal that is!
Your son will do great in college!

PixieChick
05-29-2009, 02:11 AM
We will be celebrating many things on our November visit.

Celebrating:

1. The fact that we are back in our favorite place and bringing several family members this time.

2. It will be one cousin's first time back in almost ten years. Another cousin hasn't been there since he was a child. And a third cousin and her daughter who have never been there at all.

3. My son's 6th birthday will be just before we leave on the trip and the cousin's daughter will celebrate her 11th birthday the day we get there.

I'm excited about this trip. I always love going with others who have never been there before and the best part is seeing their faces the first time they ever get to see Main Street.

Minniecass
05-29-2009, 08:03 AM
What are we Celebrating?

My daughters 3rd B-day and her first visit to Disney!!!
:D 6 more days!!!

10-97
05-29-2009, 08:36 AM
The promotion aside, everytime we go now it's to celebrate the gift of time.

I agree with MammaSilva. We like to celebrate the gift of time.

Most of my family loved DL, and our visits together were wonderful. My mom, brother, and sister are gone now, but we always remember them when we go on their favorite DL rides, or eat at their favorite DL restaurants.

I try to celebrate simple things that we sometimes take for granted, like good health, eyesight, and mobility. When I walk down the middle of Main Street in the morning, I take a few seconds to consider just how fortunate I am.

woody9six
05-29-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm going tomorrow, and celebrating graduating from USC! Now, if I only knew what I'm doing next...
Congrats and Fight On!

Escape2Disney
05-29-2009, 07:51 PM
In September, we're celebrating....

My youngest daughter starting her Sophomore year (5th year homeschooled)
My oldest daughter starting college (though she won't be able to join us this time) :crying:
Me living three years (and counting) longer than they said I would :D
Our pending move to another state
The invention of the mobility scooter so I can go on these trips!!

(Okay, I know I'm stretching it a bit, but I love looking for reasons to CELEBRATE!!)

CarrieAnn
05-29-2009, 10:12 PM
making it to state science fair
placing at state science fair
surviving 4 days in los angeles with 13 middle school students

actually, the last one is the only reason for going :)

fantasmicgallery
06-01-2009, 06:27 PM
We are celebrating family! :)