PDA

View Full Version : Mezuzah on Main Street

Niwel
01-03-2003, 11:21 AM
Our guide pointed out the Mezuzah (a parchment that has the words of the Torah on it) on a door on the West side of mainstreet in the Emporium section. The door is a facade that says "Dr. Benjamin Silver-something" General Practioner. -- I can e-mail a photo to whomever wants to see it (I got some pretty strange looks from the people sitting on the stopp in front of the door. They must have thought I was nuts because why would anyone take a picture of a door?)
Our guide told us that Eisner came to the park a few years ago (2 or 3) and noticed a lot of Xmas stuff, but nothing for Chanuka, so he had them put up the door (although the mezuzah is on the wrong side). Ironically, there were no chanukah decorations on the door, so that explanation didn't make much sense.

I had never noticed it before -- anyone know the story behind it? Any input would be appreciated. :)

ldsguy
01-03-2003, 11:31 AM
I can't say that I have ever noticed it either, of course I am Christian, so I wouldn't pay much attention to it, other than being an interesting side note. Also, remember you can post pictures here.

tod
01-03-2003, 05:07 PM
I saw it and recognized it at once. I didn't know that it was on the wrong side -- the sisters at Our Lady Of Grace left that out of our religious education, choosing to focus on the New Testament instead.

It was there way before, uh, Christmas.

A nice Jewish doctor wth a storefront office -- they had to pull that out of the past, didn't they?

--Tod