PDA

View Full Version : AP Payment Plan/Birthday Fun Card Question

Lukeed
05-23-2009, 10:41 AM
I've looked all over online and can't find the answer to these questions, so I hope this isn't a repost...

If you opt for the monthly payment plan, can you pay off the amount due 6 months in if you want to? Or, does it require 12 payments?

If you can pay it off sooner, can you use a birthday fun card to pay the balance?

Also, can you use your birthday fun card to purchase an AP for someone else?

Thanks in advance for your help!

DizneyMommy
05-23-2009, 02:22 PM
If you opt for the monthly payment plan, can you pay off the amount due 6 months in if you want to? Or, does it require 12 payments? - They will divide up the balance into 12 payments and bill you automatically each month, not mail you a bill, so you can't really pay it off sooner. There is no interest though so why bother?

If you can pay it off sooner, can you use a birthday fun card to pay the balance? - You can apply a birthday card towards buying a new pass or renewing a pass, but you cannot (that I am aware) take a birthday fun card and use it to make a "payment" towards a monthly payment plan already established. You could just save it for your renewal date though.

Also, can you use your birthday fun card to purchase an AP for someone else? You could probably use your fun card at World of Disney to buy an AP voucher and then give it to someone else... I don't see why that wouldn't work based on the rules.

You do know that you can only get a fun card if you go to Disneyland on your birthday and you already have an existing annual pass that is not blocked out that day, right? If you are trying to buy a new pass, you can use your ticket on your birthday towards a new pass and put the balance on monthly payments.

Not sure if that answered your question... maybe best to post what you are actually trying to do and then maybe someone can determine if it is doable?

MouseVII
05-23-2009, 05:16 PM
If you opt for the monthly payment plan, can you pay off the amount due 6 months in if you want to? Or, does it require 12 payments?When my sister got the payment plan last month, the woman in the ticket booth pointed out a phone number on a pamphlet that could be used to make larger payments.

Not sure if it can be arranged to make double payments for 6 months, but you could always just call every month.

Malcon10t
05-23-2009, 09:32 PM
When my sister got the payment plan last month, the woman in the ticket booth pointed out a phone number on a pamphlet that could be used to make larger payments.Thanks for letting us know! Great info!

MouseVII
05-24-2009, 08:43 AM
No problem.:D

Lukeed
05-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Thanks for all the fantastic info!

danyoung
05-26-2009, 09:52 AM
I can't imagine this would be any different than the average payment plan, where they give you an amount to pay but you can always pay more. I'm sure Disney would be more than happy to accept your money. I have no facts on this, just an opinion.