PDA

View Full Version : Minnie Mouse's Famous Chewy Cheesy Chip Cookies recipe

JennyHart
05-18-2009, 10:02 AM
Hi everyone. I hope I am doing this right. Has anyone tried to make "Minnie Mouse's Famous Chewy Cheesy Chip Cookies?" Also, what are "Cheese Chips"? The recipe is on the refrigerator door in Minnie Mouse's House. I posted a photo of the recipe at http://s692.photobucket.com/albums/vv285/JennyHart1/ Here's the recipe

Minnie Mouse's Famous Chewy Cheesy Chip Cookies

*2/3 Cup Shortening
*2/3 Cup Butter
*1 Cup Sugar
*1 Cup Brown Sugar
*2 Eggs
*2 Tsp. Vanilla
*3 Cups sifted Flour
*1 Tsp. Baking Soda
*1 Tsp. Salt
*10 oz. Semi-Sharp Cheddar Cheese Chips

Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix butter & shortening, sugars, eggs, vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients. Add Cheddar Cheese Chips. Spoon onto cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.

(Note: For a zesty taste treat, try Smoked Gouda Cheese Chips instead of Cheddar!)

K & S
05-18-2009, 10:48 AM
I must say the recipe sounds disgusting to me, I can’t imagine that much sugar with cheese. Perhaps it's just a joke meant to play into the mice/cheese thing.

TTFN92
05-18-2009, 10:59 AM
I would say it's a joke. Instead of chocolate chips they are using "cheese chips".

houseofmouse
05-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Yeah that is my take on it too. but if anyone tries it, they should let us know how it turned out. :D

JennyHart
05-18-2009, 11:28 AM
On thinking about it, Cheddar Cheese Chips probably is a block of cheddar cheese cut to the size of typical chocolate chips. So I'm trying to imagine what chocolate chip cookies would taste like using cheese "chips" instead of chocolate chips. Flour and cheese? Doesn't sound too good. I Googled "cheddar cheese cookie" and came up with some hits that use flour and chedder cheese.

TowerofTerror
05-18-2009, 01:23 PM
SOUNDS GOOD I think I make some

DizneyMommy
05-19-2009, 06:37 AM
I really dont think it was ever meant to be baked :-)

jenpace
05-19-2009, 06:59 AM
I really dont think it was ever meant to be baked :-)

Yes...I agree :)

Jennifer

Boo's Mommy
05-19-2009, 08:22 AM
You never know though. I'm sure someone has tried to bake them. A few trips ago, I made sure to take good pics of the recipe so I could try them at home. I just have never gotten around to actually doing that.