PDA

View Full Version : What parts of Disneyland reminds you of your life?

zombie pirate
05-19-2009, 12:15 PM
This is just a fun little question. What Ride, parts of a ride, or place at Disneyland reminds you off your life?

For me, I work as a plumber(new construction) I love anything that has to do with water. I have worked on ponds, waterfalls, fountians, so anytime I hear running water splashing against rocks it feels like heaven.

Rufus T Firefly
05-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Major portions of my life have been "Mr Toad's Wild Ride". I'm just hoping that I don't end in Hell. ;)

MouseVII
05-19-2009, 02:29 PM
I work in an auto repair shop, so smelling the exhaust from the Autopia cars kinda reminds me of work (although new cars don't smell that much)

TowerofTerror
05-19-2009, 03:36 PM
space mountain reminds me of my life because. i love looking at space and all the science behind space

angcould
05-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Lol thats easy the tea cup ride, sometimes mine spins out of control other times its smooth and at least I know I can control it sometimes.....

Mom2
05-20-2009, 12:04 AM
The Hyperion Theater Alladdin show reminds me of my wedding day...because we got married to "A Whole New World" I am sad to hear the show is leaving eventually.

Leofoenget
05-20-2009, 06:18 AM
Alice in Wonderland. It's a fun ride but it makes no sense

kdsmit07
05-20-2009, 11:35 AM

Thats just too funny.

DisneyFanKat
05-20-2009, 03:09 PM

hahaha - I love it! Great answer!

olegc
05-20-2009, 03:19 PM
For me - the jungle cruise:
- lots of danger (unknowns) around every corner
- travel through with friends and rely on them
- laugh at everything and find the humor - ironic or otherwise..

my favorite ride is Pirate's, followed by Indy, but my life is not that adventurous - or scandelous!

bubsy
05-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Disneyland was the only place we ever went on vacation.

Disneyland reminds me of my childhood, before I old enough to realize my parents had a terrible marriage, before I even knew parents got divorced.

My Dad was a workaholic, turns out for nothing, so he never wanted to take time off, so we'd go to Disneyland which is 5 hours away. I wasn't traumatized by the divorce, some of the behviour surrounding it yes, but not the break up of the marriage, I realized it should had been done years earlier. But Disneyland was happiness.

I know this sounds sad and depressing, but I to this day LOVE Disneyland with all my heart. I don't really care about the Mickey, the movies & the TV shows. I care about Disneyland.

The feeling I get when I walk down Main Street is just so great. It reminds me of when there were no worries, no rent, no jobs, and this may sound terrible but it reminds me of the whole self-centeredness of being young - when you didn't know or understand that there were bad or unhappy things and no one wanted you to know that there were.

potzbie
05-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Interesting question.
I was pondering the question in a different variation -- "What ride or attraction at Disneyland turned out to be related to my primary occupation?"
(I turned out to be a computer programmer.):geek:

You know what? -- It just hit me -- In the old Tomorrowland, there was a building ("Hall of Science"?) which had a computer play TIC TAC TOE.
The computer, of course, never lost.
That really, really blew me away! -- "How can a machine 'know' where to place his X/O so that I cannot defeat the machine?"
That modest device stuck in my mind for years!
It was just dang blame amazin' to me!:)

Funny -- I haven't thought about that Hall of Science for years.
I hadn't thought of that Tic Tac Toe machine in years.

What a memory flogger!;)

njdrummer
05-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Great thread, z.p.
It made me think, then I realized the whole idea of making wherever I am at the moment-"the happiest Place on Earth" was what inspires me about Disneyland.

militarymom
05-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Sleeping Beauty's castle brings back my favorite memories in my life. We lived in Germany for 6 years and every weekend we would go on day trips exploring. The very last week end we took our 4 boys and spent 3 days in Munich to see Neuschwanstein castle. Then the following week end we were back in Calif and took them to Disneyland. The boys were so excited when they saw Sleeping Beauty's castle and started to run down main street and scream the castle, the castle. Until about half way they all stopped, turned around dumbfounded and said so dejectedly, "It is not real." All day long I had to try to explain why it was not real and nothing was really real!

zombie pirate
05-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Maybe like the Disneyland RailRoad, my lifes been just going around in circles lately.

Katran
05-21-2009, 01:11 PM
The disappointment when I leave. :(

Seriously, that's pretty much it, lol. Frontierland does a little bit, but only the country areas of my state. I live in a big city that bears little resemblance to that land otherwise.

codewoman
05-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Disneyland was the only place we ever went on vacation.

Disneyland reminds me of my childhood, before I old enough to realize my parents had a terrible marriage, before I even knew parents got divorced.

My Dad was a workaholic, turns out for nothing, so he never wanted to take time off, so we'd go to Disneyland which is 5 hours away. I wasn't traumatized by the divorce, some of the behviour surrounding it yes, but not the break up of the marriage, I realized it should had been done years earlier. But Disneyland was happiness.

I know this sounds sad and depressing, but I to this day LOVE Disneyland with all my heart. I don't really care about the Mickey, the movies & the TV shows. I care about Disneyland.

The feeling I get when I walk down Main Street is just so great. It reminds me of when there were no worries, no rent, no jobs, and this may sound terrible but it reminds me of the whole self-centeredness of being young - when you didn't know or understand that there were bad or unhappy things and no one wanted you to know that there were.

I'm right there with ya. My parents didn't argue at Disneyland. It was the happy place of my childhood. When I go back, I get that happy child feeling again.

sjcivilady
06-05-2009, 08:11 PM
It's a Small World! 1st: I love to travel and learn about other cultures. 2nd: I live in a town of 50,000 - but it wasn't always that big. So when you meet someone, you either know someone in their family or one of their friends.... or went to school with them... or jazzercized with them... haha!

disneylandgirl
06-05-2009, 08:24 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself. ;)