PDA

View Full Version : E-Ticket Nights at Disneyland?

disneyscott
01-03-2003, 09:36 AM
As todays report on Disneyworld talks about another thing that we here at Disneyland DONT have. Do you think that E ticket night would work here and why dont we have it to. It seem to me that when somthing works well at Disneyland it moves to other parks but when thing work well other places we just get to hear about it and never see it

ldsguy
01-03-2003, 10:08 AM
What is this? I haven't heard anything about it, so I can't say one way or the other, please describe it and I will then make a more educated response.

ksejr1
01-03-2003, 10:56 AM
there was something like that a few years ago. They were Only available to annual passholders. I remember how empty the park was and we can go on the coolest rides over and over again. I don't remember if it was called E Ticket Nights. But I sure wish they do it again.

Techie7
01-03-2003, 10:57 AM
Link to todays MP Article (http://www.mouseplanet.com/mike/eride_nights.htm)

Traci
01-03-2003, 11:10 AM
Well, as it would be nice to have it here at DL & DCA, it seems that WDW does it to boost up the amount of people booking rooms in their resort hotels since it's only offerred to them.

I think there are too many locals that do DL & DCA in order for them to have this type of night. And what are us locals going to do? Book a hotel room at Grand California, Paradise Pier or DL Hotel, just for this extra feature? I know I wouldn't.

Just my little ole humble opinion. Carry on. :D

ldsguy
01-03-2003, 11:23 AM
Well, after reading the article, they did have something like that here, but it was indded only for Annual Pass Holders and it was free, I believe they left some restraunts and shops open for the revenue part......I never got to go when they did that, but I still think it's a cool idea to do for the Annual Pass Holders, I still maintain that here, the Anuual Pass Holders bring in the bulk of the money for the parks, so we should get some extras....whereas WDW, it's the tourists that bring in the bulk of the revenue, so obvisously they deserve the extras. I still like my idea of having weeks where every Annual Pass Holder that enters the park gets a wristband and for that week the park is open 24/7 for the Annual Pass Holders only. And do weeks where it's for CMs instead of Annual Pass Holders.

disney_leonard
01-03-2003, 08:27 PM
They did hold one e-night a few years ago. It cost $10 like at WDW. You got a wristband that you had to show once the park closed at 11. Certain areas such as Fantasyland and Toontown were closed. It was very cool- you could walk on Indy, SM, etc. with little or no wait. Once at the end of Indy the CM just said, "want to go again?" and we did!

They should bring it back and offer it to resort guests and AP's.

DL4EVER
01-05-2003, 10:37 AM
It wouldn't be neccessary........DL is open till 12 and Magic Kingdom is usually open no later than 10, so there would be no real point because if you go to get in line for splash at 10:45 at DL then your wait wouldn't usually be too horribly long so all in all it would not be that neccessary..........

ldsguy
01-05-2003, 06:27 PM
But I like the idea of some of the attractions being open til 2 am....what's wrong with that? Other than CMs that aren't going to like working those really late hours, but then again, you simply hire people specifically for that, I still like my idea of having weeks where the parks don't close for certain guests, one week have it Annual Pass Holders, another Cast Members, another Hotel Guests, even if you charge a little bit extra for this priveelage, just rotate attractions closing for nightly maintenance after a certain point. You coul do it to where you always have a full graveyard crew, this way when there are things like Gradnite, you already have a full cast that is used to working this shift anyway, esp. if you work it right this can work to thier advantage in many ways.

experiment626
01-05-2003, 08:52 PM
I like the way Disneyland does it better. Just keeping the park open longer for the SAME PRICE. WDW closes the park WAY TOO EARLY and then on select nights (and not very often nowadays) lets those willing to pay an ADDITIONAL $12 to remain in the park for an extra 4 hours (or so).