PDA

View Full Version : Last chance before rehabs

Pages : [1] 2

Ghoulish Delight
01-03-2003, 08:01 AM
For anyone who hasn't quite noticed, this is the last week before a few things go down for rehab. Noteably, Haunted Mansion Holiday and the Rivers of America (along with, of course, all of the attractions that go with RoA. The Twain, the Columbia, the canoes, and TSI). Also, Sunday will be the final performance of both the holiday parade and Believe in Holiday Magic. Parade of the Stars and Believe! will return the following weekend.

Folks, this is the last chance to see TSI in it's current incarnation (rather, what's left of it). If you're dying to see any of the above, Sunday's the last day. Something tells me that there will be a healthy group of MPers present for the final ride on the Twain that evening before the river is drained. I'm pretty sure we'll make it. Anyone else?

The rehab list at disneyland.com seems to confirm this thread's (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12682) suppositions that Small World Holiday will stay up at least for another week until the 13th.

zapppop
01-03-2003, 08:20 AM
and January 5th is the last day to experience the rope bridges in the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail in California Adventure. Disney is going to replace them for safety reasons.

mad4mky
01-03-2003, 08:42 AM
We'll be there on Sunday...
And we hope to experience these attractions as much as we can (except the canoes...I won't do the canoes...I had a BAD experience with those things...).
Maybe we'll see you on that last Mark Twain voyage on Sunday night...-:)

WickedQueen
01-03-2003, 08:57 AM
We are on our way down today for that very reason!

ldsguy
01-03-2003, 10:07 AM
I will probably be there tommorow (Sat.) I think it will be interesting to see how they set up walls and such for the draining of the river and how they handle this on the train when going by the ROA.

zapppop
01-03-2003, 10:50 AM
I will miss Haunted Mansion Holiday.

http://members.aol.com/hydrotrippin/images/hmh.jpg

Ahh, the memories. ;)

HBTiggerFan
01-03-2003, 11:02 AM
Anyone gonna do a noon meet at the hub? I think me and erica might be there (of course I need to talk to her first LOL)

Traci
01-03-2003, 11:16 AM
I will be there Saturday to do a final ride. Hopefully the crowds won't deter me.

And Zapp, great photo!:D

IFlyAway
01-03-2003, 11:56 AM
Any opinions of the crowd level Sunday? I'd like to go one last time before HMH is dismantled.

innerSpaceman
01-03-2003, 12:19 PM
Yep, Sunday is going to be a particularly busy, ride-filled MP Day at Disneyland. (Remnants of) Tom Sawyer Island for the very very last time ever. Mark Twain cruises (day and night) before the River runs dry. Haunted Mansion Holiday (clapping monkey version) for the last time till next Halloween season. Holiday Believe for the last time this season. Maybe even a Columbia cruise for good measure (is it true that below decks are now off-limits?). Heck, even a jaunt over to DCA for our last chance to get injured (or hurt some kids) on the Challenge Trail rope thingies.

In addition, a ride on Splash Mountain might be in order before Critter Country is walled off to become 100 Acre Woods or some such thing. In a couple of weeks, Disneyland is gonna be at its low point in history. No Critter Country, No Rivers of America, No Haunted Mansion, No Small World, No Matterhorn, not to mention the continuing practically No Tomorrowland. Well, at least the Carousel is due to return after a greater-than-ONE-YEAR absense. That, too, is a low point in Disneyland history.

Join us this Sunday for the last hurrah. It'll be slim pickins at Disneyland till Spring.

DJ_MENTOS
01-03-2003, 12:31 PM
What is getting replaced at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail? And what will they replace it with?

-DJ_MENTOS

zapppop
01-03-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by DJ_MENTOS
What is getting replaced at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail?

