PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Holiday Date?

Mom2
05-22-2009, 02:05 AM
I am pretty sure that the Haunted Mansion Holiday runs for the entire month of October from the 1st through the 31st?

Darkbeer
05-22-2009, 04:30 AM
Actually, should open September 25th, and remain open until early January, 2010.

ShirleyFilms
05-22-2009, 07:42 AM
Darkbeer (or anyone in the know),

Any word yet on when HM will be CLOSING to add the holiday overlay?

I know it's usually right around the time they are having the 40th anniversary event. Just wondering if there is any official (or unofficial) word yet.

Thanks,
SF

olegc
05-22-2009, 08:59 AM
Darkbeer (or anyone in the know),

Any word yet on when HM will be CLOSING to add the holiday overlay?

I know it's usually right around the time they are having the 40th anniversary event. Just wondering if there is any official (or unofficial) word yet.

Thanks,
SF

well, I am not necessarily "in the know" but if the HM 40th events are Sep 8th and 9th my guess would be the next day (10th). Usually it closes 1st monday in September in order for them to have plenty of time to make it over to HMH for the end of september opening..

3Princesses1Prince
05-22-2009, 12:05 PM
I'm hoping they keep it up during D23 weekend. We will be arriving the 11th and hope it is still open.

AaronInCal
05-23-2009, 01:16 AM
Lately they have only been closing it for a little less than 3 weeks to install the overlay. It will close on a Monday and reopen on a Friday. So it will probably close the day after the event.

Malcon10t
05-23-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm curious if they will close it down on the 11th, or wait til the 14th.

Darkbeer
05-24-2009, 04:48 AM
Heck, I have heard Disney is still thinking of closing it on Tuesday, September 8th, and use the time to help prepare the attraction for the special merchandising event on the 9th. No regular "guests" would be allowed to ride, and they could set up a special treats for those paying the big bucks.

Tinkmom
06-12-2009, 11:43 AM
I hope they dont close it until the 14th since we'll be in the park on the 13th!

TowerofTerror
06-13-2009, 11:00 PM
yes but once it closed it only for 3 weeks and open back up again

Disneybound001
07-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Hi All,
This is my first post and question here, but I have been lurking for a long time. My family and I will be Disney bound Sept 22-27 2009. I think we may be there for the opening of Halloween, does anybody know how long it takes for Disney to decorate the park? We're hoping we'll be there for the opening to be able to do the Haunted Mansion as NBC.
Thanks!

maryxmas
07-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Heck, I have heard Disney is still thinking of closing it on Tuesday, September 8th, and use the time to help prepare the attraction for the special merchandising event on the 9th. No regular "guests" would be allowed to ride, and they could set up a special treats for those paying the big bucks.

Why isn't the closure for the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay on Mouseplanet's DL Resort weekly update? Is this an over sight, or has Disney not announced plans to run HMH this year and we are all just assuming they are going to? It is the HM 40th Anniversary, so maybe they won't?

AVP
07-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Why isn't the closure for the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay on Mouseplanet's DL Resort weekly update?Because we don't have firm dates yet. As soon as I get them confirmed from someone OTHER than someone who heard from a friend's brother who read it on the Internet, I'll post something. ;)

AVP

Malcon10t
07-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Disneyland's website (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/specialEvents/detail?name=HalloweenTimeSpecialEventPage) is showing Sept. 25.

AVP
07-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Disneyland's website (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/specialEvents/detail?name=HalloweenTimeSpecialEventPage) is showing Sept. 25.That's the opening day for Haunted Mansion Holiday, but we don't know when the attraction closes for the refurb. Disneyland.com only has refurbishments through August 12, 2009.

AVP

Malcon10t
07-01-2009, 09:09 PM
That's the opening day for Haunted Mansion Holiday, but we don't know when the attraction closes for the refurb. Disneyland.com only has refurbishments through August 12, 2009.

AVPTrue. Sorry, my misreading thought the question was when does it open. We will be there Sept 4-9. Since the 40th is during that time frame, I think we will get to see the regular version.

TowerofTerror
07-01-2009, 10:54 PM
it goes down right around labor day then opens up by the end of september with the Holiday Haunted Mansion with Jack and Sally . I have seen it this way since being annual passholder in 2004

olegc
07-02-2009, 06:47 AM
it goes down right around labor day then opens up by the end of september with the Holiday Haunted Mansion with Jack and Sally . I have seen it this way since being annual passholder in 2004

it will be later due to the HM40 event - which is 9/9 (labor day is 9/7 this year). so a little later than usual. HM40 is focused on old school version of HM. Well, old/new school since Constance the bride is very much a focus.

maryxmas
07-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Because we don't have firm dates yet. As soon as I get them confirmed from someone OTHER than someone who heard from a friend's brother who read it on the Internet, I'll post something. ;)

AVP

Sounds like a plan! LOL Thanks for the quick response.

I will just guess the same as everyone else, cause it makes the most sense. (probably the day after the Anniversay event day)

Darkbeer
07-02-2009, 03:44 PM
As I stated back on May 24th, and I have still not heard any final answer to the question.

Everyone working and managing the attraction expects it be open on Monday, September 7th (Labor Day) to the public...

The question basically deals with what will happen on September 8th and 9th, due to the special after hours ticketed merchandise event, that is sold out.

Last I heard, the CM's are seriously leaning to the real possibility that the attraction will be closed to regular guest starting Tuesday the 8th. Let alone will this allow time for the Merchandise folks to prep the area for the special event, it also will save labor costs in one of the SLOWEST times of the year. There is absolutely no need to have a E-Ticket attraction stay open on Tuesday and Wednesday. Heck, based on last year, you could basically walk onto any ride that was open.

But no final Official decision has been made, but if you want to make sure and enjoy the attraction before it shuts down for the changeover, I would make sure to ride on or before September 7th.

Now, there is still is the possibility that it will be open on Tuesday the 8th and maybe even Wednesday the 9th, and if so, count yourself lucky that you had a chance to ride with very small crowds.....

But with Disney watching its costs so closely lately, I wouldn't count on it.

AVP
07-06-2009, 08:59 AM
It looks like an "official" decision has now been made, and I just received these dates:

The Haunted Mansion will be closed September 10-24 for conversion into the Haunted Mansion Holiday attraction.

Hope this helps everyone make their travel plans!

AVP

Tinkmom
07-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the update! I've been wondering if we were going to make it before it closed or not. One of these days I will see HM in its normal form again! We usually go in late October for my bday so we catch the holiday version.

ShirleyFilms
07-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks AVP. Good to know.