PDA

View Full Version : Twofer & birthday tickets questions

Sansarc
05-16-2009, 02:51 PM
I think, for brevity, I'm going to list my questions in order below (!):

1. Is it possible to purchase and print out the two-fer tickets at home? (We are So. Cal. residents)

2. Even though the two-fer deal expires in June, can the tickets still be used in August 2009?

3. If we buy the two-fer tickets now (before June), and then return to the park for my son's birthday in August . . . can we receive a birthday gift card for him instead of the free admission?

On the other hand, if we CANNOT buy the two-fer tickets online now and use them later, then we will go to the parks and buy our tickets on his birthday. We're planning to spend 3 days in DLR, with 2 of those days at the parks. Can we . . . :

4. Buy park hoppers for two of us, and then have his birthday admission ticket be a park hopper, too? Or is the free birthday ticket only a one-day pass for one park?

5. Buy three park hopper tickets and then ask for a birthday gift card for him instead?

Okay, now I have questions about this birthday gift card -- I've read on the posts that this can't be used towards food -- just merchandise. Is that true? Or can the gift card be used at a restaurant in the parks, or in the DLR hotels (ie., Napa Rose?) Can it also be used towards our stay at the DLH? Not that I would do this -- it would be for him to have fun with. But I honestly cannot imagine him buying $70 worth of merchandise. He will barely buy a Mickey ears hat. Can the gift card be used at another time -- is there an expiration date on it?

Sorry for all the questions. I've tried to find answers here, but it gets all jumbled!

candles71
05-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Ok 1- yes you can buy them online.
2-IDK what the expiration date is on them. BUT if you want to hop this won't work. You get one park one day, the other park a second day.
3.If the ticket is good in August yes. Depends when the tickets expire.
4. Bday ticket is one park, one day. BUT you can pay the difference to upgrade.
5. would depend. Either way you get 69/59 (3-9). So do you want it off the ticket, or as a fun card to spend on shopping.

AND NO no food/ restaurants. If the food is considered merchandise like packaged candy is the only exception. Oh and no expiration date on the fun card. They originally said only good on B-day, but that has changed.

AnotherJenny
05-16-2009, 09:00 PM
The 2fer offer expires 30 days from first use, or June 3rd, whichever comes first. So no, you cannot use the tickets in August.

Also, unless your first day of entry is your son's birthday, you cannot use his 1 day admission towards a 2 day pass.

Another option is to get the So Cal $99 3 day pass. That pass is good for 45 days or until August 30th, whichever comes first. It is only $5 more for 1 extra day (compared to the 2-day hopper) and you get longer to use it.

I don't know how old your son is (if he's under 10 the fun card is $59,) but it doesn't go as far as you think. A couple of t-shirts will use it up. You could also use it to buy gifts. Like a Disney DVD to give a friend for their birthday.

Or instead of the fun card you could choose the fast passes or admission on a future date (which has to be used by your next birthday.) If he has a friend who is going on their birthday later in the year, maybe you can arrange for him to tag along.

Darkbeer
05-16-2009, 09:22 PM
The "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE!" 2fer won't work for you, as the First day of use MUST be by June 3rd.

But the Summer Fun Pass will....

Here are the details...

Southern California Summer Fun Pass

Starting June 1 and running through August 23, Southern California residents can buy a Summer Fun Pass that offers 3 days of park hopping at both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure for just $99! The pass is good for any three days (except July 4) within 45 days from first use.

The special ticket will be available starting June 1 at Disneyland ticket booths; Southern California Disney Stores; Albertsons, Vons, Ralphs, Gelsons, Stater Bros and Food 4 Less supermarkets; and Disneyland.com. The price is $99 for adults or kids.

Summer Fun Passes are valid for Southern California residents within ZIP codes 90000-93599 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000-22999. Proof of residency required for admission.

Tickets are valid 45 days from first use. First use must occur between 6/1/09 through 8/23/09. TICKET IS NOT VALID ON 7/4/09. Each day of use constitutes one full day of use. May purchase up to eight tickets per person per day with valid ID. Tickets may not be sold or transferred for commercial use. Offer may not be combined with other discounts or promotions. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.

Note, only the FIRST day of use must be by August 23rd. You than have 45 days after the first day of use to use the other 2 days. There is no "hard" ending date for days other than the first day of use.