Originally posted by zapppop
... January 5th is the last day to experience the rope bridges in the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail in California Adventure. Disney is going to replace them for safety reasons.
;)

Don't know what they'll be replaced with.

mousey_girl
01-03-2003, 01:49 PM
My boys (both the young one and the old one ;) ) will be very sorry to see the rope bridges go. I hope they are replaced with something equally as fun.

Not Afraid
01-03-2003, 02:07 PM
OK, Here's the MP deal for Sunday (according to moi the "coordinator")................

10:30 River Belle Terrace for Brunch

12:00 Noon at the Hub, then off to gather appropriate FPs, and explore TSI, ROA etc. and all of the things we must accomplish for the day. We will end with Holiday Believe (or catch a JC after that)

WOW! It's been a while since we've had a big 'ole MP meet. This could be fun..........NAW........:D

Don
01-03-2003, 02:44 PM
Maybe the rope bridges will be replaced by those commemorative bricks out in the Esplanade.

Andrew
01-03-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
WOW! It's been a while since we've had a big 'ole MP meet. This could be fun..........NAW........:D

Sorry we're going to miss it. I want full reports Sunday night!

ldsguy
01-03-2003, 03:27 PM
Nah, they'll be replaced with the sponge stuff that's around the ball from Cosmic Waves in tommorowland, nothing else there, just the sponge stuff.

Also, has anyone else noticed this, according to the Disneyland Website, the rehab schedule for Jan 6 is:
Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes
King Arthur Carrousel
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Sleeping Beauty Castle
Rivers of America
Mark Twain Riverboat
Sailing Ship Columbia
Haunted Mansion

Anyone else notice that Tom Sawyer's Island is not on the list? Obviously it has to be closed due to the Rivers of America being closed, but I thought it was funny.

Berry Princess
01-03-2003, 03:30 PM
Wish I could join you all too. If course we are trying to get rid of colds and the flu here.:(

HBTiggerFan
01-03-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
OK, Here's the MP deal for Sunday (according to moi the "coordinator")................

10:30 River Belle Terrace for Brunch

12:00 Noon at the Hub, then off to gather appropriate FPs, and explore TSI, ROA etc. and all of the things we must accomplish for the day. We will end with Holiday Believe (or catch a JC after that)

I wonder if I can drag my butt out of bed for the 10:30 Riverbell meet. Probably not, but I'll try! If not I will be there at noon! First meet since school is out yay!!!!!!

pinkpail
01-03-2003, 06:10 PM
OH BOY!! I am so glad I found this thread. I was just looking for the rehabs on Disney.com and me not being so good with the computer I could not find the list. Could someone post the link for me? I know it has been on here before but I do not know how to save it. Can anyone help with that also? Thank you!

disney_leonard
01-03-2003, 08:18 PM
Do I understand that TSI will be no more? What are they doing?

ldsguy
01-03-2003, 10:04 PM
To my knowledge TSI will still exist, but will have the foam padding in the paly area and other updates for safety reasons. Unless I missed something, I know there were rumors about doing something elswe with the area, because there were people out giving people surveys about the Island, but I doubt anything besides safety changes will be seen, who knows though, heck they could even put a show out there (Or how about my idea from the other thread of turing it into Bear Country and bring back the Country Bear Playhouse?)

cemeinke
01-03-2003, 10:12 PM
There's a good chance the fort will come down as well as the remnants of the suspension bridge. I think there is some possibility that the island may get "re-themed" in the process.

GoofyDad
01-03-2003, 10:17 PM
I took a ride on MT on NYE, and you could see where there were lines drawn on some of the rock outcroppings on TSI where cut, fill and change work will be done. We went out on the island later (1st time for my kids) and my daughter (4) whacked her head on a low rock in Injun Joe's cave. I wouldn't be surprised to see the caves filled with foam in the future.

Reminds me of today's "Pickles" comic...

pinkpail
01-04-2003, 04:42 PM
A few posts ago I said how glad I was to have found this thread but having my post completely ignored I guess I am not so glad anymore. :confused: