PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Railroad Narration (Sorry if this has already been asked)

iceman559
05-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Today, I was riding the railroad to Tomorrowland and as we passed Small World, I realized the train narration still says "you may catch a glimpse of a Mark V monorail". Anyone know why they haven't updated this since they now have the Mark VIIs or if they are planning to in the future?

kelli1rose
05-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Wow -- I was wondering the same thing last Thursday when I rode the train. Must be harder than it seems to change the dialogue, :D

iceman559
05-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Yeah, I'm sure there's a lot to it. I also started wondering about how long it will take them to update the Mickey and Friends tram spiel. It still talks about "if you parked in the Lion King parking lot, please take the Lion King tram", but isn't the Lion King lot closed for use as a staging area for World of Color followed by its transition to Cars Land?

Darkbeer
05-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Yeah, I'm sure there's a lot to it. I also started wondering about how long it will take them to update the Mickey and Friends tram spiel. It still talks about "if you parked in the Lion King parking lot, please take the Lion King tram", but isn't the Lion King lot closed for use as a staging area for World of Color followed by its transition to Cars Land?

Lion King refers to Timon, Simba and Pumbaa Lots. Currently the Lion King Tram only goes to Timon. In the near future, it will no longer go to Timon, but instead go to Simba. When the Lion King Tram first started, it stopped at both Simba and Timon. But Simba tram stops got the axe in 2002.

(Simba is the lot next to the Paradise Pier Hotel, on the west side of Disneyland Drive and DCA)

The Lion King Trams are loaded on the east side of the Main Entrance Plaza, next to where the ART shuttles, Hotel trams, and now the Pumbaa and GardenWalk Buses load (and Buzz Lightyear if needed).

Toocherie
05-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Lion King refers to Timon, Simba and Pumbaa Lots. Currently the Lion King Tram only goes to Timon. In the near future, it will no longer go to Timon, but instead go to Simba. When the Lion King Tram first started, it stopped at both Simba and Timon. But Simba tram stops got the axe in 2002.

(Simba is the lot next to the Paradise Pier Hotel, on the west side of Disneyland Drive and DCA)

The Lion King Trams are loaded on the east side of the Main Entrance Plaza, next to where the ART shuttles, Hotel trams, and now the Pumbaa and GardenWalk Buses load (and Buzz Lightyear if needed).

Just curious--how did they get the tram from Simba over to the parks? don't they have to go across Disneyland Drive?

Darkbeer
05-25-2009, 02:30 AM
Just curious--how did they get the tram from Simba over to the parks? don't they have to go across Disneyland Drive?

Disney actually has a waiver to allow it, they just decided to stop service back in 2002.

They do pay the state some fees (vehicle registration), but it is still a lot cheaper than what they are paying Gray Line/Coach USA to run the Pumbaa/Anaheim GardenWalk Shuttles.