If you are planning for the first day of use being your son's actual birthday, just use the $69 credit and upgrade to the Summer Fun Pass for $30, since the special SoCal deal will be offered at the Main Entrance Ticket Booths.

If you decide to go to the parks prior to his BD, you can claim the Fun Card (Merchandise Gift Card) on the second or third day of the ParkHopper, so long it is the exact day of his birth. No Food on the Fun Card, but it has no expiration date.

Sansarc
05-17-2009, 08:33 AM
Darkbeer, where did you find all of that info? On the Disney.com site? I really appreciate your help with this -- as actually, our first day would be August 21st (his birthday). We were planning on checking out of our hotel on August 23rd and simply going home because we didn't want to buy three more park tickets for just a few hours. But with the summer fun pass -- we could go to the parks before we drive home that day. Wow -- I'm so glad you posted this. Plus, it sounds like we could apply the birthday discount towards the fun pass. My son will be 13, so he has an adult admission. Thank you so much.

I didn't realize the two-fer had to be used by June 3rd! Thanks everyone for telling me that. That Disney.com site is confusing for me. When I searched for more info about the birthday celebration -- I just kept getting that "trip planning" stuff -- about forming your own map of the park, buying the birthday treasure/pirate box, going to the round-up or Plaza Inn, etc. It was frustrating. I think he's too old for most of that stuff anyway.

It was also unclear to me about the birthday buttons. From the web site, there's no mention of going to guest services for the birthday buttons -- just buying the tickets at the ticket booths or online. On MousePlanet, other posts mention waiting in line at guest services for birthday buttons. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place on Disney.com for information? I gave up after awhile. It seems like a user-friendly site, but I always end up having to call Disney after awhile.

Anyway, thanks everybody for your help. This has been really great.

Malcon10t
05-17-2009, 10:52 AM
There are lots of places for birthday buttons. Most restaurants have them. City Hall, Guest Services, AP Processing, the ticket booths, Information (both DL and DCA) all have them. I've even been given "Honorary Citizen" by a cashier!

AVP
05-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Sansarc,

MousePlanet's weekly Disneyland Resort Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/8818/Disneyland_Resort_Update) has all of the current offers and promotions. If you're planning a trip to Disneyland, I definitely recommend that you add that weekly article to your reading list so you can stay up to date on the latest info from the parks. The full details of the 3-Day Summer Fun Pass are were in the April 28th Update. (Click Me (http://www.mouseplanet.com/8818/Disneyland_Resort_Update#news4)!)

You can definitely upgrade the Birthday Admission to a Summer Fun Pass; the only downside is that you have to purchase the ticket in person when you get to the Resort in order to do the upgrade. Otherwise I always recommend that people purchase their tickets in advance of their visit whenever possible, because the lines can be really, really long.

I just kept getting that "trip planning" stuff -- about forming your own map of the park, buying the birthday treasure/pirate box, going to the round-up or Plaza Inn, etc. It was frustrating. I think he's too old for most of that stuff anyway.I wrote an article earlier this year about Celebration Dining at the Resort (http://www.mouseplanet.com/8576/What_Will_You_Celebrate_promotion_brings_new_Celeb ration_Dining_options_to_the_Disneyland_Resort). A 13-year old will probably be too old to appreciate some of the options, but he might like the Celebration Roundup and Barbecue (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/blog.php?b=391).

It was also unclear to me about the birthday buttons. From the web site, there's no mention of going to guest services for the birthday buttons -- just buying the tickets at the ticket booths or online. On MousePlanet, other posts mention waiting in line at guest services for birthday buttons.
For some reason people seem to think that you have to get the buttons at City Hall, but almost every retail location at the Resort has the buttons available. If they don't offer you one when you get the birthday ticket (I've heard mixed reports as to whether the ticket booths have them or not), you can easily get one just by asking at the cash register areas of the World of Disney store (the main collectibles room *always* has them), or the Emporium or Greetings from California.

AVP

Sansarc
05-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Oh, thanks so much! I feel so slow navigating the web sites sometimes. I usually check the weekly updates on MousePlanet, now I'm embarrassed that I missed that one. I will double-check it tonight. I'm so excited that we're going back -- it's kind of crazy.